TakaraTomy Transformers Spring 2016 Preorders

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by C310 Ginrai, Jan 20, 2016.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    Hopefully Blastoff and Groove come stateside. I've already got CW Bruticus and that shuttle isn't worth $50 *or* doubling up.

Should be interesting what happens next. As we've got two torso bots left (Scattorshot and Sky Lynx). What will Takara reveal first? Liokaiser or Computron?

2. WWELORD

WWELORD The Best In The World

News Credits:
    So vortex suffers to please fans weird. Should've had left it with the same mold as hasbro. There was a reason vortex was molded that way to prevent this from happening. Now Takara tomy's vortex looks like a cheap knock off. In staying with the hasbro molds

3. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    ... What?

4. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I think he's talking about how the four rotors in robot mode don't seem to fold up and look weird on his back.

5. Collectibot

Collectibot SWITCHed.

News Credits:
    *Grabs WFC Megatron cannon.*

Swindle will have his cannon with me.

6. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    I think it's the robot pic. I don't know if the rotors will fold up in the finished product, but it DOES look a bit odd sitting so low on his back. Hoping for collapsible, or removable.

On a side note - I REALLY hope they decide on the light gray/silver for the hands, head, and chest..... I might buy TWO if they did that.....

-A.S.

7. WWELORD

WWELORD The Best In The World

News Credits:
    What I'm saying is look at UW vortex a robot mold, see how the rotors just sit there. If hasbro did that instead of collapsing them fans would've complained about it. Now think about it are you really going to look at that vortex and think, "you know what that's the best they can do, more improved then hasbro" . Not worth the money to me

8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    I fucking love you Takaratomy! Suck it Hasblooooo. Ahem :lol 

9. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    They don't just sit there. If you look at the pic you can still see the blades are still the same other than there are 4 of them. So each of the blades is still on a hinge to swing round.

So three of them should be able to swing onto his back in the same way as the Hasbro mold should you wish, whilst one will have to unfortunately kinda jut out to the side.

Neither the Hasbro or Takara versions have been designed well in respect of storing the rotors but it's way better than FOC Vortex (shudders)

10. Yaujta

Yaujta ANUTFORAJAROFTUNA Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, same here. I really enjoy the retail Bruticus, and was considering this set, but one deluxe isn't worth it in the end.
    IF they would have made better back cannons and fixed Brawl's horrible waist (maybe they did fix it, but we don't know yet, and I doubt it), then I'd consider it.

Nice to see you're still as classy as ever.

11. TFKaiser

TFKaiser Commander

Ebay:
    Unite Warriors Bruticus looks good! If the colors are better I may go for importing this big guy! Hopefully the hip ratchets are fixed on Onslaught.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The TAV figures are up for order at AE... The one car creature is Crazybolt. I'm surprised AE is getting these as they haven't got any since the first time that big Prime was released...

13. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    This is definitely Hasbro's with modified parts in this photo, so you can't tell anything about the photos. You can even see the stripes that Onslaught has on the inside of his legs colored in, this is likely something Takara wouldn't replicate / keep from the Hasbro version.

In regards to the mix matched feet, Takara is probably giving Bruticus two matching feet and two matching hands (meaning the same mold for each - like Defensor, Menasor, and Superion), so I wouldn't look too deeply into the coloration of the feet here. Convoy Grand Prime and Grand Galvatron don't have matching hand and feet molds most likely because Takara doesn't care that they don't match like they seemingly due for the original G1 combiners.

Randy

14. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am at this point, quite willing to believe that the Emperor has outlawed scanners in Japan before he stepped down after WWII, even though they did not exist at the time. Seems like no japanese TF fan ever heard about them when it comes to sharing leaflets and adverts.

Quite liking Blast Off from what little we can see of him. Now come on Hasbro... release him and Groove as Target Exclusives like you did with Quickslinger and Break-Neck.

And hey, seems like Optimus has become a Breastforce member! Breastmaster Prime!

15. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    so we now have THREE gigantic Optimuses for this series that America will probably never get.

What the hell?!

16. Thormind

Thormind Active Member

anyone else notice that Vortex has 4 propeller on the picture? Like the new mold for Blast Off wasnt enough :)  Now lets see some colors please!

17. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    All in good time. Yuki will likely tweet out more on Bruticus very soon.

The Optimus is crazy. That alt mode doesn't look like the same figure. I would assume this is from the show, and it is quite pathetic TakaraTomy does a better job of supporting Hasbro's show with accurate, high quality figures.

18. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Wonder if they will pull an accurate show deco and make one foot brown and one foot green. I believe he was the only one in the cartoon to have his feet colored like the limbs.

[​IMG]

19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Is he the same size as the first two? He seems potentially smaller, but that depends on the scale of his breast force partner.

With Liokaiser apparently coming, and Hasbro honoring Star Convoy w/ Battle Core's head...I wonder if Victory is the next source of figures.

Star Saber, Star Convoy, Liokaiser, Victory Leo, Overlord...second half of 2016 could be a ton of fun.

20. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Might be very likely. Coloring Brawl's foot accessory like the cartoon's back cannons might be a possibility too.

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/5/5e/FightorFlee_RazorclawBrawl.jpg

Randy