Target DPCI’s for upcoming Exclusives, including Kingdom Roadrage!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, May 1, 2021.

1. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can’t think of any current figures Fangry would be able to be retooled from, but I think that TR Doublecross could work with some extensive retooling in the upper torso.

2. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    or grotesque, who barely need any retooling to become fangry

• Like Like x 2
  3. Q Prime

Q Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yellow face, black windows, maybe yellow shins, probably a less orangier yellow than the Netflix version, maybe even blue instead of black if they take the comic colours too literally.

4. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Yeah, @Apollux is a pretty reputable leaker. I'll definitely believe them.

Oh shit, that's hype. Fangry though, that sets a very strange precedent, whatever it is. If he doesn't have a new mold, he probably won't be G1 Fangry.

And @wreckgar39 is a pretty reliable leaker as well. That clears things up.

No idea though what Hasbro's thinking here though. This info is very confusing to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    They only need to remould the upper beast mode bonce, and swap the white & grey for grey & black to make Grotusque into a Fangry bod (which would still technically be a Doublecross/Twinferno remould - after a fashion) it's already got the bat wings (sadly no wing shield though but, hey, a FANGRY!), then do Squeezeplay from Repugnus, Hasbro, STAT!
    I still this it could be Goldbug, with a bit of Leak source cross-pollination. We've been informed Goldbug was being looked at but would most likely come in a set by another of our inside persons.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Q Prime

News Credits:
    There aren't any other currently-existing Fangrys.

7. Skycutter

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    i mean grotesque with new tooling can make a decent fangry, so there thatm and i don't really think there anything else fangry could be

8. Q Prime

News Credits:
    If it indeed is Goldbug, I guess it will just be the two BW ones to get rid of.

9. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to just release Netflix 'Bee with an unpainted face and black forearms as Marvel 'Bee but, for me at least, the Netflix face is pretty faithful to the show model which is a bit Stoic/Heroic a sculpt - a "proper" Marvel 'Bee needs either the Toy battlemask for his early appearance, or the friendly "kid brother" face of the 'toon for me.
    What I'm thinking though is we've already seem a third head created for that body buck in SG, and Hasbro are very much leave no repaint unpainted at the mo, yeah?
    My anticipation for this set has shot up, as have my hopes it ends up on UK Pulse and orderable to boot!

• Like Like x 1
  10. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Not since TR, yeah. And that one's arguably doing Brisko's thing, even though Hasbro confirmed it's Fangry... that's another conversation though. =p

There'd have to be some pretty extensive new tooling IMHO. AAt least for me to care about it. I'm honestly not sure how it would work in a satisfactory way. Though that's my problem, I suppose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, lets look at the facts here. We do have precedent of anachronistic characters having Cybertronian modes that match their old self's older modes, Siege G1 Sideswipe and 35th Soundblaster, but they were treated as different characters. So if this Bumblebee mold is actually Goldbug, it would probably have to be a new character separate from Bumblebee. Which may not fly with Volkswagen. If it's just a gold Bumblebee, it'd probably more be a reference to G2 Bumblebee.

But @fanbase0000 mentioned @wreckgar39's leak that it's Marvel Bumblebee, which IMHO is far more likely.

11. Q Prime

News Credits:
    Hopefully it'll show up on Pulse given T-Wrecks' example.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Skycutter

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    i mean, what extensive retool, other then wolf head and possible new titan master head, is really needed for grotesque to become fangry

• Like Like x 1
  13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    You don't think they'll take Twinferno and retool him in to Fangry the same way they retooled him in to Grotusque and Repugnus?

CW Onslaught was first released in early 2016 and came back in 2019 as Ectotron.
    TR Twinferno came out in late 2016 and came back in 2017 as Grotusque and again in 2018 as Repugnus.

There's absolutely nothing unreasonable about expecting Fangry to just be another retool of the existing Monsterbot mold. It's only been three years since we last saw it. Molds have come back from further.

Also, I'm warming on the idea of a "toy color" Blackarachnia. Especially if she has the mutant face instead of the show one.

Looking back at pics, it's actually quite different from the toy colors and would work as a new character in the same vein as Nemesis Prime and Shadow Panther.

[​IMG]

(And yes, I'm aware that's the MP. But for purposes of comparison she's close enough to the Kingdom figure's colors)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Grrrr, so to get 1 figure I want (Fangry) I have to take 3 more I have no use for...

15. orangeitis

News Credits:
    For Fangry to be G1 accurate, I'd say a lot.

G1_fangry_toy.jpg G1-toy_Grotusque.jpg

In beast mode, Fangry's legs are furry, his arms are furry, his wings are more organic and in a different position, he has an entirely different head, his back isn't hunched-over and lizardlike like Grotusque's is, his bot mode legs are on his back...

If any TR mold, he'd more likely be retooled from Mindwipe. Or just use Mindwipe's body.

I have a higher expectation of Hasbro than I did when Titan's Return was on the shelves. Maybe if they were Micromasters or Battlemasters(which were complete shit in the WFCT IMHO), but for larger characters, I expect better than for Hasbro to reuse the same mold over and over again aside from Seekers and Sideswipes. Maybe my logic is clouded from the current trilogy.

16. Q Prime

News Credits:
    Maybe Fangry will reuse the hairy limbs from Twinferno depending on how much they can mix and match molds?

• Like Like x 1
  17. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even the current Trilogy that is "clouding your judgement" has a Hot Shot who is just a Blue Hound with Hot Shot's head. For a complete absolute nobody like Fangry a minor retool is completely possible, if not probable.

18. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wait were getting a fangry?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Skycutter

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    hey it not like some of that can't be changed, for starters, tr grotesque already has furry legs, already said about the different heads, which was going to be a given, tr grotesques wings are also sorta organic, his hunched over look could also be fixed using the tr mold, having it both ways, the only realy thing that i didn't mention that aren't already on there, or fixed(or already fixed that i know of) is the feet in robot mode, and the positioning of the wing, and the furry arms
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. orangeitis

News Credits:
    The current trilogy is modeled after Sunbow, Marvel, and Mainframe(to all you other posters, I did not say it's the same continuity as them. Don't even go there again.), so one would assume that Selects Hot Shot would be Hot Shot's body if he appeared in the '80s cartoon.

Eh, sure. But Mindwipe's body does that "flip him upside-down" thing that G1 Fangry already does, *and* has tiny back wings.