Tales of The Last Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Black Oracle, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Mini-Bot

Mini-Bot Blackout Fan Girl

:popcorn  Another fantastic chapter, B_O!

2. Latias Prime

Latias Prime I'm only slightly crazy!

(Slides in like a baseball player) Sorry I'm late, just got back from my grandma's on Cape Cod. She has dial-up ,so I couldn't read the next chapter until now.

But anyway, I'm glad that it was all just an illusion. I was starting to think that Elita was just pretending to love Optimus so she could get the Matrix, so you can't imagine how relieved I was after reading this. Optimus Prime and Elita-One are my favorite canon couple, and I am really loving how you portray their romance, B.O.

Of course, now Optimus has to fight off the Fallen...for the third time! God, The Fallen's like an evil version of the Energizer Bunny, he just keeps on going and going and going... Come on, Ops, destroy him for good!

3. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Deceptive indeed. I don't imagine the Fallen became the inspiration for the Decepticons for nothing.

He'll have to, otherwise Earth and everyone on it is gonna be in serious trouble!

I'm training you all to have tougher grips with my cliffhangers!

Good question, Ano. What happens to the Primes after death? I imagined their sparks all ascended and joined within some higher plane, maybe the Well of Allsparks, but their sparks, being unique, special and powerful as they are, have the capacity to make contact with Optimus through the Matrix, which is a little container of their collected wisdom and power.

The Fallen didn't go where his former brothers did. He could not find 'peace' as they did due to his corruption, hatred and centuries-long drive to acquire the Matrix and ultimately power. So he 'lingered about' on a lower existential plane after his death.

That's my thinking anyway. Thanks for bringing it up. Perhaps that's something that needed explaining.

Now that you mention it, it does seem rather reminiscent of BM Primal's and Megatron's final fight, but in an internal world. I wasn't thinking of that particularly whilst I was writing this tho'.

Thank you!

:)  Thank you, all of you.

Technically, i believe this is only the second time Optimus has had to directly engage the Fallen. The mentions i made of the Fallen in earlier chapters were just prophetic dream appearances and the time Optimus went to visit the Fallen's physical remains.

4. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Congrats on a fantastic update B_O...as always you leave us wanting more.. ack, I've cut off all my fingernails now..so the fingertips are getting a workout now :lol 

I saw Ano's comment and your response and glad you explained what you were thinking, and I guess I'm more worried Ratchet and company--with good intentions--may actually do more harm than good. I have faith that Prime can beat the Fallen, anytime, anywhere, once, twice, thrice...:thumb  I guess we will we see how this plays out in your next chapter. :popcorn 

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  5. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for your explaination. I agree with MPL, if they do something to help it actually might be a hinderence to Optimus. :eek: 

I stopped hanging on a long time ago. Now I'm drifting along just waiting for the next hook to catch me...la-de-da... just keep floatin', just keep floatin' just keep floatin'...floatin'...floatin'...:)  hand the popcorn up somebody:popcorn 

6. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    *Catches floating Ano.* Have no fear! I've got you!

mpl, here you go *Hands you replacement nails.*

Latias, I retract what i said before about this being the 2nd time Optimus has faced off against the Fallen. I just remembered the 1st time I had him meet the Fallen in my 1st fic "I Rise, You Fall". So you were quite right, this is the 3rd time they're going at it! My apologies. I'm forgetting some of my earlier works already.

Ratchet & co. doing more damage to Prime? Hmm, they could have, if they had more time to poke about in Optimus...

Anyway, here's the second part of my 'finale' chapters! I'll be wrapping this fic up with an epilogue after this.

But before that, next week (and maybe the week after as well), i'm intending to post up another couple of short Transformers: Animated fics. Lately i've felt motivated to try writing in the TFA universe.

In this chapter, Optimus Prime's internal battle with the Fallen for control of the Matrix and his own body heats up (quite literally!). Can the last Prime defeat his ancient foe a second time?

Again, for any new readers, the first person narration is coming from Optimus Prime's POV and is set in his internal mental world. The third person narration is set in the external world where Optimus is offline in Ratchet's medical bay.

Chapter 22: Battle Within – Part 2

My energy barrier weakens and the Fallen's devastating fire tears sharply through my hands and arms. I suppress my need to cry out to grunts of endurance.

