Takara Tomy T-Spark Project - Adamas Machina Rodimus & Predaking

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ThePrime84, Apr 30, 2024.

1. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

They did have a sketch of the design floating around before the official comic reveal, don't they? Which was what MMC's altmode design was based on.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

Perfect! I got like, 5 Optimus bucks so after currency conversion I'll still have like 3 Optimus bucks left!

• Like Like x 5
  3. blaine71274

blaine71274 Recovering completist, recently fell off the wagon

So is this a Takara engineered product, or a product design endorsed by Takara? Same as Three Zero type situation?

4. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    タカラトミーよりハイターゲット向け新ホビーレーベル「T-SPARK」誕生! : Game+速報
    Takara Tomy has announced that it will launch a new hobby label for high- end customers , ``T - SPARK , '' starting in the summer of 2024.

“T- SPARK ” will be added to the three long-selling series “ Transformers ,” “ ZOIDS ,” and “ Diaclone, ” as well as five new series “Steel Machine God Adamas Machina ,” “REALIZE MODEL,” “TOY RISE ,” and “Project M” (tentative name). , series name will be announced this summer), and ``Metamorverse'', the lineup includes a total of 8 series, and was unveiled for the first time at the ``62nd Shizuoka Hobby Show '' held today, May 8th (Wednesday).

The new hobby label "T- SPARK " brings together Takara Tomy 's robot and mechanical technology and collaborates not only with its own IP such as " Transformers ", " ZOIDS " and " Diaclone ", but also with famous designers and companies and popular content from other companies. We plan to further expand our range of products for older customers (targeted at ages 15 and up) .

Reservations for the newly added 5 Series will begin in the summer of 2024 on Takara Tomy's official shopping site `` Takara Tomymall ' ' ( takaratomymall.jp ).

1. "Steel Machine God Adamas Machina " (pronunciation: Steel Machine God = Adamas Machina ) is a new interpretation of the coolness of robot and mechanical content such as " Transformers " and " ZOIDS " and is expressed as an alloy model.

2. ``REALIZE MODEL '' is an action plastic kit with improved ``super movement'', ``ease of assembly'', and ``collectability''.

3. "TOY RISE " , a real toy product that stimulates the imagination of users

4. Completed action figure “Project M” designed by Yoji Shinkawa (tentative name, series name to be announced this summer)

5. ``Metamolverse'', a collaborative project with hobby manufacturer Juya Co., Ltd., is a set of movable character plastic kits and robot mecha kits that can be worn and played.We plan to develop a diverse lineup of robots, plastic kits, figures, and more.

What is “T-SPARK”?

Steel Machine God Adamas Machina
    A new interpretation of the coolness of robot/mecha content, expressed as an alloy model. A product that pursues and reproduces its charm down to the texture. We will build a new robot/mecha image through design arrangements by various creators. The company's IPs `` Transformers '' and `` ZOIDS '' have been transformed into alloy models as the first in the ``Steel Machine God Adamas Machina '' series, and have been reborn with new concepts and new specifications. In the future, we plan to expand the series with various robot contents, both from our own companies and from other companies.

The first alloy model in the " Transformers " series. We have commercialized the popular young warrior "Hot Rod (Rodimus)" who appeared in the animated movie " Transformers The Movie " ( released in 1986 ). Designed based on the arrangement design of `` KURO KARA KURI'' Rodimus Prime by creator team `` Flame Toys '', it is finished in a sophisticated and stylish shape that expresses the metal life experience unique to an alloy model. It also features transformation into vehicle mode and a wide range of movable gimmicks, allowing you to take on a variety of poses just as you imagine it to be in action in the movie.

• Release date: 2025
    • Reservation acceptance starts: Summer 2024
    • Suggested retail price: TBA

• Like Like x 4
  5. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Takara engineered.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Everything in that press release screams "expensive", but of course some of that might be simply buzzwords to generate hype, and there are multiple levels of expensive before we reach Flame Toys pricing. Still, while I'll keep my fingers crossed that the price for yhese figures will be reasonable (individual perception may vary), I won't be extremely surprised if it turns out to be even higher than we fear.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    I definitely worry about price here. Overly randomly pointy spiky Hot Rod has never been my favorite design so I wouldn't pay a lot for this. Predaking, though...

8. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    yeah actually unless i missed something, i think making this voyager sized probably makes the most sense, as it a) scales better for most collections, and b) doesnt step on the toys of the original ft figure

9. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    So, for what i understand:

T-SPARK is new laber for adult-oriented products, judging from the youtube channel, Adult-oriented Zoids kit, MPG and Diaclone will fall under this brand now.

On top of that, other 5 new adult oriented lines are announced: Steel Machine God Adamas Machina (Alloy TF and Zoids models for now), REALIZE MODEL (Maybe some Master grade level kit ?), TOY RISE (Real toy...?) , Project M (Kojima shit), Metamolverse (The brave models? )

10. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The metamolverse is stuff that doubles as usable for cosplay (?).

