Takara's BT-17 Ginrai and BTA-04 Black Convoy Cancelled?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well, i think that it's probably cool to not see Prime/Ginrai, that's IF they have been cancelled.

I would have absolutely no doubt that we WILL see this mold, it's ready to be put into mass-production by both companies and as they've said, BT/Alt are expensive to produce, so they wouldn't want to waste all that money on a toy that seems to be in fairly decent demand, at least for the Alternator release. For Binal Tech, why do they not just make it a limited release like they did Galaxy Force Galvatron?

We've seen in-box pictures of Rollbar/Riccohet but not Prime, he's not due out until later. If they gave the mold a new head suiting Ironhide, perhaps retool a bit of the arms and legs and no blue fists, we could easily have a popular Ironhide toy. There's definately fandom-demand for a Ironhide. There's issues with the name Trailbreaker, and Hasbro said they didn't care much (or the fandom) for Trailbreaker when there were going to make Cyb Overhaul Trailbreaker (as well as trademark issues)

I'm sure that Hasbro will be putting this mold out, they'd be foolish not to, i will still probably get it even if it does end up Prime...However, if Binal Tech isn't doing well like many are saying, then perhaps this year will be the last for Alts. Hasbro already has a set of new molds planned/getting into production as well some the repaints/retools. And with the Neo-G1 line coming up next year, this could be our final year of Alternators.

If that is the case, Mirage and the Dodge Ram are two fine additions to go out on. But who knows, i think that Altnerators has a lot of potential, and even if Australia has cancelled them, and UK/Europe gets crappy distribution, they still sell well everywhere else.

2. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

It's not so much his news efforts, it's that along with his information he has a tendency for doomsaying. Months ago he was declaring the BT line a failure, first because it was clogging the shelves, an obvious indication that it wasn't selling, then because it wasn't clogging the shelves, an obvious indication that no one is ordering it. We saw no real information to back up this supposed failure of the line other than his supposition passed off as fact, and instead we saw release after release after release, including a whole new spin off line, hardly an indication of the wholesale disaster he was portaying it as.

While the end is nigh and the sky is falling rumours are par for the course in this fandom, they take on a whole other level of annoyance when they're passed off as near-fact by the supposed expert on the subject. It ends up snowballing until it turns into regurgitated "truth".

3. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    I guess if he has a habit of being the 'prophets of doom' or quick to criticise, it would get on the nerves of fans. But I haven't noticed it. At least, not often enough for me to dismiss everything he says.
    Mind you, I've been guilty of the same thing. From the beginning of the Universe series, I think I judged it as a series that was doomed to failure. Sure, it did end up failing, but I don't think it was fair to other fans who read my news emails to hear about me complaining all the time that those mere (ugly) recolours were being overpriced into failure.
    TF toys are expensive for their size because of the lengthy development cost involved to engineer all the parts. But if Hasbro releases a non-exclusive recolour of an old TF toy that has already made back the money spent to create it, they shouldn't be pricing the recolour as if they were still needing to make back the development expenses.
    In Australia, the Universe toys were actually *more* expensive than the same-sized, original toys from Armada or Energon. Recolours within a series contribute to the covering of the initial development cost, but recolours of older TF toys, or even reissues, should theoretically be less than the price of current same-sized TF toys.

4. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

His level of professionalism is what conviced me :lol 

5. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

It's probably too late for Hasbro to switch Prime into someone else, considering we've already seen in-package pics of Ricochet and Rollbar, so Prime's packaging is probably already finalised. No big deal, I guess. The Prime alternator looks good, and as mentioned, whoever the Ram was originally intended for will end up being a repaint/remold in the future.

I hope we see a Kup repaint eventually. Why is it that Slugslinger gets an homage in Energon, but there hasnt been a single Kup homage? C'mon, out of the thousands of different homages to come out in recent years, there hasnt been a SINGLE new "Kup"?

It makes me sad. Give the Prime alternator some knees, paint him blue, call him Kup, make my day.

6. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    If HasTak is such an uneasy alliance on this line, and this line can't meet the market desires for both markets (which it hasn't) then maybe it is doomed to fail, and maybe that's for the best. *shrug* We'll get licensed molds for the movie anyway.

7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How many new toys and/or repaints did Hasbro say we'd get this year from the last Botcon? There were so many NEW molds, and so many REmolds. Just curious on that number...