"In your body, I will ascend as an immortal god over the cosmos!" His maniacal words accompany his scalding palms as they grip the armour of my lower arms. "The last Prime will burn with the fire of suns, life-sustaining and death-bringing! I will become a force unfathomable, uncontainable, both incredible and terrifying, feeding on suns and leaving dead worlds in my wake!"

"Lust for power corrupts you!" I accuse, "You are truly insane!"

With concentrated thought, I remove myself from the Fallen's burning grip by transporting myself elsewhere. A ball of light envelopes me and I relocate myself higher up. As I re-materialise, I spread my wing blades from my back; blue energy illuminates them. Suspended in the blackness, I look down only to find that the Fallen has also disappeared. I scan for him. Then his dark voice echoes around me.

"Is it insanity that I sought to fulfil our potential for ultimate power? We were destined for more than limited stewardship of Cybertron! We held the power of suns in our systems! We were made to stand above all other inferior life! Power was our divine right!"

I whirl round at the sound of a thundering boom from behind. In a blinding blaze, the Fallen appears above me and crashes into me. His hot talons dig painfully into my shoulder joints. Automatically, my wing blades attempt to compensate for the weight of two bodies pushing down on them; they twist downwards and, with an explosive burst of shimmering blue energy, propel me and my nemesis into an upward spiral.

We soar through the darkness locked in spinning combat. The stunning clash of our red and blue energies seems to generate the amazing light and heat of a supernova. Then the Fallen's telekinetic forces begin to drag and push me downwards simultaneously. My wing blades fail under the pressure and we plummet. The Fallen holds me firmly beneath him as we fall.

I crash into hard ground, the great weight of my nemesis on top of me.

"My brothers were fools to ignore our calling for greatness!" the Fallen bellows. His searing hot talons grip my battle mask. "They stuck rigidly to their code of protecting life and insisted always on taking only what they needed from the universe! For their narrow-mindedness, they had to die! As must you!"

Grabbing a hold of his flaming wrist, I tear his hand off my guarded face and twist it to one side.

"Betrayer!" I roar, "You placed your own ambitions over your brothers and turned against them! You brought down our Dynasty!"

Snapping out a glowing energon blade out from my free arm, I thrust it up at the Fallen's head. He swiftly catches my attack with his other hand though.

"'They' betrayed 'me'! By rejecting me!" he roars back at me.

Collecting my waning strength together, I force myself up to my feet and push the Fallen backwards. I, still holding his flaming wrist and he, my glowing bladed arm, we struggle to gain leverage over one another. As we tussle, our forms flare like oppositional yet mirroring radiant stars. Our energies interact violently against one another, crackling and flashing around and between us.

"You chose the path of conflict! And your hatred has divided our once united race!" I blast furiously.

Then, unexpectedly, a blast of fiery energy surges from the Fallen's body right into my already wounded grilled abdomen.

"AGH!"

I stagger back, gasping and clutching again at my damaged front. Then I fall forward. I feel my life energon leaking from my wound. Pain and weakness takes over my systems. I drop to my knees and tuck my head in as I try to endure the pain and refocus myself. The Matrix seems to be throbbing urgently in my chest now. The Fallen's voice rings in my audios.

"A vicious cycle! The conflicts of the past will continue in future generations. As I said to you before in dream, brother fights brother. Our war is eternal."

With a brutal swing of his burning fist across the damaged plates of my mask, he knocks me over onto my side. My vision begins to blur in and out of focus.

"I will never allow you to live again...," I utter, my determination strong but my strength evaporating.

I make out the Fallen's crimson optics narrowing. His hands rise upward and my entire body is lifted up by his telekinetic powers. I am held suspended in the darkness, my arms and legs pulled out. His words sink into my consciousness.

"You will not stop me this time, Optimus Prime. Your mind is vulnerable and weary. I have broken through your mental defences. You will succumb to me."

He reaches for my chest plates and his unseen energies begin to pull at them. The Matrix seems to scream in my chest. I feel it retreating deeper into me, burying itself into my circuitry, merging tighter into my internal systems. The pain I am experiencing is as much from the Matrix's desperate attempt to remain within me as it is from the Fallen's power trying to extract the powerful artefact from me.

