Tales of The Last Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Black Oracle, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

Amazing chapter as always! :thumb  Don't worry, the names of the descendant Primes don't sound silly at all.

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

:jawdropper: 

3. Stiles

Stiles The Lovely Little Demon

:bowdown:  :thumbs2:  :cry  :jawdropper: 

4. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

What can we do than saying it's amazing, as always. Great job!

5. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :cry  *sniff*

6. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

Another powerful Chapter Black Oracle and when the decendents were slaughted by the fallen I had to reach for the tissues and it also tugged at my Spark:thumb 

7. Anodythe

News Credits:
    I need to get me some stock in the tissue industry...

8. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    *Starts scooping up fallen jaws and chucking out tissues to everyone.* I really gotta stop causing you all to make a mess!

9. Stiles

Stiles The Lovely Little Demon

But it's fun!!!!!!!!!

10. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

hey, I'm a boy, I like mess, sort of:D 

11. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Another fantastic chapter!!! I loved the full spectrum of colors for each of the Primes, excellent visual :eek:  and your very impressive descriptions of the brutality of the fight between the family of Primes, excellent, keep'em coming!
    This was my kind of chapter..no tears..need to know what Nova does next??

12. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    mpl, yes, i wanted to make each of the Primes unique, so i gave them different coloured energies. I actually came up with different powers for each of them as well, but then i decided to leave them ambiguous in the write-up. Glad you liked this chapter! The next will bring it full circle and link this event back to one of the chapters of "Rising Sun".

13. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    Concluding the massacre of the Prime descendents and bringing us back to a relevant chapter of "Rising Sun", here's:

Chapter 15: Falling – Part 2​

Omega Prime cries his brother's name.

"Convoooy!"

All that remains of Convoy Prime's face is a wrecked mass of twisted metal and flooding energon. He lies deactivated along with Primal and Saber Prime. The Fallen stands like a terrifying fiery god of death over their bodies. The last three remaining descendent Primes, Sentinel, Beta and Omega, look on in horror.

The Fallen turns toward a frozen Omega and prepares to fire a blast of burning energy at him. Beta Prime sees it. She is on her feet in an instant. The Fallen fires. Beta launches herself between the blast and her targeted brother…

"NOOOO!" she screams as she throws herself in front of Omega, directly into the path of the Fallen's fiery energy blast…

She is struck. The blast explodes upon her chest. She falls…

"Beta! By Primus, nooo!" Omega cries as she falls, fatally wounded, into his arms. His knees fall with her to the ground. He watches in distress as energon flows copiously from a hole blown in her chest.

Sentinel dashes to Omega as he clutches their sister Prime's dying body. He raises his hands and instantly summons a shimmering energy shield over himself and Omega and Beta. The Fallen begins firing a torrent of flames at the shielding in an attempt to break through it.

Beta's flickering violet optics look up pleadingly at her last two remaining brothers.

"Brothers…run…," she whispers weakly as her optics darken. Her body falls limp in Omega's arms.

Though concentrating on maintaining his shielding against the Fallen's attacks, Sentinel manages to glance down in anguish as his sister goes offline.

Still holding onto Beta, Omega's head shakes from side to side in denial. Sentinel struggles to maintain his energy shielding under the pressure of the Fallen's flames. A silence hangs between the two Prime brothers for a long moment as one is lost in grief and the other is momentarily occupied with survival.

Outside Sentinel's energy barrier, the Fallen shouts remorselessly.

"Are you going to hide behind a shield forever?!"

Finally, Omega turns his head to Sentinel and speaks urgently.

"Sentinel, you have to go! Find Alpha Trion and make sure our hatchling brother is safe! I will distract Nova!"

Without lowering his arms or his concentration on shielding, Sentinel stares down at his brother as if he has fallen into madness.

"I will not abandon you!" he declares firmly.

"Please, Sentinel!" Omega pleads, "Think of Optimus…"

Sentinel is silent for a moment. Then his deep blue optics dim.

"I will return for you, Omega…," he promises, "Please wait for me…"

Omega nods and Sentinel disappears in a flash of light. Sentinel's energy shielding is replaced by Omega's as he teleports away.

