TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Reissue Big Convoy Matrix Buster Edition

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Sep 1, 2019.

1. ophyjgjhnfn

ophyjgjhnfn Well-Known Member

And with this reprint insanity I’m now expecting a boxed KP with exclusive sword next summer immediately after the last seacons come out individually :-(

• Like Like x 1
  2. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    And that will be the set I buy.

3. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

I always wanted to get this toy, but somehow never pulled the trigger. But now I have the blue version, which is a beautiful piece but the mold itself is unwieldy and not particularly fun to transform. It's a cool collector's piece though; I might go try and find the original one (as I don't have much interest in this weapon).

I really disliked the anime deco - as it took everything away what made the original appealing imo - so I have no desire for an MP version. And there's no telling that they'll do multiple deco's of the japanese BW convoys at this stage. We only have one Primal redeco and that's only because of his appearance in the BWII OVA.

• Like Like x 1
  4. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Im guessing this is NOT a Troll move, but more like Takara designed the Matrix Buster & Navi when developing MP-47 LioConvoy, as stand in/partner with BC. But instead of offering it with the same 2018 figure, they would give us the original toy paint scheme to have a new version of the original but the gun & cartoon droid are made to go with the Encore/Cartoon version alongside Masterpiece LioConvoy.

Not always. Look at TF:p rime 1st edition Voyager Optimus Prime & Bulkhead of the same wave. They only got 1-shot/1-release in Japan & in America, unless you were at TRU early (January) well before its 'actual' release date, you didnt get it ⁿ There was a cheaper looking version released 2 years later at TRU in limited quantities. I still kick myself for canceling my TakaraTomy Voyager 1st ed Optimus Prime $40.99 preorder because i thought i could get it $20 in USA and at the time $40 seemed asinine for a Voyager. (im looking for one still)

That would be awesome! I doubt the Masterpiece version would be released anytime soon though it could be a 3D cad file already.

They arent "dicks" its them trying to be service to their fans if you ask me its pretty cool. Especially giving us the old deco instead of using 2018s deco again.& making fans have a reissue of the same w/ added accessories. Instead give us a reissue of the original deco, brilliant!

5. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

I guess this is a big deal... for people who have seen the show. But, correct me if I'm wrong, BW Neo has never seen a USA release of any kind, right? It might help move units and/or shore up demand if they could work out a proper DVD/Blu-Ray collection of the show. Otherwise, these Takara releases continue to be too obscure for me (and I already have the original release of this guy from years back).

I guess it will sell well in Asia (or something) cause I don't know how these releases see the light of day! I mean, where's the "anniversary" celebrations or fanfare to push this product? They just release it in a void, with no other product to accompany it? I imagine BW Neo fans feel a little taunted/teased.

Then again, it's Optimus Prime. TF fans need not understand what the program is if it's Optimus Prime, right? :rolleyes2 

6. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

Well, thanks for pointing that out to me, man! :banghead:  :lol 

Sigh....

At least the Seacons are army-buildable, though. So getting a second set wouldn't be as bad as owning 4 versions of this Mastodon Optimus, right? :D 

7. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

it happens often as i have experienced with the masterpiece line which is primarily the only thing I collect (other than original and reissue G1 figures). as far voyager and all that goes, no clue because that's not my thing.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What makes you think the line failed? Or are you just one of those bw haters?

• Like Like x 3
  9. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if all these releases/reissues are a heat check for an MP version.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Where exactly did you get that idea?

11. geekatron prime

geekatron prime Main star of "The Geek of Thrones" TFW2005 Supporter

He may have Neo confused with BW Metals since that wasnt really a big hit in Japan iirc.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I recall reading Metals didn't do as well as a lot of Japanese fans had already bought the Hasbro versions and there was a rather large delay between show and toys - also some of the toys were not in the show - which isn't an issue with the Japanese home-grown shows.
    Also they barely changed the decos on quite a lot of them so not really giving you always a lot of reason to buy them twice - I usually buy a lot of Japanese things and even I was very lacklustre about filling all the gaps in my Metals collection once i've bought the ones that differed in colour - I got a bit lazy about it.

Anyway I may buy this Convoy out of idle interest due to the remould and new weapon - I do wish they'd added the thruster fold in to work properly though when adding the leg extension the legs would be cleaner if the thruster was supposed to fold (some do some just fall off depends on the individual toy so I understand) on my Blue Convoy one folds easily the other one pops off when you try and won't hold in the folded positon when you try to pop it on like that. So perhaps it's more a modling accident than an intentional feature.

13. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I love Beast Wars, it's that Beast Wars Neo failed which was what lead Takara to decide to end the beast era in Japan, leading to Car Robots, which also didn't do very well.

14. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

Honestly, i'd rather have a new mp big convoy than buy my 7th version of this mold, not including customs... but i'm in

15. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Your sequence of events is skewed, bw2 and bwneo both aired before beast wars metals (season 2&3), metals led Takara to car robots, not bwneo. Also a line running it’s course isn’t exactly a failure

• Like Like x 1
  16. Grand Slam

Grand Slam "The sounds of war are history speaking." TFW2005 Supporter

Does anyone know Takara's relationship to the TFCC stuff? Is there any possibility of an Ultra Mammoth re-release, or do I need to hope for a new mold Big Convoy in a mainline series and then a repaint of that from Hasbro?

17. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Takara has nothing to do with the funpub stuff really and hoping for any rereleases of that stuff would be something of a pipe dream in all honesty

• Like Like x 2
  18. Grand Slam

Grand Slam "The sounds of war are history speaking." TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling, but I had checked out during that whole time period, so I wasn't clear on the origins of those.

• Like Like x 2
  19. kary

kary Karyuudo Fansubs

You could always watch the fansub we did of both shows. Then you'll get to understand the stories and characters.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Is he really so popular to justify so many releases?