TakaraTomy 711 MP10 Reveal 7/28

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gaokaiser, Jul 26, 2017.

1. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    That's less than the purchase price, which I think was 25,000 or 27,000 yen.

2. ChuckTurds

ChuckTurds Active Member

I'm relatively new to collecting MP figures, but I understand there is a fairly long history of frustrating experiences with these sorts of rare/exclusive releases. I think a better way for Takara to do it would be to make quantities available to high profile retailers (BBTS, HobbyLink Japan, Robot Kingdom etc) and have them give first dibs to their best customers. Kind of like what exotic car manufacturers do with their small production runs of extra special cars. Obviously it might still be seen as unfair by some, ie people who buy from multiple online shops, or from shops that don't have a significant presence online, but at least the figures would be more likely to get directly into the hand of fans, rather than some price gougers on ebay etc. Just my 2 cents.

3. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I got mine in today from a friend in Japan. He's really nice.

20180307_103254.jpg

20180307_121239.jpg

20180307_125642.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  4. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

It is indeed amazing that this mold keeps selling so well and specially at that price.

That's the reason why a V3 is coming out. OP is a cash cow.

5. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah that won't work out like how you'd want it to. Takara makes these things for the Japanese Market, not for the U.S. Market. There's a reason why certain releases are exclusives, because they're just that. Exclusives. In order for Takara to even consider what you're suggesting, there has to be some kind of distribution or agreement with those e-tailers with Takara or suppliers in order for it to work out (which may involve money being exchanged). And then even in that sense, you could possibly still pay more than the retail cost of say...MP-711 because the e-tailers still have to make a profit. So either way, you're gonna get gouged in some way shape or form. And as some have pointed out, some fans have gotten this particular one in their hands directly. They do live in Japan afterall. As for the rest of us, well...thems the breaks man. Gotta pay to play unfortunately. Which is why there's always sites like Yahoo Japan Auctions where you can not get gouged as much, but you have to use services like Tenso or Buyee to get it especially if the seller isn't willing to ship overseas.

6. Dark Skull

News Credits:
  7. ChuckTurds

ChuckTurds Active Member

You make some good points, especially about the exclusives, by their very nature being exclusively sold by whatever entity wants to attach their branding to it. If 711 Japan wants to add OP to their line of robot figures with 711 branding, why on Earth would they sell it outside of Japan? Its not the premium I mind so much as the people who don't give a damn about the thing buying them up to resell. I suppose I'm just being overly idealistic.

8. DaptoDog

DaptoDog Well-Known Member

My AE pre-order arrived today. Sadly although it was packed pretty well the box has a concave front and back (ie pressed in) though the back is far worse (and also has a weird crease all the way down). Someone else in Australia also had the sides pressed in, anyone else find that on theirs? Oh and it is double taped.

Anyway all of the more reason to open it for display but I'm hoping my NY order arrives in better shape.

9. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    The thing is, it was only an online order on the 7-11 website in Japan. It wasn't available to the outside if I remember correctly. It's just like the BAPE Convoys. Those were only sold in the BAPE stores in Japan, and people had to line up to get a ticket to be able to buy one as long as the store had enough stock. So for the BAPE Convoys...you're gonna get gouged no matter what unless you had a really really really good friend in Japan willing to stand in line for you to get you one at retail plus shipping to you. Now, if they made a MP Pepsi Prime...that could have a possibility of being sold to other markets. But I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

My AE Order is on it's way....now I'm worried. I guess I'll find out soon when it arrives in a few days.

10. CoktimusPrime

CoktimusPrime I see you ;)

This is getting out of hand. Now there are two of them! :cool: 

Mine from Anime Export is also double taped & concave on the back of the box. But I think this is how it was when case fresh. This one I'll keep sealed as I already opened Hasbro MP OP & TT MP Black Convoy.

11. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Anyone own two copies of this guy?

12. DaptoDog

DaptoDog Well-Known Member

Two of my fellow members at Ozformers have also got the concave box. So it seems it may be a thing.

I will shortly. Why do you ask?

13. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    I’ll be getting my second one soon as well. It won’t be MISB by choice.

14. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Yes.

15. ChuckTurds

ChuckTurds Active Member

Assuming my sellers don't renege on the sales I will. Until they actually ship I'm not counting on anything.

16. rotten2shot

rotten2shot H8RED

Make that 3, mine not too bad concave and is kinda weird on the double tape as mine has it on both ends. The very few double tape MP’s I have it’s only been on one end of the box, either way I can’t send it to AFA now

17. CoktimusPrime

CoktimusPrime I see you ;)

All good things comes in threes:
    Starting a family (good luck to anyone having twins, triplets or more :) )
    Triple choc ice-cream
    G1 Insecticons
    Triple changers
    Threesome
    Triple stack giant pancakes
    Transformers 3 - Dark of the Moon (OK probably not)

18. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    needs a slurpee machine... :lol 

19. HairyDawg

HairyDawg UGA - Go Dawgs!

Me. But that is standard for me after getting hosed on EVA Convoy and having to scramble to get one at a reasonable price.

20. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

Number 15: Burger king foot lettuce. The last thing you'd want in your Burger King burger is someone's foot fungus, but that might be what you geát.