With a brief final agonised look down at Beta's lifeless frame beneath him, Omega eases her down onto the ground. A rumbling growl rises from his vocaliser and his optics burn with white light. He raises his head to face the Fallen and stands tall.

"Angered, Omega?" the Fallen taunts, now having halted his flame attacks, "Then come." The Fallen gestures for Omega to make a move. "Take your vengeance on me."

Omega roars in fury and drops his energy shielding. A white aura encompasses his hands and he shoots them forward at the Fallen. A storm of unseen telekinetic currents suddenly pushes against the Fallen's body and his feet slide a few inches backwards along the ground. The Fallen crosses his arms over himself in some minimal resistance against Omega's telekinetic storm and astoundingly, he manages to keep his footing against the forces. Omega is pouring all his strength into his attack, but the Fallen remains still standing.

Before long, Omega's strength begins to wane and the pressure of his telekinetic storm weakens. The Fallen raises a fiery hand toward Omega and launches a burst of burning energy at him. Omega is struck by the ball of flaming energy in the centre of his body and he collapses onto all fours. Smoke rises and sparks of electricity cascade violently out of his heavily damaged front.

The Fallen takes his time to advance on him. He stops right beside the bent over Prime and stares unsympathetically down at him.

"This has all been an avoidable tragedy really," the Fallen half-heartedly laments over Omega, "If only all the Primes could have accepted our true higher calling. Instead you all insisted on keeping yourselves rooted in the lowly concerns of lesser life. You all refused to understand my ultimate vision for us. None of you could see as I have our true potential and right to ascend to greater levels of existence and power."

Omega, kneeling forward on the ground helplessly, does not respond. He is obviously in too much pain from his damaged front.

"We could have been more than just leaders of Cybertron," the Fallen continues distantly, "We could have been gods on a universal level. It is only because of your collective stubbornness to embrace the greatness that I tried to lead us all to that I have been forced to oppose you all. You all forced my hand down upon you. You all chose death over the greatness and power I offered."

Beneath him, Omega shakily curls his hand into a fist and he raises his head up to the Fallen, presenting the best defiant glare he can muster through his pain.

"And we do not regret…our fatal choice…," Omega strains out.

The Fallen lets out an offended snarl and grabs Omega's head, pulling him up to face his burning red optics.

"So be it," the Fallen whispers darkly.

With his last words, Omega shuts his optics off.

"I am sorry, Sentinel… I could not wait for you…"

With one vicious twist of his clawed hand, the Fallen rips Omega Prime's head clean off his shoulders. The beheaded body of Omega collapses onto the ground at the Fallen's feet. The Fallen watches as a rain of energon pours down from the base of Omega's head in his grip. As soon as the energon leakage reduces to trickles and drops, the Fallen lets his arm fall to his side.

"And now to find the last one," he utters to himself as he looks up, still clutching his energon-bleeding head trophy.

The Fallen teleports away, leaving behind a body-littered and burning battlefield.

A cold dread runs through my circuits. I know what happens next. I have seen it before in my visions at the Tomb of the Primes. Sentinel will fall…

I cast my solemn gaze out to the bodies of my fallen brothers and sister. Helplessness and fury well in me, but I can do nothing but swallow them. Tentatively, I approach the bodies of Beta and Omega Prime which are nearest to me. I kneel in between them and drop my head for a moment to grieve for all my sibling Primes. Then I rise.

A ball of light consumes me. I am taken away…

When the light vanishes, I am standing in another rubble-filled site.

In the distance, I see Sentinel leading my old guardian and mentor, Alpha Trion, away from a building. He stops and turns around to cast a glance down at a small bundle in Alpha Trion's cradling arms. I know it is me, my hatchling self. Sentinel says something urgently to Alpha Trion then pulls himself away and runs off down a devastated street. Alpha Trion begins to run in another direction, holding his infant baggage close to his chest plate.

I follow Sentinel. He runs through rubble and fires. Around him, there are the distant sounds of battle: echoing cries and explosions. The eerie glow of fires flickers on partially standing walls. Cybertronians are still fighting around the city.

"Must return to Omega…," I hear Sentinel tell himself desperately.

