Takara Unite Warriors UW-03 Defensor Packaging

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JavaJim, Mar 23, 2022.

1. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

I recently sold my Takara Unite Warriors UW-03 Defensor on eBay which was MIB (I think MISB, been awhile since I uploaded pics). Buyer recently received the item and was unhappy reporting there were no ties in it and thus believe it's been opened. I bought this at BBTS, it was in a separate brown box (see images), and had never opened it. I couldn't find an unboxing video, but I did pull out my Airealbots and from what I can tell it appears they used a double layer plastic to hold the bots, bigger weapons, hands / feet, and only used a tie that I can see on two smaller weapons. Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 5.22.33 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 5.26.19 PM.png

Can anyone share their experience with unboxing this toy? It looks to me like they are using the double layered plastic much like they do for the Masterpiece, Alternity, and Binaltech series.

Appreciate the help/feedback!

Bonus points ---> If you can point me to an unboxing video that would be awesome!

2. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    I know the guns were tied down, can't remember if the figures were as well
    Defensor.jpg

3. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't believe the figures were ever tied down because they used the clamshell packaging, but pretty sure that some of the weapons were tied down with plastic ties.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Clam shell packaging. That's a much better descriptive than I used, and upon reading his explanation again, he used the same clam shell term. Comparing the shots of Defensor above to my Aerialbots, looks like they followed the same pattern. Plastic ties for the small weapons, and everything else was loose. Do you know if they taped the clam shell itself together?

5. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do believe that there was originally tape on at least two sides, if not all four sides, but I could be misrembering that part.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  7. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

I broke down and opened my United Warriors Aieralbots so I could see the clam shell packaging inside and how it works. There is only tape on the bottom, with one piece of tape in the middle of each side (thus 4 pieces of tape). Each piece of tape holds a flap from the top clam shell in place. There's no need for any other tape due to the design. I don't believe anything could have been removed without cutting that tape on the bottom as it frees up that top clam shell. I'm not sure if they are all designed the same way, but that's how the Aerialbots tape/box/clam shell is working.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Thank you @AzT! That pretty much matches up to what I saw on my Aerialbots too.

9. Arnhide

Arnhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only tie downs for the weapons and hand foot guns. Figures are just held in with plastic. Tell the buyer to look for where ties would go for the figures since they claim it’s supposed to have them. There are no holes in the plastic for such ties.

• Like Like x 1