TakaraTomy Masterpiece Dinobot

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Feb 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Optimus Prime15

Optimus Prime15 Well-Known Member

Man I preordered him from nippon-yasan and paid 289$ Canadian right from japan

2. Optimus Prime15

I thought the laser beams from his eyes were supposed to be green? My face has clear eyes and make the beams red as well

3. BluScorpio

BluScorpio Quick_WFC

i think theres more than 1 setting for the colour, i could be mistaken. i believe you have to hold down the switch

• Like Like x 1
  4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Hold down the button and they turn green.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Optimus Prime15

Thanks guys!!

6. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Concerns about cost should melt away once he’s in your hands. One of the best MPs to date IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Been fiddling with dino mode for a while now. It's great.. except for the weak ankles. But otherwise, love it.

I was instantly blown away by how big he is. I knew he would be, but seeing it in hand it's still quite impressive.

I'm only just now trying to transform him after a couple hours and... I can't even get anywhere as I'm trying to start with the tail and those sliding joints are just way too damn tight.

• Like Like x 2
  8. diecast17

diecast17 Well-Known Member

Same thing here, happened while I was filming my review.

• Like Like x 1
  9. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Yeah the trick with the ankles is what someone said earlier in this thread.

There IS a stop point if you tilt them upwards enough, you'll see and feel it.

You have to start there by placing his feet on the surface and then work your way up the legs and bend them until he's balanced.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Juraash

Juraash Well-Known Member

So I got this guy in today from Amazon Japan. Which was a nice surprise seeing as how Amazon said Wednesday and DHL originally said tomorrow.

My feelings on this guy basically come in two parts. The main figure is really quite impressive. It's fairly complex while still being intuitive. I was able to successfully get him from raptor to bot without instructions or videos or anything. I'm not 100% positive his chest is all correct. But it all locks together and doesn't seem any worse than the promo shots. Overall the figure is really nice. Finish is good, though one of my faces does have a blemish. Bummer, but a common occurrence on my MP BW figures. At least one face has a chip or a splotch or something. Luckily though, it seems I've managed to dodge most of the other big issues thus far. Shoulder ratchets seem ok and the ankles are reasonably tight. I will say I'm not the biggest fan of how his neck works. I feel like we've sacrificed a bit of posing and looks for another semi-useless feature. I never use the light up features in my figures. It's not practical to display the that way all the time, it makes their eyes look dead when the lights aren't on and there is usually some asthetic compromise to jam that crap in. Imo, the figure would be better served without them, but w/e.

Now the tail...is hot, hot garbage. The paint on the outside is nice, I'll give it that. But the inside of mine look kind of chewed up and the paint was shit. It looks so flat and dull compared to the metallics of his body or the chrome of his sword. I'm also floored I didn't sheer the damn thing apart for transformation. Those joints are way too god damn tight and for no good reason. Threw that junk back in the box.

All in all it is an impressive piece, couple of nitpicks and one major (I'm) blemish. Looking forward to filling out more of the cast.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    IT's been so long since I had a Package shipped to me from Anime Export, it's hard to tell how long this will take. I did pay for the Fast Shipping so hopefully this Friday. No big deal if it actually didn't come this Friday, I just like to have it for the Canadian long weekend.

12. TaurusOxford

TaurusOxford Well-Known Member

Quick question for anyone having trouble with the tight tail joint. Has anyone tried applying a small dab of shock oil or even dishsoap to said joint to see if it loosens up a bit?

13. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welcome to the club my friend

14. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This arrived just a few hours ago.

Almost had a big issue in paying for it the other day. Chase would not allow Amazon to charge my card for this, even after I gave permission to do so. I was, however, able to use the same exact card to buy a gift card and apply that to the purchase. No idea why the bank allowed one transaction and not the other.

This was shipped at approximately 11:30AM on Saturday in Japan and was in the United States the same day. That’s some crazy shipping.

Not sure when I’m actually going to get to open this guy but I can’t wait.

15. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That sucks. Hopefully it’s not a widespread issue...

16. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    These ratchets are insane @BIOMEC would have a field day. No problem with my shoulders, I'm just treating it like Sunstreakers backpack ( faux) ratchet.

This really is an excellent piece and I'm G1 all the way, but it's obvious those guys at Takara
    are putting the same love throughout the line.....except maybe the MPMS but that's another thread.:D 

Yeah, he's better than a Fanstoys Dibot, that questioned can be answered now.

• Like Like x 3
  17. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So.... my one complaint.... no batteries :(  Guess I'll have to order some! bbboooo

Beyond that, man this figure is awesome and it increases my anticipation for Megatron!

In my eyes, having the figure in hand, all those price debates go out the window.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Of all the things to be stuck on, I can't figure out the freaking arms. How the hell do you go from step 35 to step 36 :banghead: 

19. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jesus, that makes it what, three instances now?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the other hand, they may reissue this mp41 just like what they have reissue the MP32 Optimus Primal, reasonable pricing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.