Suddenly, a stream of fire hits Sentinel from the side and he falls to the ground, body damaged by heat and smouldering. Stunned and dazed, he looks up to find the source of his surprise attack. His blue optics widen as he watches the Fallen emerge from shadows before him, carrying his spear weapon in one fire encompassed hand and something in the other.

The dark Prime silently regards Sentinel as he lays helplessly on the ground, damaged from his fiery energy, patches of his armour burnt and melted. His face is coldly expressionless.

From his burning talons, the Fallen lets the energon-leaking head of Omega Prime clatter to the ground. Sentinel gasps sharply as it rolls into his clear view.

"No…," he utters barely above a ghostly whisper.

He forces himself to stand up.

"Omega…brother…," Sentinel chokes out, grief-stricken. He begins to approach the Fallen.

"Your suffering will be brief, Sentinel," the Fallen says emotionlessly, "for you will soon join your brothers and forefathers in extinction."

"Nova...why…?" Sentinel croaks brokenly.

The Fallen's optics seem to darken despite their fearsome red light.

"Nova is dead. Only 'the Fallen' remains," he responds darkly, "Your father denied me. I will have my revenge."

Sentinel cries out in anguish. "You are insane!"

The terrible familiar scene replays itself before me as I saw it at the Tomb of the Primes. Sentinel attempts to grab the Fallen's face. He is stopped in midair just inches from his target by the Fallen's telekinetic powers. He is flung down onto the ground by the invisible force. The Fallen presses down one searing hand over Sentinel's face and raises his spear over his chest.

"And so the last of the kings of Cybertron fall," The Fallen utters coldly.

He drives his spear through Sentinel's spark. Sentinel's optics flicker before finally going out.

"The Dynasty of Primes is no more," The Fallen murmurs to himself, "Now I am the only one remaining."

He pulls his spear out of Sentinel's offline body and pauses briefly over his corpse before walking away.

My vision shifts to a pile of collapsed metalwork on the ground not far from Sentinel's deactivated body. A great heaviness descends upon my spark once again as I watch my old guardian and mentor, Alpha Trion, crawling out of the collapsed metalwork where I know he had been hiding and watching the horrifying slaughter of Sentinel Prime. As he stands and looks sadly over Sentinel's still body, he is shielding the face of my small hatchling self in his arms with one hand.

Alpha Trion looks down sombrely at my infant self cradled in his arms. His hand touches the side of my infant face gently. His lips move in a whisper. I know what he is saying.

"You shall not share the same tragic fate as your brothers, Optimus. I will see to that. The last Prime will survive."

Sentinel is dead. An infant Prime, me, is left as the last surviving Prime. I am alone…

It is painful to watch. I turn my head away.

Then something begins to pull at my awareness…something all too familiar and unsettling…I cannot ignore it. I am drawn away from the painful scene of death and survival before me and I start walking… I am being led elsewhere… To where?... By what?...

A line of light draws itself in the air before me and tears itself apart, opening up what appears to be a dark portal of some kind. A fear begins to rise within me, but I am drawn inexplicably toward the portal opening. It 'commands' me to go through it. I obey and step into the black maw of the unknown, leaving behind the past and passing on into another place…

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Wow... just wow... I'm still in awe with this story with each new update...

15. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Great chapter, you write anguishing battle and dying scenes all too well.. I felt so sorry for Optimus reliving this all again, would be so hard for any human or robot to "see" all his siblings wiped out :cry ..but this black, dark portal..omg..where will Optimus go now?? Keep'em coming :popcorn 

16. Anodythe

News Credits:
    Glad I made myself some popcorn before I read this, or else I'd have very few fingernails left. Truely a sad day indeed for Optimus, losing his family one by one.

17. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

What MPL said and I agree with her, all his siblings wiped out by the Fallen :cry . Where is Optimus going this time?

Please keep them comming :thumbs2: 

18. Attacker_Prime

:jawdropper:  I see Optimus' pain. Great chapter. :thumb 

19. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

How much does a leader has to suffer?

20. Attacker_Prime

And here is the artwork for Optimus. As you can see, it's a heavy mod of my best Optimus drawing. Hope you like it.