Also, when I actually FIND a Masterpiece Prime (I missed the boat), I plan on having both him and Alt Prime together... because Alt Prime shall be named Ginrai. Yes....

Chris

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe we were promised six new molds this year. I'm sure someone with a better memory will be able to give you a more accurate answer.

9. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *casts summon Nevermore*

:D 

Chris

10. OptimusTattoo

OptimusTattoo Banned

i'm thinking yeah since we can buy it already

11. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, found it..

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread82718.html

Six new molds. Four redecos.

New molds: Optimus, Mirage.
    Redecos: Rollbar, Ricochet.

That means we've still got 6 more toys for 2006 that we don't know about yet, and 4 of them are new molds! The two repaints are PROBABLY Ultra Magnus and a redeco of Skids (Blaster, maybe?). I hope "new mold" doesn't mean "minor remold" (Swindle, Wheeljack) or "new head" (Swerve). If everything goes according to this plan, it'll still be a great year for Alternators!

Chris

12. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Its actually really similar to the RX8 just the front end isn't as rounded. It also can be given that ricer look with a factory body kit like Shockblast was given. The standard car does get missed very easily as I dont notice them on the road.

13. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Well, you can pre-order it, you can't actually buy it yet. There's a slight difference, in which you're basically setting one aside for you, if and when that product is released, and not actually purchasing one that will be delivered to your house in a few days.

Online toy stores put up pre-orders as soon as any pictures or shred of information is released (Alt. Mini Cooper, Tracks redeco as Wheeljack, anyone?) in hopes that people will buy the product from them and not their competitors.

But with the projected release date still a quarter of a year away, anything could happen. And if for some reason the product changes, or is cancelled, or the release date changes, the online store will either cancel your pre-order and refund you the money (if they had indeed already charged you for it), or ask you if you would like to still pre-order the item.

14. The Wombat King

The Wombat King Ruler of a distant land

Once I saw the bigger pic BBTS had I immediately thought of Trailbreaker due to his transformation.
    Here's a quick digibash I did on another board into TB if any of ya are interested.
    Alt Trailbreaker

I think Ironhide and Kup would have made good choices too, but if we do in fact get Prime out of this mold I doubt we'll see an Ironhide given he'd most likely be red too. I'd like to see a Motormaster remould out of this if it does turn out being Prime instead of a Nemesis Prime or Scourge.

15. OptimusTattoo

OptimusTattoo Banned

And now I know............yooooooooooo joeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :banghead: 

16. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Hasbro are happy enough with it being Prime. He's the most recognisable character in 'Transformerdom' I doubt it would be that difficult for them to change the head.

Who knows, maybe the reason they settled on Prime is because they're not 100% happy with the mold either...

As for Slugslinger, that's not a licensed vehicle. Kup is a tricky proposition. The Ram SRT10 only comes in Red, Black or Silver. So unless the pickup body is something other than that toquoise color
    or Dodge aren't too fussy.........

I'm sure Hasbro would like to do Trailbreaker too, but we all know how much trouble that name is causing......

Personally,I was swayed by his expertise on the Japanese street racing scene. :) 

17. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    I'd say we'll see Prowl's redeco before we see Prime's.

18. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More likely a Prowl remold and a Skids remold.

19. GetterDragun

GetterDragun Well-Known Member

News Credits:

What's similar to an RX8? A Cobalt? Maye if you shut your eyes (and I'm not a fan of the RX-8, not my taste personally). Plus most cars offered today have a factory body kit, and there are body kits available for most cars, even cars that really shouldn't have one.

The point is normal econo cars like that will not be an exciting looking product on the shelf. On the other hand I think extreme cars like a Bentley would not fly off the shelf either because it is too obscure of a vehicle to appeal to younger kids. Now we do have the Ford GT coming and another American car I could see getting the BT treatment would be the Saleen S7. But, if you look at the original autobot cars remaining, it is trucks and vans. So if I needed to sell something that would work globally, it would be a Hummer, a Land Cruiser, or even somethink like the new FJ from Toyota.

Plus (open question for everybody), how would Ginrai have fit in the BT story if it takes place just before Transformers: The Movie?

20. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A new head does not count as a remold in Hasbro's eyes.

The mold must have something like 15% of changes to be classed as a remold (If memory serves me right)

Anything below that is a repaint.