Tanker Truck Spoilers !!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by haunted-one, Sep 24, 2010.

1. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

Whoa!! Just whoa!!

I mean, what a way to end Friday. I wouldn't be surprised, but it would also be incredibly stupid of Bay in turning "HIM" into a tanker truck after two great alt modes in the last two films.

2. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I'd be really surprised if this was true. Megatron's had a Cybertronian alt mode for the past few films for a reason: he believes himself above humans. I doubt he'd take on an alt mode like that if he were to scan an earth vehicle.

If it IS true however, perhaps they're doing an X-Men 2 style thing where the Autobots and the Decepticons team up for a little bit to try and stop Shockwave.

3. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

It would make sense...Megatron weaken from battling the Overpowered Optimus Prime, returns to Cybertron...Shockwave is their waiting for him(Starscream told him), Shockwave and Starscream ambush him,almost killing him, Megatron escapes barely back to earth, Soundwave heals some of Megatron injuries, Megatron reformats(reluctantly) and stays low(still causes a lil' bit of drama)....and Soundwave is like Megatron's Spy.

4. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    He better get a toy as awsome as ROTF prime...

5. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Well if he has his arm-mounted cannon the tanker section (or part of it anyway) could easily form into that kind of giant gun shape..

6. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

Pretty badass truck, but Megatron doesn't need to hide from humans.

7. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It really fits in well with Megatrons' bad ass image.

8. metcar

metcar mmm donut!

i like the look reminds me of RID scourge/gen2 laser prime. wich makes me think if it is indeed megatron maybe there going for a quasi-nemesis prime angle or optimal megatron.

9. haunted-one

haunted-one Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I understand why no one believes it, and no, it was not some security guard. I still don't believe what I was told. But the fact reamins when someone says, "You want to see something cool" and shows you the paperwork for it and is very close to the production, it's hard to not believe......

If they are b.s. me then they are screwing with a lot of people.

As for the info, I just wanted to share it with all Transformer fans....... I still am in shock. That's why only time will tell......

10. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

Those spikes on the front look a bit like Optimus's 'toes', maybe the front of the truck transforms in a similar way to Primes, into his legs and feet. Also, anyone got any photos so we can see how big this truck is compared to the other vehicles?

11. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Sheesh, I can warm up to ideas pretty quick - to an extent, I'm kinda liking the concept of him being a semi-truck (read my previous post - what has he NOT been?). Hell, just last week, I thought about drawing Megatron as a semi truck [and Optimus as a tank].

I guess why I'm iffy about this is because it seems lacking compared to the previous alt. modes. Then someone mentioned that the weapons could pop out in vehicle form and a throwback to his G1 arm cannon might form outta that thing. That actually piques my interest to be honest. Not because of the G1 fan wank, just the idea of it sounds interesting.

Like I said, I'm passing final judgment after I see the movie. I just don't wanna see them do this just for the sake of making a Megatron toy - no "Megatron casually strolls up to it and scans it" scenario. Like some have said, maybe Shockwave and/or Starscream whups his ass, and he's rebuilt [again] into this. At least it has a reason, that's all I can say.

12. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

I seriously hope not, I liked the tank mode he had from ROTF.

13. Griffin73

Griffin73 Commander

If that's true, then Bay really has jumped the shark.

14. Razorrider

Razorrider Well-Known Member

Well, think about this. Megatron has been defeated twice, so he would have reason to gain an earth mode, to go into hiding while he bides his time. Another reason would be to possibly frame the Autobots and turn people against them, which makes sense because I remember there was something about anti-Autobot graffiti being used in TF3 or something like that, and as someone had said; that there's also the chance the black Skids and Mudflap are actually impostors.

15. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    What slagging truck are we talking about?

16. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm perfectly fine with Megatron taking on an earth form at this point in the story, but I really can't see him as a tanker truck.

17. gabumon

gabumon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Decepticons, Deception, deceiving. Hasn't really happened yet in the movieverse, maybe with him in this mode they'll live up to their name in TF3?

18. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

personally all I care about is getting a super poseable TF3 megatron new mold toy. I could care less what alt mode movie 3 megatron receives.

if the tanker truck megatron gets a super poseable toy than i'll be happy.

19. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

... Of all the characters they could put in for such an Alt mode... and they go with it being just another guise Megatron?

Seriously?

[​IMG]

... if logic has bitten in the ass for real and this is true, I'll wait until a repaint if I get this figure at all. So it'd be another character.

20. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

While I'm not ruling out the possibility, I do remain skeptical. If only because I don't get a Megatron vibe from this truck in particular.