Customs: Taking Apart LoC Starscream

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Primevil, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I want to (finally) get started on my Cybertron Metalhawk custom, but something's standing in my way: LoC Starscream's pins.

I know how to remove pins, but I'm having just a bit of trouble figuring out which end of the pins in his arms is the checkered end. I'm suspecting it's the outside of his arm (under the wing) but can't quite tell. Lobo's tutorial mentions that the plastic around the checkered end should look rougher, but the surface isn't flat like the Alt Smokescreen in his pictures.

Also, has anyone managed to remove Starscream's head?

2. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

for starscreams head, just lever it up with a screwdriver, turn it, lever it, turn it, ect

3. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

for starscreams head, just lever it up with a screwdriver, turn it, lever it, turn it, ect

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Metalhawk,Seams Interesting!

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Metalhawk,Seams Interesting!

6. Primevil

Ebay:
    Thanks for the help, wavelength. I got Starscream's head off, though I didn't have to turn it and pry again, as in the process of prying the first time it popped off.

But I'm having more trouble with the pins than I thought. I didn't ask about the pin holding Starscream's chest together since I could see the checkered end from the underside. But I've noticed that neither side is flush with the plastic. And that's been making it hard to find anything that is a suitable size for hammering the pin out. The best that I've found in the house (so far) is a couple nails that are a little too big for the pin, while the point of the nail is a little too small to push the pin out (the pin's around 1/16th of an inch and the nails are a bit bigger than that).

7. Primevil

Ebay:
    Thanks for the help, wavelength. I got Starscream's head off, though I didn't have to turn it and pry again, as in the process of prying the first time it popped off.

But I'm having more trouble with the pins than I thought. I didn't ask about the pin holding Starscream's chest together since I could see the checkered end from the underside. But I've noticed that neither side is flush with the plastic. And that's been making it hard to find anything that is a suitable size for hammering the pin out. The best that I've found in the house (so far) is a couple nails that are a little too big for the pin, while the point of the nail is a little too small to push the pin out (the pin's around 1/16th of an inch and the nails are a bit bigger than that).

8. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I've never taken the chest pin out, but for the arms, you need to be hammering from the outside.

9. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I've never taken the chest pin out, but for the arms, you need to be hammering from the outside.

10. Primevil

Ebay:
    Thanks, Redline. I think I need to file down a nail to fit it into the hole since the pin isn't flush with the plastic under the wings.

11. Primevil

Ebay:
    Thanks, Redline. I think I need to file down a nail to fit it into the hole since the pin isn't flush with the plastic under the wings.

12. REDLINE

News Credits:
    get yourself a 1/16th pin punch, you'll wonder how you lived without one. they're only 3-5 bucks too. anyplace that sells tools'll have 'em.

13. REDLINE

News Credits:
    get yourself a 1/16th pin punch, you'll wonder how you lived without one. they're only 3-5 bucks too. anyplace that sells tools'll have 'em.