TakaraTomy MP24 Star Saber

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by TCracker, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Got mine from tfsource today and he is AWESOME

I always dreamed of getting a G1 Star Saber so i'm SUPER stoked at having an MP version!

Only thing is the arm joints arent tight enough for him to support his shield and it looks like the factory over-tightened the screw on one of his bits of skirt armor so he's got an ugly pink dot on it. Getting ahold of tfsource to see about getting a new part or something.

But other than that I love him!
    The number of joints in his arms to accomodate for sword posing is fantastic. he's gonna be alot of fun to find cool poses for :D 

[I do kinda wish his long blade was a little longer tho xD Its REALLY short compared to the hilt/handle. cue 3rd parties? :p  ]

2. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    Josh there's a simple fix for the loose left arm by member Cax6ton which I reposted a few pages back. It works!

3. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Arms are fine, his legs though, are not, I think they are bad. The attempted ankle tilt is laughable and the worst offender, the outer hip motion is even more so. If people are happy with it, good for them.

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Ah I found it. Thanks! I'll have to see if I can find somethin to stuff in there

5. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I used an old discount card like the ones you get from the grocery store or the pharmacy. A credit card might work but it might be too thick. Just cut some small pieces and try it out.

6. Huffington

Huffington Banned

nvm, asshole isn't worth it

7. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Boiling water works better, just don't exceed 105°C/221°F or you risk melting the ABS

8. das_hermit

das_hermit Decepticons forever!

Thinking about it, IMO the ideal way to have designed the long sword handle would have been to have it on a swivel joint.

9. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    It does, but I've had better/faster results with a blow dryer or heat gun.

10. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

Did you mean "hassle"? Lol. Or else, that was really rude. Autocorrect fail.

11. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll PM you my address for my royalty checks :)  Also, I think you're right that Ratbat is a TF-original, although it transformed into the same micro-cassette form factor that originated in the Micro-Change series. I'm more focused on the fact that Star Saber has only the second Cybertronian alt-mode we've seen in the whole line!...unless you're mad enough to count Grimlock :) 

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I finally got to opening mine tonight and enjoy the crap out of it. I do wish the instructions more explicitly indicated that you have to push Saber in until it clicks for the combined 'bot mode (I was staring at it like an idiot at first, wondering if it's supposed to just sit there loosely, until I looked up a video review and saw what I was supposed to be doing), and yeah I wish he could grip the sword handle better, but otherwise I love this.

I'm tempted to pick up a second one somewhere so I can leave one normal and use the extra to combine with a potential (inevitable?) future Victory Leo release. I'm also really looking forward to a black/dark redeco showing up somewhere along the line.

With this and Exhaust, it's been a great time of late for MPs.

13. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    You should use lube.

14. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    i didn't bother skimming through all the pages my apologies in advance if this has been asked or requested already but...

Has anybody posted photos of both the original and mp-SS together?

Also was hoping to see photos of what the Victory Leo PArts look like when combined with MP Star Saber

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Both have been posted.

Heck, Yuki himself did side by sides with the original Star Saber, including MP Star Saber in G1 Star Sabers box.

16. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    Here's some nice comparison pixs taken by member Unicron Nemesis. But unfortunately there's no Victory Saber combined form in the pixs below.

[​IMG][Transformers Masterpiece] Autobot - Victory 01 - Star Saber 08-1 by unem13, on Flickr

[​IMG][Transformers Masterpiece] Autobot - Victory 01 - Star Saber 07-1 by unem13, on Flickr

[​IMG][Transformers Masterpiece] Autobot - Victory 01 - Star Saber 06-1 by unem13, on Flickr

[​IMG][Transformers Masterpiece] Autobot - Victory 01 - Star Saber 05b-1 by unem13, on Flickr

[​IMG][Transformers Masterpiece] Autobot - Victory 01 - Star Saber 01b-1 by unem13, on Flickr

[​IMG][Transformers Masterpiece] Autobot - Victory 01 - Star Saber 09-1 by unem13, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  17. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice pics.

I got mine yesterday. No QC issues that I found yet, but I have to fiddle with the antennae bc they collapse inward in jet mode. I'll take a better look when I get home....

18. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Thanks so much for posting these. It so crazy How Star Saber's combined mode looks so small compared to the MP version but OG Saber himself looks so big compared to MP version. and that Alt mode on the original is HUGE compared to the MP version. the MP brainmaster is so teeny tiny compared to the original and yet, wow those paint apps.

The comparisons look great.

Stating to wish I had an OG Starsaber now. lol

19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey guys does the small hilt store anywhere in Vstar and combined robot mode?

20. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not intentionally, but you can store it in the hollow cavities of Star Saber's legs without worry.