My head swings back and a terrible scream erupts from my vocaliser.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"YOW!"

Ratchet pulled back his hand sharply from contact with Optimus' internal systems. He watched astonished as smoke rose from his fingers.

"Primus! He's melting through the cables!" Jolt cried, staring in shock at the siphon cables as they disintegrated in the Prime's open chest.

"And he's burnt up the energy dampeners!" Elita additionally announced from her viewing position above Optimus' head.

The Autobot leader's body's was emanating tremendous heat now. Ratchet, Jolt and Elita held their arms up in an attempt to shield themselves from the uncomfortable level of heat.

"He's drawing too much power from the Matrix! It's merging deeper into him!" Ratchet observed in dismay.

"Almost like his body's trying to protect it...," Elita tensely theorised.

"Protect it from what?" Jolt asked, panicked and puzzled at the same time, "WHOAH!"

Ratchet and Jolt jumped back in fright when Optimus' multiple wing blades swung out suddenly from the sides of the repair table, fiercely radiating with blue light. Elita's small body remained on the repair table above Optimus' head, but she also gasped in surprise as the illuminated wing blades shot out beneath her.

Vibrantly glowing veins of blue energy suddenly began spreading out from the Matrix through Optimus Prime's body. The white aura around the Matrix was expanding. Elita noticed fearfully that the strange red fire at the heart of the Matrix was beginning to taint the Matrix's white light and seep through into Optimus' blue energy veins.

The heat radiating from Optimus' body was rapidly becoming unbearable. The light from him was building to an alarming intensity.

"Elita! Jolt! Get out! Now!" Ratchet suddenly ordered.

"No! We can't leave him!" Elita stubbornly responded.

Without argument, Ratchet quickly grabbed Elita's small body in his larger hand from the repair table.

"Put me down, Ratchet!" she protested, wriggling in his grip.

Paying her no heed, Ratchet spun round and began running for the hanger entrance. Jolt was dashing ahead of him already. From behind them, the brilliant blue light from Optimus' body grew to fill the entire Autobot medical hanger. Watching from just outside the hanger, Ironhide, Bumblebee, Lennox and Epps saw the expanding light.

"What the...!" Lennox began in shock.

Ratchet, Elita and Jolt were knocked clear out of the hanger by a massive wave of blinding blue energy, landing flat onto their fronts outside. Ironhide, Bumblebee, Lennox and Epps were also thrown backwards off their feet. They all felt the invisible wave of energy pass over them.

After a few hazy seconds, the stunned Autobots and human soldiers slowly sat up and stared back at the Autobot medical hanger in bewilderment. Cracks had appeared along the walls from the force of the energy wave.

"OPTIMUS!" Elita shrilled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All strength seems to have left me. Sensory input is numbing and jumbled. My mind is broken, scattered and under assault. The Matrix is pulsing painfully within me. And the Fallen's power is tearing into my chest. I am suspended helplessly in the air, unable to struggle against the Fallen's telekinetic hold upon me.

"I gave you the chance once to join me in fulfilling our destinies for godhood," he spitefully utters, "But like your predecessors, you rejected me."

My attempt to resist the pull of his telekinetic power on my chest panels is feeble. I am willing, pleading my body to remain closed, to protect the Matrix lying within me. It is futile though. The Fallen's is gradually prying me open.

"Take consolation in the fact that you will be joining your deceased brethren soon," he hisses darkly.

As my strength fails, I beg silently for help.

I cannot do this alone... Forefathers, brothers... please...help me...give me strength...

The frantic pulses of the Matrix pass through my spark. Then the Fallen finally tears apart my chest panels. The surge of pain causes me to throw my head back and scream again. The white light of the Matrix pours out of me and bathes the Fallen's fiery body. He admires it in triumphant awe. His talons approach to wrench it out of me.

"At last! The Matrix is mi..."

Aqua light suddenly washes over me. The Fallen backs away in surprise. A burst of energy explodes through my body. Familiar voices from the Matrix rise in my vocaliser, combining with mine, the voices of my Prime ancestors. We speak as one.

"You are not worthy of our wisdom and power. We reject you, Nova Prime."

Their energies as well as their voices fill me. The combined powers of the Primes are released from the Matrix, flooding through and radiating from my body. My chest panels slam shut.