11. Onilink

News Credits:
    From T-Spark Site (that rebranding is confusing at hell), these are ALL new line under the T-Spark label:

1) Adamas Machina
    [​IMG]

Alloy models from Transformers and Zoids, should NOT be model kit.

From description:
    Finished alloy model series
    A new interpretation of the coolness of Takara Tomy robot and mechanical content is expressed as an alloy model. A product that pursues and reproduces its charm down to the texture. A new robot/mecha image will be constructed through design arrangements by various creators.

2) REALIZE MODELS
    [​IMG]
    Zoids (For now) Master Grade kits

From description:
    1/100 scale
    action plastic kit series
    A 1/100 scale action plastic kit series that is highly movable, easy to assemble, and highly collectible. Not only the number of parts, size, design, and structure, but also the developer's pursuit of Coser's perspective, making every ideal a reality.

3) TOYR!SE
    [​IMG]

The Brave Series

From Description:
    Completed real toy product series

This is a product that incorporates Takara Tomy's rich experience and knowledge. Its functions are more than just new gimmicks; they provide creative play that stimulates the user's imagination. Each item exhibits its own unique charm with a sense of free scale. Furthermore, common standard joints are used and customization is possible.

4) METAMOR VERSE
    [​IMG]

Things that you don't want to show to your family (The cosplay things)

From Description:

1/10 scale
    character movable plastic kit series

Collaborative project with hobby manufacturer Juya Co., Ltd. The world is set in a multiverse, and characters from various content come together. In addition to original characters, we also plan to develop characters from our own IP, including ``ZOIDS'' and ``Transformers.'' Product details are scheduled to be announced this summer.
    [​IMG]

5) PROJECT M
    [​IMG]

Yoji Shinkawa Shit & Giggles

From Description:

Completed action figure series

A complete action figure series designed by Yoji Shinkawa will start this fall.
    The series name and product details will be announced this summer.

Yoji Shinkawa
    Born in 1971. Born in Hiroshima Prefecture. He joined KONAMI in 1994. As the art director for the ``Metal Gear He is Solid'' series, he is in charge of all art including characters, backgrounds, and mechanical design. He retired from the company in 2015 and joined Kojima Productions, a new studio founded by Hideo Kojima. He is in charge of art direction for the studio's Death Stranding series.

ACTUALLY THEY ONLY HAVE THESE 5 LABELS UNDER THE T-SPARK BRAND.
    No MPG, ML.

• Like Like x 7
  12. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    As long as the product looks as good as that AMT-01 Rodimus in the Adamas line and what has been revealed, rebrand/layer it away!

Support the cause, and ***insert your character *** has a higher chance of happening in whatever line. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  13. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    You covered me! Many thanks. :lol 

14. lord ginrai

News Credits:
    Transformers, Zoids and Diaclone now all fall under T-Spark as well. Just consider it Takara’s answer to Bandai Spirits. It’s just a sub-brand that encompasses al their adult collector-oriented stuff.

I’m very curious to see what kind of collaborations and other company’s IPs they’ll put out under the new label. I love that Adamas Machina appears it’s just gonna be random, cool, one-offs. That’s perfect for TT, who love to do weird shit.

Last edited: May 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Onilink

News Credits:
    Also the TF mainline and kids stuff?

16. lord ginrai

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Skylanderformer

Skylanderformer (yells)

upload_2024-5-10_8-28-54.gif

18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    This pretty much cements my belief that T-spark is to TakaraTomy what Tamashii Nations is to Bandai; a dedicated collectors division. Good. This has been a long time coming. Annual birth rate is still low and the target demographic in Japan isn’t getting any younger. If this helps with their economic survival and nets more Transformers aimed at an older audience then us older fans worldwide all benefit from this.

I’m not surprised by this as some mainline figures sold stateside in recent years were instead released as TakaraTomy Mall exclusives in Japan. So it makes sense for Takara to concentrate efforts on an older audience even more than before.

Sky’s the limit, things seemingly thought impossible before have been proven possible by both Bandai and Takara this year. Takara making new Braves toys despite Bandai now owning Sunrise and Bandai making an SOC Shinkalion not to mention their previous Takara x TamashiiNations Dream Together collaborations.

T-Spark x Tamashii Nations Missing Link Jetfire and DX Jetfire have a nice ring to them. If T-Spark gets a Macross license it’s just a matter of time, doubly so if they get a Robotech movie toy license(due to HG and BW’s agreement in 2021, the Robotech movie from Sony can be released in Japan unopposed).

Cool to see companies collaborate as we all benefit that way.

Last edited: May 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  19. FlintandStone

FlintandStone Well-Known Member

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't at least on their minds right now. The original Jetfire toy was already fairly articulated for an early 80s toyline, so less work would need to be done to retool it into something more akin to modern articulation. Also, yeah, easy Macross/Robotech retools from a Jetfire mold as well.

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Big thing is Jetfire was never released in Japan too, so a Missing Link Jetfire would be very fitting.

• Like Like x 1