Tanaka tony?? MP-KO related (MP27

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Rquiem, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    I know Takasa Tony from the high quality mp-ko's but never heard of Tanaka tony.

I just got a mail from tf-direct that i can choose between takasa toney mp27 and tanaka tony cp27 (yes c).

Anyone know the quality of tanaka tony?

2. Swindlle

Swindlle Well-Known Member

I got the same email. I have had takasa items before and some are not so good, but this looks different even the box art. I only have Ratchet so I was thinking about this cp27. It is a good price. Maybe someone might review it on you tube.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle blorp.

Aren't Tanaka the people who did the oversized Sideswipe?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Swindlle

Swindlle Well-Known Member

Yeah it was, but no tony after it. Maybe same people. I have heard the OS sideswipe is pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like a standard 1 to 1 KO of the original. Box has Robot Formers instead of Transformers and TFDirect description says the name and stuff is changed due to copyright concerns.
    If I had to guess, I would say it's probably the exact same as the Takasa Tony, probably even the same factory. In that scenario it's either the same company doing a run in different packaging for an overseas market (like BB7 Skywarp KO came in standard BB7 & Yes Model versions) or possibly the factory that's doing the run for Takasa is doing a bunch for themselves in their down time to make some extra cash.
    eBay is known to clamp down on obvious KO listings on occasion and AliExpress may do the same, so this might be a way to get around that kind of thing?
    Otherwise we're talking two identical KOs produced separately by unrelated companies.
    But that's all speculation. No actual info.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RoDu

RoDu Well-Known Member

I've been happy with all my Takasa figures. The odd paint blemish from time to time, but you get that with some official ones too. I elected to get the MP27 KP, I guess I will get back to you guys in a couple weeks.

Looks like the Tanaka has no autobot markings too

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I am very pleased with my tanaka cherry vanette bot, but he does have a bent hip door, (front right door panel that goes on hip), but it is not so unsightly as to make me have issues enjoying him, being ironhide, a little fender bender damage suits him fine.

Wish he had the nissan logos though, seems a bit too generic "van" without something on him.

8. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Does he have rubber tyres?