The Fallen's face contorts into rage. Wisps of smoke rise from his molten red optics.

"I will not be denied!"

His telekinetic hold over me breaks as a wave of great white energy bursts forth from my body. It throws the Fallen back onto the dark ground. Spreading my illuminated wing blades, I hover above him. The Fallen attempts to stand again. Holding my hand out, I fire a blast of white energy. It explodes against him and knocks him down again. Sparks and molten energon pour from his damaged front.

As I float toward him, the collective consciousness of the Primes seems to merge with my mind. I see fleeting flashes of their memories and hear their converging voices. My thoughts become synchronous with their wisdom and beliefs. Their message to the Fallen takes form in the words that emerge from my vocaliser.

"You forgot long ago what it means to be a Prime. It was never about greatness, destiny or power. It is about protecting and nurturing the things most precious in the universe: freedom, peace, wisdom, life. We serve a higher obligation than our own. We guide others so that they may learn, grow and transform themselves. The Primes were meant to support Cybertron in its development, not claim power over it."

The Fallen, leaning forward to face me on an elbow and a bent arm, snarls with contempt. The molten red veins of his body smoulder.

"Accursed progeny of Prima!" he spits, "You even sound like him!"

He raises a flaming hand and fires off a blast at me. His fiery attack disperses harmlessly against an invisible force-field surrounding me. I look down unflinchingly into his burning crimson optics.

"Your corrupting ambition, hatred and vengeance must be stopped," I declare firmly, my words my own, "This ends now, Fallen."

Yellow liquid fire streams from his molten red optics down his heated obsidian face. For the briefest of moments, there is a strange look of deep sadness in his ancient red optics. But then it is gone faster than the blink of a human eye and replaced by a consuming and flaring fury.

"This will NEVER end!" he roars, "My war rages across your dying generation! As the Prime Dynasty fell so will the rest of the Cybertronian race! You will perish with the last of your warring people! There is no future left save one of death!"

The powers of the Matrix, of the Primes, flood me. Spreading my arms out, I begin to expand the energies out of my body. Pure white energy pours out of every part of me.

"The future is not yet written," I state calmly, "As long as there is life, there is hope."

The white energy spreads around us, pushing back the surrounding darkness.

"What...what are you doing?" the Fallen questions in alarm.

He looks down with a mixture of fear and anger at his feet as the white energy encompasses them and begins to travel up his body. The white energy is consuming him.

"This is my mind, my domain," I declare, "You are not welcome here."

The Fallen raises his hand to his face and watches in disbelief as it is swallowed by the white energy.

"Your part in the war is over, Fallen," I state, "My race is finally free from your undying rage and vengeance. It is time for you to be gone...permanently."

The radiance of the white energy washing over his entire body intensifies. He lets out a roar of fury as his head is cocooned in the white light. Then in a bright flash, the Fallen finally vanishes from existence.

"Your shadow will haunt me no longer," I whisper tonelessly, "Farewell, fallen Prime."

The white light begins to enclose around me, blinding, warming... It feels almost like I am floating in the heart of a sun once again. My hand falls over my chest. A deep, familiar and comforting voice rises from the Matrix within.

"Rise, my Sun..."

My vision hazes. The enshrouding whiteness collapses in on me...

"Father...," I utter.

An explosion of white light... I fall into stasis...

...and awaken again...

His fingers twitched.

His royal blue optics came back online, slowly.

A bland ceiling with cracks running across it came into his clearing vision. He shuttered his optics.

Groggily, his head rolled to the side. He observed equipment and tools that had been knocked over and strewn across the floor. There were more cracks along the walls.

Optimus Prime finally registered that he was in Ratchet's medical hanger at N.E.S.T. base on Diego Garcia. He recognised his medical officer's scattered equipment and tools on the floor. But the area looked like it had been hit by a bomb. What had happened? Had he caused all this damage whilst in stasis? Where was everyone?

Optimus lifted his hand over his chest. Touching internal circuitry, he realised his chest plates were open. His fingers searched instinctively for the Matrix. He found it, steadily radiating gentle warmth. Satisfied that it was safe and undamaged, he mentally commanded his chest panels to shut over it.

Then he pushed himself to sit up. Looking down at the repair table he had been lying on, he wondered just how long had he been offline? Approaching feet from the entrance of the hanger made Optimus look up. He saw Ironhide, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Jolt, Elita, Major Lennox and Sergeant Epps rushing into the hanger. They froze as soon as they saw him.

"Great spark!" Jolt exclaimed, his optics wide with shock.

"Optimus! You're online!" cried Ironhide, surprise and relief evident on his face.

Optimus slid himself off the repair table to face his friends. His pointed antennae nearly punctured the ceiling of the hanger as he stood to full height.

Elita raced forward toward him and pressed herself against his long leg in obvious relief. She looked up uncomprehendingly at him.

"We thought you...," she began.

Optimus bent down and calmly scooped her up in his hands to reassure her.

"I am functional and well, Elita," he rumbled.

Ratchet cast his optics over his damaged work area. His shoulders slumped.

"My medical hanger...," he mumbled flatly.

Jolt gave him a consoling pat on the arm. Lennox also took in the sight of the damaged hanger.

"There goes N.E.S.T.'s funding for the next month," he sighed, "Into building repairs and equipment replacement. Galloway's gonna love this."

Optimus tilted his head toward Ratchet and Lennox and offered them an apologetic look.

"My apologies, Ratchet, Major Lennox. It appears I have caused some damage in my time offline." Optimus' optics swept over all his present comrades. His tone became serious and grateful at the same time. "I am just glad I did not harm anyone..."

Epps rubbed at his sore back that he had landed heavily on. He was sure it was bruised.

"Yeah, no harm done," he grumbled.

Bumblebee glanced up quizzically at Optimus.

"So what *crzt* happened to you?"

Optimus looked down wearily at his yellow scout.

"I had a nightmare, Bumblebee. But fortunately, I woke up."

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

*Lets out a huge sigh of relief*

Thank Primus... Optimus defeated The Fallen and is back online.

Another excellently written chapter, Black Oracle. Looking forward to the epilogue. :D 

8. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :bowdown: 

9. Stiles

Stiles The Lovely Little Demon

Yeah! Optimus is okay!

10. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

LOve the ending line:p  it is so fitting:D 

11. Latias Prime

Latias Prime I'm only slightly crazy!

And there goes the medical bay. Well, at least Optimus is okay. That's all that matters.

Black Oracle, you are the greatest Transformers fan-fic writer currently posting their work here. You have the gift of being able to transport your readers to where the action is, and your ideas about The Dynasty of Primes and the Matrix are intriguing. I bow down before you :bowdown: , and sincerely wish my 2007 movie/Pokemon crossover was anywhere near your work in quality.

12. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    O.M.G!

That was super-duper-awsome! That battle, the Primes saving Optimus, the awakening! That was amazing! I'm flailing all over the place and I don't think I'm gonna sit still after all that excitement! Squeee! Fangirl moment!

13. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

Thankyou Black Oracle for getting Optimus out of that jam and now he's back and back on line we can all breathe a sigh of relief. Now I can stop biting my nails down to the quick.:thumbs2: 

Another great chapter Black Oracle :bowdown: 

14. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

i knew optimus would be ok another excellent chapter BO i'm sorry to see it end:cry  thank god for the primes i'll also have to agree with one of the other members i think it was ano you're the greastest ff writer on here. you transport us into the story like we are there and feel everything it's awesome. i also bow down to you:bowdown:  looking forward to the epolouge(did i spell that right?) anyway awesome awesome story i hope you come up with another one all of your ff keep us hooked. well just let me know when you come up with the rest of the story :thumbs2: :thumbs2: 

15. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

Awesome, as always, Black Oracle. Great attention to detail, and very well written scenes, especially the scenes of the Fallen. You figured out that he can't be only rage and fury, he is probably sad inside because his brothers rejected him, and that is what most likely drives his fury. Great chapter :thumb 

16. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    Apologies for the wait, readers. I finally got round to writing the epilogues for this fic. I'm afraid I was postponed by a new motivation to write TFA fics during the last few weeks and hence my new fics of late: "TFA: Glimpses" and "In Another Time".

With this first epilogue, I begin to bring this story to a close. There's going to be 2 epilogues now since I couldn't fit it all into one (which was my original intention).

Again, thank you so much to all of you have been following and leaving feedback on this fic. Reading all your comments has always been so rewarding for me!

