TAKARA TOMY website update:MP Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ultraq, Feb 7, 2008.

1. jbot

jbot Disciple of A3

News Credits:

Hold me.

2. jasonw

jasonw Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna hold ya. Go ahead and slap him, he's being a dick.

3. NoenGaruth

NoenGaruth Not liking ze dizzy...

If it's still the same as the Hasbro one then what was up with that 3 month delay? I was really hopeing there would be SOMETHING that made it better than it's USA counterpart, heck, even just him packaged in the black box would've made me happy.....

ah well, I hope they at least announce Thundercracker soon to make up for the cheapness of this release.

4. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Well, there is a mold difference, regardless of how ridiculously minor it may be - the USA edition is made with Skywarp's mold, so that it's nice and pointy and can stab your eye out on the tail fins. That and the Decepticon symbol are all you get. This stuff was reported at least a month ago.

5. NoenGaruth

NoenGaruth Not liking ze dizzy...

Well at least that's good to hear, since I have Skywarp and I'm very happy with him as he's nice and sturdy.

Also have they set a release date for him yet? or are they just gonna one day go "SUPRISE!"

6. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    He was released today/yesterday.

Randy

7. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

Heh, glad I got my WM SS. I just wish I would have held on to my extra.

8. Autobot Optimus

Autobot Optimus Autobot Commander

According to etoysjapan.com with the Takara version "There are a few parts that are different from the Hasbro version. The pilot is now in white and face painted with skin color. (Guessing they mean Dr. Archeville) Because of safety issue, Hasbro has modified the wing and a few more parts, Takara has them restored to original design for their release." So I wouldn't be surprised to still see some differences. I'm wondering if there will be 2 different Takara releases for the anime Starscream. One of just the actual US version and one more of the GreenScream mold in Anime colors maybe without the damage paintjob. Either way here's a link to the order page with pics:
    http://www.etoysjapan.com/index.php...ion=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

9. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Um, wasn't that exactly how the US Archeville came? Mine's white plastic with a flesh colored face, and I know *I* didn't do it.

10. Autobot Optimus

Oh is it? I don't know! I only have the GreenScream version. How do the wings on yours compare with the ones in the pics?

11. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Near as I can tell they're identical. I think the only thing significantly changed might be pointier tips on the blue tailfins, but I can't seem them in those pics to tell.

12. Autobot Optimus

Yeah and I honestly think the more rounded tips would be less likely to catch on things and snap or crack. I really wish I could have found the actual US version... I watched 4 different Walmarts around here and never saw anything. I talked to a clerk at one last week and she said they had them in 4 days before Christmas and sold out the day they came in.