Talk about what if 3rd party animated stuff

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by AJthecybermon64, Aug 8, 2020.

1. AJthecybermon64

AJthecybermon64 Well-Known Member

Do you wish that some third party company would make some animated figures? I really wish that could happen, its on thee list of the most popular transformers shows, they might do that because they will run out of G1 characters some day

• Like Like x 2
  2. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MMC did one. Another company tried to do Menasor.

3. AJthecybermon64

Well do you know anyone else that's making anything, for its time bluster and trench were the only third party animated stuff, as for the menasor I dont think its linked to TFA because there were no (well before animated got taken down) no combiners in animated and the stunticons never combined in TFA, sorry if this makes me sound rude I'm a real nice and funky person or bot in this case

4. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I’m still mad those constructions never got made

• Like Like x 4
  5. AJthecybermon64

Same

6. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

The Menasor they're talking about was actually an Add on kit for the Botcon Stunticon figures back in... I don't remember the year.

In regards to 3rd Party animated stuff, I'd love some from them. Particularly the main cast (personally every deluxe Bumblebee I owned broke at either the foot or the shoulder so I'd love another of him) but in scale of each other, not to mention things Has/Tak never gave us (I'm looking at you Omega, I mean there are about a dozen repaints to use there) furthermore of course the stuff we saw in the Allspark Almanac (triple changing Megatron, Powermaster Prime, S4 Ironhide etc) that I'd love 3rd party to breath life into.

I think that perhaps something holding them back is that it was too soon and main intended fans of the show were too young for the more collector focused world of the 3rd party market, I mean it took about a decade and a half before they started doing UT figures, so perhaps in a couple of years we'll start seeing more animated figures popping up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Animated is kind of niche stuff, so I doubt many people are waiting for it.
    The canceled Constructicons are proof of that.
    Maybe in a few years there will be more demand for it.

8. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    At this point TFA stuff would kinda NEED to be 3P; the toy budgets allowing for comparable figures to exist simply are no more.

9. Rewind

Rewind Data Slug

News Credits:
    I think the downfall of all the third party Animated toy line attempts so far was that they all tried to get off the ground with small, lesser known characters. Yes, I want those characters as do most of us who are really into TFA. But to be successful a company needs to draw in a larger customer base and that requires Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Bumblebee, Soundwave, etc. The originals of all those characters were good, but there’s definitely room for improvement especially in Bumblebee, Starscream and Soundwave. More casual fans would likely check out those characters too. More so than, say, Cosmos (which hurts to say because I REALLY want a TFA Cosmos.)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. AJthecybermon64

Well cosmos was in TFA as a background character and was even in the allspark almanac, but the real fall was Hasbro had created a new TV channel I think it was called hub and it was the cost of animated being taken down

11. Agent 53

While that is definitely a part of it, I know that at least the MMC Huffer and Pipes thread on this site devolved into less of a discussion of the figure and more one or two members of that part of the fandom that only accepts G1 as Transfomers (and woe betide anyone who acknowledges or enjoys any other part of the franchise) harassing the people who actually enjoyed the figure, which I suspect contributed to things in part.
    EDIT: It occurs to me that if some people from that part of the fandom show up here, to do exactly what they did in that thread, I'm not bashing G1, I love G1, I expect most of us do, but I can, and will enjoy most of the other entries to the franchise as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Norita man

Norita man Well-Known Member

Agreed.i love g1(expect maybe some of its fans) but all of animated characters in animated are super cool and I would like to see them in a g1 inspired design (lugnut, lockdown, bulckhead).

I think animated is the same as tf prime as in it is too much of a niche for 3rd party toys.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DrTeng

DrTeng Member

I would absolutely buy some, but I'm also not sure if there's enough of a market. Constructicons, Omega Supreme, Cosmos, easy buys. Some of the Season 4 designs would've been great too.

14. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

If a new company was going to try, they'd absolutely need to start with S4 Prime and Megatron, in that order. They're designs that we Animated fans want and can't get, which will rope them in, and they're Optimus and Megatron, who are the safest bets for getting cash flow for a new company.

Unfortunately, I think a new company would fail. There sadly isn't enough of a fanbase for a company to live on Animated alone. It'd work better as a subsidiary of an established, successful company as a passion project.

15. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

All I know is we desperately need a transforming season 3 Sari (I don't care if it requires giving her, like, a removable backpack in human mode, or whatever, just make it) and a titan sized Animated Omega Supreme.

After that, we need Wasp and Elita One.

16. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

I REALLY want an animated Hot Shot. I would also buy a wasp figure, and the prototype designs of Jetfire and Jetstorm:
    upload_2020-8-10_20-31-23.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  17. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    I miss read the thread title...
    I was thinking a G1 style Animated movie based on G1 beast hunters would be cool..
    Like what if G1 turned beasts? Get some good Voice actors and make it like an alternative G1 universe. That would be awesome.
    sorry.. I know not the same thing everyone else is talking about.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Agent 53

For a third party Optimus what I'd go with is both the firetruck trailer Powermaster we saw for season 4, and the Jetwing backpack and gauntlets from the finale as separate pieces to attach to Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tanafor

Tanafor Autobots at work

News Credits:
    I would absolutely support 3P Animated stuff. There were many interesting characters that didn't get a toy, like Hot Shot or Cyclonus, and others that didn't get good ones, like Bumblebee.

And I NEED Omega Supreme.

• Like Like x 3
  20. MMarker

MMarker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I doubt KO companies have molds readily available anymore but if we got a small batch of voyager Thundercrackers and scaled up voyager Bulkhead/Blackout I think they'd make their investment back pretty quickly. Then could move on to actual 3rd party stuff.