TakaraTomy Masterpiece Dinobot

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Feb 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If TT designs Dinobot with a fake dino head on his chest (or any fake parts) like they did with their MP Cheetor, I won't buy it. MP Optimus Primal set the bar for me with the MP BW line, and MP Cheetor lowered it to the ground. If they don't get this one right, I'm down with MP Beast Wars. When it comes to Transformers, it's rare that I don't mind faux parts.

2. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Goodbye then.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    TakaraTomy's priorities for BW MPs:

1. Screen accuracy.
    2. Everything else.

If it takes a faux chest to achieve Point 1, they'll do it, and I welcome it.

• Like Like x 5
  4. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

Then I really, really hope TT doesn't listen to you. Cheetor needed fake parts. The screen accuracy of Primal demands that his fellow bots be similarly animation accurate. You simply can't do that without the fake parts. Cheetor's beast head physically can't be both the beast mode head and the robot mode chest and look like it does in the show. The same is likely true of Dinobot. Hell, the two parts aren't even precisely the same shape!

I get the fake parts issue. I share it, when it comes to vehicle parts. But the Beast Wars designs cheat so much, with shapes and with sizes that asking them to do the same as I would for vehicle based designs is simply unfeasible.

Give me the accuracy, please.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Verno

News Credits:
    MP Cheetor had the option of coming with a die-cast Primal statuette. Who could we expect to see come with Dinobot? I'm inclined to say Megs.

6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Rattrap

• Like Like x 1
  7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While I understand where you're coming from and actually used to feel the same way you do, I've grown to appreciate what faux parts can do to make a bot mode look better than it would've without the faux parts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    Rattrap would be a nice touch and may possibly foreshadow his own mp announcement if the recent rumours are to be believed. I just hope it's not the Golden Disc.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Except that using the real dino's head would be making the figure having a hideous look like its previous toys incarnations.

In primal there was NO need to make that since it is a much simpler design.

Megatron (MP-36) Does it.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    The folks at Takara are toy designers, not miracle makers. There's literary no way to do a show accurate Dinobot without fake parts.

• Like Like x 6
  11. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

I'm expecting the bot modes chest will work more like MP Optimus rather than Cheetors because Dinobots chest is a featureless shape more resembling a stretched animal hide than it does the beast modes slender expressive face. It could be formed from any piece or number of parts that are going to cover the beast mode in raptor skin. Even if is a totally dedicated faux part with no purpose in raptor mode other than to hide it's still not gonna seem like you've got two animal heads stuffed in one bot if that's what puts people off Cheetor. They made the right move with Cheetor but its not gonna be the solution to every example of Beast Wars CGI transformation paradox I think.

12. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    MP Primal has fake chest too.

13. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sure hope it's not a gooden disc but a golden disc.Don't know what a gooden disc is.I'm just teasing btw:)  i'm not being serious as well;I too sure hope that the golden disc is not an "exclusive" item but is included in either dinobot's set of accessories,megatron's set of accessories or in an accessory pack with a bunch of other stuff(not preferred but still acceptable).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sportimus

News Credits:
    What good is having a Transformer when it goddamn cheats in transformation? I hear talk of screen accuracy and the arrogant a&&hats that just say "goodbye then" and it sickens me with the attitude seen here on TFW. The animated shows CHEATED in their transformations, why should TT do the same on the MP's? It defeats the purpose of the MP line. Despite my issues with MP36, TT still managed to create a screen accurate Megatron WITHOUT cheating. With today's engineering, I don't see why TT can't create a Dinobot without any faux parts in transformation. It doesn't have to be 100% to the animation, and I don't expect it to be. But if they can pull it off, they SHOULD. I see more interest in fakeformers than actual genuinely transforming robots without faux parts. If TT can figure out how to shove an entire ladder into MP Inferno, make MP-36 look like he walked off the animation cell, along with Primal, then they can find a way to pull off an amazing looking Dinobot without any cheating. Those guys over at TT have shown they have more than enough ingenuity to pull it off. I'm not asking the whole head to go in his chest, it can split apart where the top part goes in the chest, the other part folds away somewhere else. I see this as an engineering challenge, and a pretty good one. faux parts is just a cop-out in most cases for me. I guess I'll save some money then. What's next? Shellformets?

Let the bashing begin. I don't give a rats ass, really. If that is the reaction I get here because I have high expectations in the MP line and I want an amazing Dinobot with a fantastic transformation with both Dino and Robot modes looking great from creative engineering, then so be it.

15. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What are you talking about? Megatron's chest is FAKE.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Sportimus

News Credits:
    Who says? With the way they animated him, who is to say it is? All he did was flip backwards and the animators just drew shapes to make it look like he folded away and shrank in size. G1 Megatron mass shifted, too. Can't duplicate that.

17. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Every megatron we had (even third parties), his chest was the part of the gun wich had the decepticon's symbols.
    The animation model was too different from the G1 toy, but if one accurate thing they have between them, is the transformation scheme, the legs being the handle of the gun, THE CHEST being the barrel, the arms forming the back of the gun, etc.
    [​IMG]
    Lol.gif

So yeah, the MP-36 has a FAKE chest.
    There is no excuse to avoid the fact that the mp megs is cheating, and it creates GOOD LOOKING chest, why witht he anothers isn't justificable?.
    They can do the same.

Yes, a real chest is more admirable than cheating, but sometimes it makes a bad look in thw figures (like the previous dinobot figures)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Verno

News Credits:
    Save your breath, Seth. Old mate is going to be disappointed regardless.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Sportimus

News Credits:
    And in your own animated gif, you can see the chest being completely different in gun mode. It loses the triangles and the vents on each side of his chest and the proportions change. The arms magically disappear. There is no vivid detail as to where everything goes. Therefore more leeway for how he transforms. And in various episodes, they had their variations as well. This is not the case with Beast Wars. Their designs and transformations clearly show where the beast parts go. If you want screen accuracy for Dinobot, don't do a fake head in the chest as that is not how he transformed in the series. His ACTUAL head (or at least part of it) formed into his body. But if you want to nitpick about it, fine. Whatever. I'm sticking to what I've already stated.

I'll tell you this much, I promise to keep an open mind about Dinobot. I just want it to be a really good MP. He's a great character. If anyone hates me for wanting an amazing Dinobot, they can take a long walk off a short pier.

ETA: I'm not trying to p*ss you off. I guess we can agree to disagree.

20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    the animation model for dinobot massively cheated during transformation including but not limited to"
    -raptor hind legs seperating from the body completely and repositioning to the shoulders to become robot arms
    -entire skeletal structure of the beast mode coming out of its body
    -a very thin raptor head turns into a very flat skin on his chest
    -raptor arms completely disappear

the fact is that all animation models in the cartoons cheat to some extent and faux parts has been a part of transformers since the beginning

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.