Taking a trip to Boston

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuzz, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

Hey everyone. The wife and I decided we're going to take a road trip to Boston this April. Last year, we went to Pittsburgh, and I got some great suggestions from folks here about things to do and see. I'd like to do the same for Boston.

One of my wife's friends lives in Boston (her husband is a coach for the Patriots), but she hasn't been a huge help as far as suggestions. All I've gathered so far is that the city is split into two sections - the Irish side and the Italian side, and if you ask for directions to something on the Italian side while you're on the Irish side, people will say they don't know where it is, and vice versa. Is that true? Haha!

Anyways, what I'm looking for is suggestions for restaurants, parks, gardens, museums, tours, land marks, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Oh, and I wore a Buffalo Bills shirt around Pittsburgh last year and got mixed reactions from people. Some good. Some bad. Is it safe to assume the same, or worse, would happen in Boston?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  2. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Do not wear a Bills jersey there. You are bound to get bad reactions. :lol 

3. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Museum of Science, ( not the Kid one in Southie ) NE Aquarium, Quincy Market/Fan Hall, USS Constitution Worlds oldest commissioned Active warship - Charlestown Harbor 5 min boat ride, Castle Island - Civil War Army Fort. Duck boat tours are decent. Area around Copley is tourist trap area - ie don't buy anything in that area. Also 25 min drive from Boston is Lexington and Concord - Near Hanscom Air Force Base - shot heard round the world, ie Birthplace of America.

4. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid

Okay, good start. Thanks.

Yeah, that's really helpful...

5. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Oh yea, You Can dump tea in Boston Harbor - at the Boston tea Party Museum - Period Ship as well. Also forgot the Freedom Trail, Boston Common - Make way for Ducklings, Can take a tour of Fenway Park.

6. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Be prepared for a shit load of bandwagon patriots fans that will most likely clown the bills.

7. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

A bit cliche, but you better crank this on the way there.