Takaratomymall exclusive MP-11SW Skywarp

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gaokaiser, Jul 8, 2016.

1. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

don't forget how wonky the QC was on the TRU Starscream release, which is simply inexcusable given that it was the FOURTH time Hasbro used the MP-11 mold. I know that there's a few bad units in every run, but looking at the board feedback it looked like the number of wonky units for that release had a significantly larger number of complaints.

2. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    It's really pretty, looks good, etc. etc. but can we please have a new mould at this point so that we can do away with all the extraneous stuff from MP-3, get them better in-scale and possibly finally get at least the three main Seekers as regular retail releases?

On the contrary, I'd think it would make it far more excusable because the mould would be well-worn at that point (and it is). I'm not sure if they've recast it since MP-11 was made, but if not, they need to if they plan to keep using it.
    That being said, QC problems like TRU Starscream aren't acceptable, by any means.

3. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There have been at least 3 "remakes" of the MP-11 mold since it first came out. The changes have been documented over the years, but I have no idea where to pull the posts now.

4. BenjaminXavier

News Credits:
    No solid evidence at all. Just the occasional post like dirtweed's.

5. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't tell you how much I want this. But I also can't explain why I'm just going to wait. Maybe it's because I already have MP-6? Maybe because I already have 5 versions of the MP-11 mold? Maybe because I still feel like Hasbro will eventually release MP SW? Either way, $200 is not going to TT Mall. Good luck to all of those who pre-order.

6. Venters

Venters Member

Does anyone know if this is going to up for pre-order anywhere soon?

I'm wondering at this point if I should cancel the BBQ order for this guy i have

7. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    At this time, it does not appear that there will be a coinciding release from Hasbro Asia. So you'll have to order from TTMall and use a forwarding service like Tenso.

8. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

I knew this day would come. There is no such thing as an exclusive anymore. A good day for those who missed him the first time around. And bad day for those who paid through the nose to acquire him.

While it's a TTMall exclusive, TFSource and BBTS and some other online retailers tend to get their hands on some to sell.

9. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    I still do not like the extra purple stripes, but I might very well get Skywarp this time. Hopefully Kapow will sell him too.

10. monish

monish Not a Negatron!

News Credits:

They won't because ttmall normally mentions if there will be a hasbro asia release which it doesn't indicate on their page.

11. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    I got a reply from Tenso, they won't ship to my country. Damn.

12. monish

monish Not a Negatron!

News Credits:
    there are plenty of proxy services, try https://www.whiterabbitexpress.com/

Im assuming they ship to your country.

13. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

that's not really a defensible position as a lot of the QC errors had to do with incorrect assembly or using incorrect parts. The number of "my SS has two right hips/left hands" type complaints have nothing to do with the mold.

While mold degradation is an issue, it's not one that can't be overcome. By that logic this release of SW will be crap no matter what just because it's the at least 4th time that TT has used the molds. And that's also assuming they aren't using the same molds as Hasbro and Hasbro Asia has for their runs.

Hasbro just didn't really seem to put much effort into the QC, either by seeing if the molds had broken down enough to affect the tolerances of pieces and spending on recasting as needed, or at least paying attention to the finished toys coming off the line. A toy that they have, again, made for the 4th time and should be familiar with how the finished product should look/operate. So molds aside, they still did a crappy job with last year's SS and I'm really wary of how good a Hasbro SW would do. And as you already mentioned, a recast might be needed to keep using this set of parts. However, if the TRU SS issues included parts that didn't fit right due to mold degradation (which I don't recall too many complaints on), it was still on Hasbro for not making that decision for that release and deciding the mold was still good enough.

But hey, if they're only charging $60 it seems like they say "we don't give a crap about getting our money's worth and at that price, neither should you. It's a toy for kids after all".

But to get back to my original point, I am very pleased with the quality of my MP-11, Hasbro Asia MP-11SW and the Hasbro Asia MP-11T, all of which cost me more than a TRU release would have. I"m not particularly thrilled with the price, but if that's what it takes to get a quality toy, so be it. Not to mention that I know my retailer for those units would make some sort of effort to help me with any defect, whereas TRU told SS customers, "is there another on the shelf? no? well then you can either keep this defective one or get a refund".

These are all things to consider if people out there are on the fence about paying for what will be around $200 and are considering waiting for a TRU release.

14. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True, just a rumor like I originally stated however, I was doing some research. On July 28 2015 Takara Tomy Mall Masterpiece MP-11T Thundercracker was announced. Aug 1 2015 Pre-orders suddenly showed up on TRU for MP Starscream. Could this be happening again?

15. CLM

CLM Well-Known Member

No offense to Hasbro... but I would only wait on a TRU exclusive Hasbro Masterpieces if I subconsciously did not actually want to own the figure...

An analogy for the Hasbro/Takara releases for MP figures I guess is like the difference between actually going to the store for a carton of Milk and just standing in the kitchen wishing really hard that one shows up in the fridge... hey who knows maybe your Significant Other will put one in? Or maybe wishes will spontaneously come true?

16. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Premium Collectables have announced they'll be getting this guy but they'll be announcing the pre-order details through their Instagram :) rolleyes2 sigh for companies trying to FORCE social media interaction) Their prices are generally cheaper than US stores though they're Aussie based so you have to pay shipping. They also tend to get limited stock and sell out Super Quick, so if you're interested follow their Insta. I'm already committed to the KO so not interested for myself.
    Oh, and remember the store is Australian so prices are in AUSSIE DOLLARS. (I stress that because a surprising number of people get confused)

Attached Files:

17. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here, not a fan of the stripes. So another pass from me for MP SW. I'm already regretting the Hasbro TC with those atrocious decals.

18. BenjaminXavier

News Credits:
    They have nothing in common. We knew about MP Starscream at TRU for a good 3-4 months before that

19. Mike Witwicky

Mike Witwicky Loyal Lieutenant

Does this mean that places like BBTS and TFS will carry Skywarp as well?

I've been noodling around both Tenso and TT Mall, trying to make my way through the registration forms, hoping I didn't bungle something.

I'd be much more comfortable preordering from a site like BBTS or TFS. I'd have to pay more but I just want to lock in my PO and not have to worry about screwing up something.

20. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits: