TakaraTomy Masterpiece Dinobot

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Feb 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey man, what kind of lights do you use for your Detolfs?

2. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Are nasty sprue marks on his Dino sword just part of the deal, like the sprue marks on the forearms of MP Ultra Magnus on the 1st run?? Not a major fuck up, but up close it does take away from the beautiful metallic sheen on it ...

3. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    I think so. I noticed them on mine (kind of hard to miss), but I’m pretty forgiving of that kind of stuff.

4. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    They're from IKEA too; I don't remember what these are called though. However, illumination in complete darkness isn't the best, I prefer it that way but if you really want to light up the whole cube it might be better to buy these LED stripes and apply one to the front and the back of each cabinet floor.

5. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay man, got it.

6. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hahahaha I really really wanted to collect the shfs of this line, but the aftermarket prices on some of them went straight to the roof. Had held out hope for ichigo arms to come to fruition but oh well. Then drive came out, and ryuki continued and I just gave up on shfs all together in order not to go into debt hahaha. They sure are pretty though, except for the brown one(acorn or walnut I can't seem to rmbr), always hated that design.

7. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Pick up Dinobot and this toy is impressive (and expensive...)

Always a fan of Beast Wars and Primal really wows me with the clever transformation and the show accurate look for both beast and robot mode. Being the first of the BW crew, Primal has issues, especially the paint chipping rather easily. Other than that, Primal is just awesome. Cheetor was...ok, both robot and beast mode looks great but there are way too many compromises and the beast mode is a floppy mess.

Dinobot. I don't enjoy paying for the money but I think it is sorta worth it (but not happy with the upward price trend from Takara), probably help that I have almost one year to slowly save up the money. The beast mode is show accurate with minimal robot kibble visible. I just love the transformation. Some very clever panel folding and does not feel fragile, other than the shoulder joint. It is really amazing to see the beast mode turning into a different looking robot mode. Other than looking a bit fatter due to all the panels covering the beast parts, Dinbot is really show accurate. The only complaint I have is the weak knee joints not strong enough to support its bulky upper body...I think die cast feet would have helped?

Overall, a very strong entry in the MPBW line. I just ordered Megatron as well. I think Megatron shares the same painting tech with Dinobot so there should be no easy paint chips like Primal's. I enjoy transforming my transformers so I think a little bit paint chips is fine, as long as not to Primal's level

• Like Like x 2
  8. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Are his legs too short/slender ... or is his upper torso too husky?? I think the ‘grandpa pants’ vibe of Sunstreaker and Megatron have me totallly baffled in this regard ...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Gridon isn't my favorite design either but I liked the character enough to buy the figure.

I focus on main Riders only these days, although I like Build so much that I bought one of each Rider. That's still only 4, I think nothing will ever top my Gaim shelf.

And that's good, 'cause I need money for MP Beast Wars figures too :D 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I had a brief 'Rider' obsession during Den-o, all gone now but I have my memories (and photos).
    KR-Den-o.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love build's sparkling form and base form, even though I stopped watching KRs since drive ended. Just couldn't get into ex-aid, and comic books and transformers aremore than enough to satisfy my fiction and plastic crack addiction.

12. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. For me, KR went downhill since Gaim. With Faiz, Double and Gaim being my top tier followed by Blade, Kabuto and Decade. Hopefully, Zi-O can turn things around for me. The show's concept and toyline look exceedingly promising.

Wow! That's impressive! I focused my Gaim collection on the Arms Change figures due to the fact that you could display the arms separately together with the Lockseeds so I only have a number of the Figuarts (the main 4 + Gaim and Zangetsu's upgrade forms).

20180805_184026.jpg

I actually managed to complete my collection of all the main series figures and merch! Gaim was not only an excellent show, but the toyline itself was freaking phenomenal. I even wrote an entire article on it. (^o^)

But coming back to Dinobot, as an adult, I've really come to appreciate him as a character so much more. Rewatching the series has made me fall in love with the character all over again.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

They called that mp9

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    I’m almost hoping there’ll be some damaged, paint chipped Dinobot’s going up on eBay (at a discounted rate obviously) so I’ll be able to buy a cheap 3rd Dinobot and use his blue back and side parts to chop up and create a flatter backpack for my display figure. Then I’ll use what’s left of the test subject as my Code of Hero version.

Also- I just want to understand what’s going on with this ratchet joint-
    Am I missing something or should they not be fully compressed so that nub slots fully into the space which appears designed to *ahem* take it’s full length.
    [​IMG]
    Now, is that gold piece diescast? Regardless, could perhaps heating it a bit then getting some pliers out and squeezing it together to push the ratchet all the way in be a solution? I just can’t see how what we’ve ended up with can be the intended execution of that joint. It must be meant to sit all the way in the hole, right?

15. timcourtois

timcourtois Well-Known Member

You don’t want it to be compressed all the way, because it needs some room to move between clicks on the ratchet joints. If you remove ALL that extra space then you won’t be able to move the joints at all. But it probably should have been/was meant to be a little more compressed than it is.

16. KABAR432

KABAR432 giving beasts a forever home

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sweet! Mine just shipped from TFsource. Should be here later this week.

EDIT just checked tracking and its gonna be here Monday!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chopper Face

News Credits:
    Ok, I see now. So this huge QC issue that’s destroying people faith in TT and upcoming figures is literally down to one small piece needing to be push in a couple millimetres more?

Still seems like a crummy design choice.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    OK I don't have Dinobot and I won't be picking him up but...

Is this joint connected with a pin? A possible solution is punching that pin out, and maybe 'clipping' the spring, shortening it by a round or two, as it seems the spring is too strong/too big for the space. It's normal for a ratchet joint to have a spring inside (it's how they work), so it seems the wrong spring was used for this one. Could be an annoying but simple fix.

19. PositivelyKen

PositivelyKen One Man Gestalt

Man, that tiny little nub is doing a LOT of work in that joint. What a bizarre engineering choice. My MP Dinobot hasn't arrived yet, but I'm going to have to do the dish soap thing as a preventive measure as soon as it arrives.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chopper Face

News Credits:
    Gotta choose your words carefully when telling your friends you needed to lube up your new toy before you could play with it safely.

“What? Why?”

“Coz I didn’t want to snap my nub off!”

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.