This fic has been an exploration of the ROTF movie idea of Optimus Prime being the last descendent of the Prime Dynasty, and it has taken him on a transformational journey that has delved into moments from his past, led him into the heart of a sun and seen him confront The Fallen once more within his own mind. After all that, the only question that remains is: what lies ahead in the last Prime's future? In this first epilogue, Optimus Prime looks into his distant destiny. What is to be the final fate of the last Prime?

This chapter's written again from Optimus Prime's first-person perspective. The italics indicate dialogue from the past.

And a reminder of time units: a meta-cycle equates to a year and a deca-cycle equates to a month.

Epilogue 1: Destiny

Four million meta-cycles ago...

"As Lord High Protector, I, Megatron, swear by the power of the Allspark to protect Cybertron strongly and fearlessly, and, alongside my ruling brother, to serve her people all my days."

"As Lord High Governor, I, Optimus, swear by the power of the Allspark to govern Cybertron wisely and justly, and, alongside my ruling brother, to serve her people all my days."

The oaths I and my former brother-in-arms took when we rose as joint leaders of our world. We pledged to lead Cybertron fairly and firmly together.

Thousands of meta-cycles later, we led her into a war that would span millennia...

"I implore you, brother. Don't force us down this path of conflict. Don't tear our brotherhood apart. Don't tear our world apart."

"Look at you, Optimus, pitifully pleading for peace. You are so weak."

"Don't force me…to oppose you."

Now, Cybertron is desolate and dying, and it is our combined fault. Our war has drained her life-energon over the centuries, and we have abandoned her.

I have failed. I have failed to save my homeworld from the destructive ravages of war.

I would do anything to bring life back to Cybertron, to see our lands and our homes being rebuilt, to have the hope of creating new generations for our now dying race once again, for without life, there can be no hope for us.

Without the Allspark or the sun-harvesting technology of the Primes, there is no known way to restore life to our dying homeworld and race. All hope seems lost...

Then a distant future presents itself to me. In vision, I see myself, as I am now, looking up at new rising Cybertronian structures, at a Cybertron in the process of being rebuilt, recovering after millennia of devastating war.

I see my gaze fall down to a large group of Autobots gathered before me, faces old and new watching me with a mute sadness: Ironhide, Ratchet, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, a matured Skids and Mudflap, and Arcee, Chromia and Elita in different bodies amongst others. And around the gathered Autobots, a line of five large, winged Cybertronians stand. They seem very aged, very much like Jetfire. I realise they are ancient Seekers. They too are watching me with heavy faces.

"My brothers and sisters," I hear myself address all, "we have entered a time of uncertainty and apprehensiveness. With the end of war, we are left in a new and difficult situation. We are faced with the prospect of rebuilding our lives and our world once again. But we have limited energy and resources with which to accomplish that."

The solemn silence and mood hanging over my audience of Autobots and Seekers are unlike any I have witnessed before. It is as if they are all grieving. They look at me with lost and pained optics as I continue speaking to them.

"After today, it is my fervent hope that Cybertron will once again be able to sustain the survivors of this and future generations to come. With what I am about to do, I believe life can be properly restored to our world, and thus Cybertron will be born anew. For that reason, today is a day to rejoice, not mourn."

There are modest smiles contrasting with dull optics and brave fronts concealing melancholy moods amongst my listening comrades. I watch myself slowly passing my vibrant blue gaze over all of them.

"Every one of you here are my closest and most trusted friends. I have relied on each of you at some point during my long life for something of importance to me, and none of you have ever let me down. From today onwards, I rely on you all more than ever. I know I lay a great responsibility on your already weary shoulders, but I am confident that you will all find a way to continue on without me."

My voice is confident, certain.

"You will learn to move on from war, though you will never forget its harsh lessons. You will adapt to peaceful living, but no doubt always be prepared to fight again if necessary. Together, you will lead Cybertron and our people into a new golden age of peace, growth and wisdom, a golden age that will be stronger and less ignorant of the past than previous ages. With the power to live again, our world and race will thrive and continue to transform, to evolve. On this note, I leave you all to oversee the growth and restoration of our world in my stead."

My voice falls to a sincere depth.

"Do not grieve for me, my brothers and sisters. I go to perform my final duty gladly and proudly, knowing that I am bringing life back to our world and people. Soon, I shall be a part of Cybertron. And I will live on in her very core."

I pause, seemingly unsure how to say my next utterance, but I find my words.

"And so...this is goodbye...for now, but never forever, in body, but never in spark..."

"All hail Optimus Prime!" Ironhide suddenly shouts out, "Cybertron's greatest leader, saviour and hero!"

Ironhide's call is followed promptly by hands rising to head plates as my Autobot comrades salute to me. The Seekers drop onto their knees with surprising grace for their size in respectful bows before me.

I bring my hand to my own forehead in a returning salute. Then two of the Seekers stand and begin to move forward toward me. One of them, of a light grey colour, bows his head to me and speaks.

"We are ready to leave whenever you are, Lord Prime."

I nod at him then turn back for a final time to my Autobots. Elita approaches me tentatively. She has a taller bipedal form of purple, red and white colours that appears to come up to my waist in height. I drop down to one knee to come face to face with her. She reaches for my cheek with an anxious hand. She is attempting to hold a brave face for me, but I can see the fragility of it. I take her hand in both of mine.

"Optimus..." It escapes her vocaliser as a quivering whisper.

I hold her gaze evenly in my own, trying to provide her with some measure of strength and courage.

"Elita, I have known for a long time that this day would come, my final act to revive Cybertron... And I knew it would not be easy to accept for most of us..."

I bring a finger under her small chin.

"But this is not the end, beloved. It is to be a new beginning for us all."

Her fingers tighten around mine in my grasp.

"Optimus, I want to go with you...," she utters weakly.

I pause. Our forever binding feelings pass through my spark.

"Where I am going, you cannot follow, Elita," I finally tell her gently.

She watches me with helpless yet beautiful azure optics.

"Don't leave me, Optimus...," she murmurs, barely audible.

I lean forward and bring my lips to the side of her head, next to her audio sensor.

"Never...my love...," I whisper.

I watch myself press my crested forehead onto hers. Both my and Elita's optics shut down momentarily at the same time, savouring the tender contact. Elita's head tilts slightly to one side and drops down toward my nasal plates. The smooth lines of our nasal plates touch. Our optics are still offline. Then as we pull apart, the light returns to our optics.

I rise to my feet and turn back to the rest of my Autobot comrades.

"The future of our world and race is in your hands, my friends," I tell them, "I know Cybertron will flourish under your careful leadership."

Ironhide speaks beside me. "Rest assured, Optimus, your wisdom and compassion will still guide Cybertron and her people through us."

I lay a heavy hand on his thickly-armoured shoulder.

"Thank you, old friend."

Ironhide bows his head. I nod at him then turn to the Seekers again.

"Silverbolt, Air Raid, I am ready. Take me to Solaris."

The light grey Seeker that had spoken to me before and another darker grey one simultaneously bow to me.

"Primus be with you, Optimus Prime," I hear Ratchet pray aloud.

I cast a luminous gaze at my Autobots.

"Until the day when all are one," I utter.

"'Till all are one," they chorus back.

Then the two Seekers' bodies and mine are engulfed in white spheres of light. In blinding flashes, we disappear.

We re-materialise in the darkness of deep space. In the distance, I see a small but strong source of light: a distant sun.

"Solaris lies far ahead," the light grey Seeker, Silverbolt, informs, "This is the closest we have been able to come to it. Any nearer and its energy would disrupt our systems and shut us down quickly."

The dark grey Seeker, Air Raid, continues on from Silverbolt.

"No life can possibly survive within orbit of this sun. Its power and heat is such that it burns anything surrounding it. I am afraid this is the furthest we can take you to Solaris, Lord Prime."

"You have done more than enough, Silverbolt and Air Raid," I assure them, "The rest of the journey is mine to make alone."

"Lord Prime, once more, are you sure you want to go through with this?" Silverbolt asks quietly.

"I have already made my decision," I reply firmly.

The two Seekers bow their heads solemnly. I regard them seriously.

"Aid my Autobot brothers and sisters in the restoration of our world," I instruct them, "See that our people grow and thrive from the ashes of war. Bring about our vision of peace. Farewell, my brothers."

Spreading my wing blades and activating their energies, I then take off in the direction of 'Solaris'.

