Takaratomymall exclusive MP-11SW Skywarp

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gaokaiser, Jul 8, 2016.

1. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Moderator

I'm also curious why this guy is $189 (US vendor pricing) and the new Starscream that is coming (same mold) but has the cape, crown and shoulder armor is $139? Me thinks I'm being robbed. :p 

2. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Because this guy is a TakaraTomy Mall exclusive and Starscream is not.

3. boomerdave

I guess I don't see the difference or understand it. Same mold from the same factory with less items in the box. Not being sarcastic but serious. I'm sure you're right. I just don't get the real difference as they have to ship them in from the same place anyhow.

4. giafunk

giafunk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    20161209_234915.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    One is manufactured in a much smaller quantity and you cannot buy it as easily. There have been hundreds of exclusives throughout the years - mail-order, e-Hobby, BotCon/TFCC, SDCC, and so on - and the vast majority were exactly the same molds from exactly the same factories and most of them cost a lot more than their retail counterparts.

We may not like the fact that Takara made Thundercracker and Skywarp exclusives, but they did and there's nothing we can do about it (other than not buy them).

• Like Like x 2
  6. Prowl 76

Prowl 76 Well-Known Member

This is a great display, man.

You used to have Ramjet in there before you got a second Skywarp, correct? I remember seeing this setup a while back and it helped inspire me to go all in on doubling up on the seekers.

It looks awesome.

7. shiin

shiin Well-Known Member

What are the stands that you use for the planes? I believe I have seen them or similar ones now and then, but I have no clue what they are.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    Got my Skywarp and Thrust yesterday and I'm VERY impressed. I've decided to upgrade my Hasbro Thundercracker and Starscream to the Takara versions based on how nice the Japanese decoes are. I decided the animation accurate colors were worth the extra money!

9. giafunk

giafunk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that is correct! don't know why I only went with 1 skywarp to begin with. now my display makes more sense lol. now i just need dirge and all is well in the world.

they are the flightpose stands. i have the main seeker on a 6 inch and his 2 cronies on a 4 inch.

10. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only other option is the BB7 YM route which includes more accessories.

11. Jazz303

Jazz303 @cybertronwarriors on Instagram

That's classy man. Thanks for going the extra mile for the team :) 

12. boomerdave

Yeah I just picked up a BB7 Thundercracker today so it's on it's way. Was worth the price to get the animation colors.

13. boomerdave

Nah no worries, we're all fans here :)  Let you know as soon as they write back.

• Like Like x 1
  14. boomerdave

Well I didn't get an email back so I called BBTS today on these. They said they filled about 75% of their orders but ran out on that shipment. They are definitely going to get more but they don't know when it will be. There wasn't anything showing on his radar about them coming soon but then again (he said) sometimes stuff just shows up that day and they didn't even know it. He said if you have a preorder, you will get one though.

That being said, I really want this guy before Christmas so I ordered one from The Chosen Prime. I never used them but I hear good things so I figured I'd give them a try. I actually called and spoke to Brandon and he had these in stock and good to go. He also convinced me to go with the free shipping because it would be about as fast as UPS (who I usually use.) So we'll see how it goes (well I hope).

How does their points system work? I apparently earned some for buying from them.

15. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine from them and it also came with the coin, something BBTS doesnt include most of the time. Ive yet to use their points so im not sure how they work.

16. neko

neko Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Thanks for the update. I been waiting patiently as well. Wasn't this push back a month as is? I just want it mailed out before the flood of holiday packages.

17. Sawguy92

Sawguy92 Member

Can anyone please tell me if their Skywarp figure box was double taped? I am a MISB collector and planned on getting this guy AFA graded but Eddie from Toy Dojo told me that his entire shipment was double taped. I am just trying to check around to see if all of these figures have been shipped this way. Thank you in advance.

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    My Skywarp was single-taped. I got it from BBTS, delivered last Friday.

19. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Ouch. You're a MISB Transformer collector? Especially a MP MISB collector? Brrr *shivers*

I guess it doesn't bother you at all that half your stuff is probably riddled with QC problems and other issues.

To each his own of course. But MISB collecting of Japanese anime girly figures with clear plastic windows I can kinda understand - since you can see inside without opening it and may notice if there is any issues.

Speaking of which. Just got my SW today from BBTS. First thing I noticed was he is missing his eyeliner around his eyes that my Thundercracker and Starscream has.

Had to add it myself.

Other than that, and the semi-noticible spure marks here and there ... he's all right. Glad I didn't pay aftermarket prices.

20. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Got mine from Kapow a while ago. Box was single taped. Very, very tight figure, except for his middle, but that is the same as with Starscream and Thundercracker. Colors are great and the added silver and purple lines do not bother me in hand I must say. Nice to have all three seekers now. All I need now is Dirge and I will have the coneheads complete too.