TakaraTomy Transformers Spring 2016 Preorders

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by C310 Ginrai, Jan 20, 2016.

1. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
  2. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I forgot that Takara was getting a different Blast-off. I'm actually ok with jet version because it's still the character. It's not like it was with Alpha Bravo, Rook, and Offroad where I can't help but get the actual combiner characters. We'll see if I change my mind if Hasbro does an exclusive Blast-off.

3. G1 Warpath

G1 Warpath Well-Known Member

I hate the booster feet. Like, Blast Off is ok. But not good enough to double down. Vortex's rotor placement is also naff.

4. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Since BBTS and TFSource are offering Bruticus for $134.99, does that mean he's not a TTMall Exclusive? I sure hope so.

5. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    ......these.

6. Angry Scientist

Angry Scientist Well-Known Member

Well, it's kind of a shame that the G2 Bruticus was already announced, because I really want a G2 Vortex with 4 blades, and a G2 shuttle Blast-Off (and a G2 Brawl that has a locking waist). I really hope that they release an updated version, or at least release them stand alone, for people that care. By the way, there aren't any mold differences between the Hasbro Superion and Menasor and the Takara ones right?

7. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    love it. totally going to order UW Bruticus

8. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Well as usual I just placed my preorder for Bruticus at BBTS,I am surprised he is $20 cheaper than Defensor was a few months ago,I guess it has to do with Defensor being a Mall Exclusive.But Bruticus I take it is not,I so can't wait to get him,especially since I have yet to find CW Bruts at retail but that's Hasbro for you,you can't count on them for nothing no more.

Also I am glad Takara redesigned Blastoff and Vortex,again Hasbro were too cheap to give us these just to save a few cents.It is starting to look like Takara is gonna get my business from now on.I just wish we could see color pics of UW Bruticus to see how accurate he is gonna be to G1 Bruticus,but hopefully color pics will be up in a few weeks.I so can't wait to get my hands on this set.Later guys.

9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    That is correct. Bruticus is a regular retail set similar to Superion and Mensasor before him.

10. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seeing it's a retail release has me pretty much locked in on wanting this Bruticus now.

11. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The new Blast Off mold and the added rotors on Vortex look nice but honestly as much as I'm into Bruticus I don't think I'm that into him to warrant buying this. Blast Off himself has his chest sticking out too much making him look chubby and it doesn't help that the arms looks scrawny as a result. I'm sure the designers did their best and I won't fault them for that but still I don't think it's worth buying the set just for a new mold. Great for those who want him especially the ones who want more of a G1 version.

The new Surge Optimus Prime toy in TAV looks very interesting however. He seems to be a new mold and from the looks of the price he could be Voyager sized or even Leader.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not gonna lie.... Blast Off doesn't look that great. Very blocky, oversized torso and skinny arms. And the shuttle mode is eh. Doesn't change the fact that I'm going for this version, though.

13. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's another remold of TAV21.

14. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:

Hey Equilax,chances are good Hasbro will get most if not all of the remold figures of Vortex,Blastoff,and maybe Deluxe Groove (but not holding my breathe for him),but just like they did for Slingshot and Wildrider I expect them to be Limited Web Exclusives which Hasbro probably planned this knowing people would have to buy an extra figure to complete the set instead of releasing the more accurate figure(s) like they should have.Sadly I don't see how Hasbro can treat its fans this way when we have stuck by them for 30+ years,I am to the point now where if Hasbro doesn't hurry up and change their act I am not buying anymore TF's from them,Takara will get my business,plain and simple.

15. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer the Supreme mode version. Looks like l'll be done with RID/Adventure once we get Warrior Thunderhoof, Quillfire and the Strongarm/Sideswipe/Fixit set.

16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Are you sure? It looks to be a brand new mold to me. If it was the TAV21 mold used again it would have likely be more expensive. Unless if that's really good remolding.

17. Ragnar

Ragnar Fun with G1

Ebay:
    Have the TT UW Bruticus Set, MP Ratchet and Skids all on pre-order. Still passing on R.I.D. for my collection, although I may still pick up a couple more of R.I.D. figures for my son.

18. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is the same price as TAV21... A little more, I think.

*squints*

*gets out my TAV33*

Hmmm... They look like they're based on the same figure at first glance. But going into the figure itself, it may be an all new mold or a REAL heavy remolding.

I stand corrected..

19. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well....im happier with blast off as a jet....to me this shuttle mode looks bad and the robot mode worse...his chest is sticking out way too far making him chubby looking.

Takara didnt 'knock it out of the park' as far as im concerned. Good on you guys that wanted this but I'm much happier with the hasbro one I have

20. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I never understand this kind of argument. Hasbro's Bruticus "saved them some cents" but at the same time their combiner is cheaper for the buyer so it balances it out. It's cool to have alternatives, and you can get Takara's more G1 offering but you have to pay more in exchange. There's something for everyone.

Still not sold on that Vortex remolding however, it's just too low to look good.