TakaraTomy Staff interview - Hironori Kobayashi on Masterpiece

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SydneyY, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pictured where? I feel like I missed something.

2. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, it seems that Kobayashi says that he took it over after he wrapped up work on AOE - Kobayashi having created the most-praised of the AOE line, Evasion Optimus. It's strange that the reason for Hasui leaving the MP line was given as being that he was taken off it to work on the AOE line, when Kobayashi was clearly working on the AOE line already. Maybe they swapped places?

That would be great, but I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet - that is just Hasui saying what he would *like* to do. He's also said that he would like to do Jazz and Combaticons, and they have yet to come to fruition. I imagine MP23 and MP24 are already in the design stages, by Kobayashi, and that Hasui wouldn't be mentioning figures that he knows are coming out, though. I would love to be proved wrong, though!

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    That pic is just a random, unrelated image of Kobayashi. It has nothing to do with this story/interview... aside from it being Kobayashi, of course.

4. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    They're from the same source as the Kobayashi interviews. The Masterpiece Official Guide. I think the interviews are dated July 14th or thereabouts.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Fantastic interview. I always love seeing how extraordinarily humble ALL these MP designers are, and so willing to give each other so much credit. They always manage to successfully convey a feeling of mutual admiration & respect.

Too bad the "fans" are always so hellbent on making it such a competition between them on places like this.

6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    If Ironhide is going to be released, I'm wondering what the price is going to be. Will it be a normal car price or since it is bigger it will be like $10 to $20 more.

7. msol

msol Well-Known Member

I really do wonder on why there was such a tight deadline on MP-5. It's not like it was an anniversary year at the time. So bizarre.

8. OptimusGrind

OptimusGrind Active Member

Thank you so much for the translation. I can't stop laughing in regards to the revelations regarding MP-05. 12 days! Truth is stranger than fiction, indeed. With each interview I gain more respect for the Takara designers. Thanks again.

9. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Really hoping 2015 is the year of the MP Decepticon. The Bots are outnumbering them at the moment for sure. Balance must be restored! :D 

10. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    I hope someone posts all the drawings. That's what I want to see most.

11. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So cool to read this! I love the Masterpiece series, and find it such a great treat to read interviews with designers of the line.

12. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Just now got around to reading this. It's good to know that this guy didn't really have anything to do with the lemons of the MP line, with the exception of MP 9. They're obviously going to continue with the current scale, and seeing as he's the designer behind MP Magnus, the future of the MP line is certainly bright!!!

13. Generation Zero

Generation Zero Masterpeace

Twitter:
    ^This.

14. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    It's a real shame he decided on an all in one figure with Rodimus but thinking he wouldn't get another chance I can see where he's coming from.

The good news out of all this is he's guaranteed another attempt with the success of the line, especially being the 2nd most popular leader.

I dare say he hinted at an upcoming new Rodimus Prime with those comments. You can really tell that he is impressed with the way Ultra Magnus turned out and no doubt he is itching to get to Rodimus Prime again. Gotta love it when they throw out comments like "At the time of MP-09, I thought I might not get another chance even though he is popular".

Kobayashi is working on him alright.

15. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    I think you're wrong on that front, my friend. If anything, we'd get a Hot Rodimus.

16. Bruticus81

Bruticus81 Cybertron Reject

Masterpiece Megatron v2

In January Hasui-san tweeted this head sketch as an ode to, I recall, the original Megatron designer who had passed away:

https://twitter.com/Hasui_TF/status/424218979939278848

More than an ode, I think he was teasing us progress on a Megatron v2!

Come to think of it. If he really is working on the Megs v2 design then I'm getting really excited by the Reveal the shield Megatron that is clearly displayed next to the sketch. He could be using that one as a reference design. That little figure has an awesome transformation and really clean bot mode...

Also, I'm not surprised Kobayashi san didn't do the design of MP-05. It is so inconsistent to the bar set by MP-01 and a should have been MP-03 (later MP-11).

17. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I too agree with Danny, I believe this was a hint at a Hot Rodimus in development.
    I also agree with Bruticus on the ode being hints at the progress of Megs V2.
    So excited to see the next reveals of this line.
    Was it stated its the most popular Transformers line?

If it is it would make sense as it is the essence and core of what started it all.

18. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read it as the opposite - I thought he was hinting that they *wouldn't* be revisiting Hot Rod again, when he said:

(I'd love a smaller Hot Rod to go with the other cars, but MP-09 is one of my favourite MPs - possibly my all-time favourite; an amazing piece of design and engineering, and an absolute beauty.)

19. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    Kobayashi is referring to the time when MP-09 was made. He didn't think he'd get another shot at him again. The line should read;

"Although, I thought he didn't have many opportunities to get a remake in spite of his popularity."

He's pretty much dropped a huge hint that he's working on or will start working on either Rodimus Prime or Hot Rod.

20. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    Huge hint Emperor. Hard to read if it's Hot Rodimus or Rodimus Prime.

• Like Like x 1