"Farewell, Optimus Prime, son of Prima, last of the Primes...," I hear Silverbolt sadly utter behind me, his voice rapidly diminishing with distance.

As I fly toward the distant sun, I open a space bridge around myself, directing my teleportation energies toward my solar target.

I emerge into the flaring heat and light of Solaris' fiery surface. Immediately, I can feel her raw power, her incredible energy, unlike any other sun I, or any of my ancestral Primes, have ever encountered. This is surely one of the universe's most powerful suns.

I begin to fly straight down through the solar heat currents and swirling fire. I am the only life-form in this universe that can withstand such lethal conditions. My body seems to taste the solar fire around it as I travel deeper into the sun.

Destiny is leading me to my final purpose, a purpose that all my ancestral Primes were created for: to consume the energy of suns. The unique solar energy-consuming capability of the Primes will be Cybertron's salvation. I possess the ability to revive our world. I will consume Solaris' immeasurable energy and with it, restore power to the core of Cybertron. I will sacrifice myself to give new life to my world again.

I have glimpsed this destiny many times through the gift of foresight. As my father, Prima, foresaw his destiny to create one final son that would be the last of the Prime Dynasty, I too have foreseen my destiny to restore life to Cybertron after millennia of war.

I am so near to the sea of liquid fire. The light...the heat...if only they could see it...if only they could feel it... It's unimaginably beautiful...and the feeling of solar heat is like no other...

I plunge into the sea of lava. Her fire engulfs me. Currents of blazing heat wash around me. I lose myself in her molten depths. My whole body seems to come alive in the impossible temperatures of the primal solar fire. Then gradually, I begin to consume the fire. It fills me, burning and incredible, powerful and nourishing, destructive and life-giving. The Matrix within me draws the immense raw heat and energy into my body. I allow myself to feed on the immense solar energies like never before, unrestrained, monstrous in my appetite. My body is absorbing and containing the immeasurable power of one of the universe's most powerful suns. I am eating Solaris, and my body is becoming a vessel for her blazing energy.

Time passes. How long I am not sure. But eventually, I feel Solaris diminishing around me. I have consumed much of her energy, taking it into my body. The light and fire of Solaris radiates from my being. I have drained Solaris significantly. She is weakened and will be shorter-lived. I regret that I have had to take so much from her, but I rejoice that with her energies, Cybertron will live again. It is my hope that this is the last time I will ever need to take from a sun. After this, Cybertron will be able to sustain herself.

I leave Solaris behind and teleport to the very core of Cybertron. There I will enact my final sacrifice for my world and people. The mysterious technological heart of Cybertron, Vector Sigma, appears in my view: a giant, pure gold spherical computer matrix. It is linked to the planet through a complex network of veins spreading out from its spherical surface to the walls of its enormous chamber.

The solar radiation of my body pours over Vector Sigma and I feel it pulling me in. I do not resist. My burning hands make contact with the golden sphere and begin to merge with it. I am drawn in. Vector Sigma embraces me into its body.

Suddenly, but calmly, everything changes.

I feel every part of me linking with the ancient veins of my homeworld. I feel myself being tied into the core of Cybertron. Then I grow aware of Cybertron herself: her pain, her needs, her dependent life. From my body, the energy of Solaris flows out, becoming the new life-energon of Cybertron. The planet begins to feed from me. Starved for so long, she drinks deeply from the energy I offer her.

I am Cybertron's new source of sustenance. I am her new heart. I live within her. I beat within her. I am one with her.

I pour myself into her...and Cybertron gasps with new life...

17. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Wow... I didn't expect for it to end like this.

So they won the war, and now Prime will sacrifice himself for Cybertron. :)  Nicely done. Though I kinda dissaprove of Prime's sacrifice... :\

Still, brilliantly written as always, and eagerly waiting for the second epilogue. :bay 

18. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    I like to do unexpected things sometimes. :) 

And since when do we ever approve of Prime's sacrifices? :rolleyes2 

*Pours bucket of water over fiery Bay.* He looks hazardous. :D 

Thanks, Chopper!

19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Aaaaawww... Optimus Prime sacrifices himself to bring new life, new energy to Cybertron so that it can thrive again?

20. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    Pretty much. :)