Takara Tomy Siege Display At Tokyo Toy Show – First Look At Siege Deluxe Mirage Toy

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Jun 12, 2019.

1. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    I'm furrowing my brow as I think about this one, which I'm sure what's going to keep on happening until I see a video or get him in hand. Mirage; the 'bot that aged me ten years.
    Ok, so how does the nose splitting down the middle work with this?

2. shiftshock

shiftshock Well-Known Member

Impactor doesn\'t look very good. Just passable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    The splitting nose covers the central "spine" that the front wheels and fins are on, and forms the inner/back of the calves the whilst the wheels n' fins concertina/swing/fold up somehow into the chest acting as filler.

• Like Like x 1
  4. barry

News Credits:
    ok, that's definitely plausible! I just wish they'd show us the back and stop teasing!

• Like Like x 2
  5. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    I really wonder if this is a pre-tool of Slapdash. Front end of the car becomes the legs, rear of car becomes torso and arms. Basically the opposite of the traditional Mirage transformation.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Welp, I think I'm wrong there, shoulda looked back at the CG!
    [​IMG]
    I'm revising my guess to the front fins folding up into the calves...somehow, and I'm starting to think the transformation might have some swanky twists and turns to it, like maybe a waist 180°, and a 90° at the thighs and nose cone?

• Like Like x 3
  7. barry

News Credits:
    looking at the waist bit directly beneath the nosecone, I can definitely see some sort of waist swivel. I think it's safe to assume that the 'cockpit' is the back. The lower legs definitely contain the front tires. I'm going back to my original assumption that the translucent calves will fold down over the split spoiler and wheels. The arms are...very interesting. that's his forearms forming the white section directly beneath the rear spoiler and his upper arms forming the outer section, which suggests there's more mass underneath that I wasn't expecting. I'm imagining the rear wheels will hinge round to rest on the back, as suggested by the hinges where his chest meets his shoulders. Am I imagining his fake chest spoiler on the undercarriage just behind the front wheels in vehicle mode? This is definitely going to be an interesting one to get in hand.

• Like Like x 2
  8. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

Well, I hope this looks better as a finished product/in hand than it does in these pictures. Man, that spoiler looks kind of bad, imo. Robot mode looks pretty decent, but I'm kind of disappointed in this so far.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I wish the spoiler would sit back a little and not be right on top of the tires.

10. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    impactor looks to be nearly voyager sized like a lot of people guessed

• Like Like x 2
  11. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    Impactor looks huge. Siege has spoiled me with filling those hollow areas but I\'m betting in hand I\'ll be less focused on those. He\'ll be great with my Classics wreckers. 
    Mirage looks decent, but continues the trend of siege deluxes not having necks. A real good Mirage toy for those missing ihim, but I may pass myself. Still have the \'06 one and that imo is one of the best Classics molds even today. Excited for Springer, too! 

• Like Like x 1
  12. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Yeah, top it off with a possible TFSafari gap filler and leg extender and he'll be fine IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Gunpla and Cow Master

From the looks of it, his robot mode "Carhood" chest is a fakeout.

14. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's totally a fake out. Which is fine with me cause the fake hood looks really good on the robot mode and the real hood helps the alt mode. I'm really curious how this Mirage will look like next to Classics Mirage. I owned Classics Mirage and even though it was a -great- figure, it was super spindly. I'm looking forward to a slightly 'beefier' Mirage.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    im hoping for a set from nonnef personally, the tfsafari sets are good, but their makers are making no attempts to color match pieces

• Like Like x 1
  16. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Oh wow...
    Wasn't aware of that since I've only bought the one for Ironhide. If they don't have a set that coordinates properly with the upcoming Ratchet then I might just skip it. Grey gap fillers for Impactor would be a disappointment to I'll check what Nonnef has to offer as well.

• Like Like x 1
  17. tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yea, so far everything from tfsafari has been grey or white. even shockwaves lab made no attempts to color match their soundwave kit, after color matching for the dia atlas kit

• Like Like x 1
  18. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

So I am actually digging Mirage. His alt mode is decent enough, especially considering it being a "Cybertronian" Formula 1 car.... The clear plastic looks decent. I bet he would look great with the inevitable Reprolabels that will come out. Honestly my biggest complaint is that the missile tip is hollow AF. His other weapons look great, and I am very happy that he is getting his full arsenal as opposed to the other Autobot cars. This should easily beat out the CW and Classics versions for my collection.

Springer looks amazingm and Omega Supreme snatching Thundercracker just makes me giddy. They can't get here soon enough!

Side note, am I only the one who's very unsatisfied with Impactor's derpy face? Easily worst in the line if you ask me, including the Micromasters and Battlemasters...

• Like Like x 4
  19. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Oh, well white might be okay for Ratchet but we haven't even seen that yet so fingers cross that it all works out even Impactor who clearly has the inner waffle calves in order to be taller.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This looks to be my favourite CHUG Mirage - as long as the back, etc, isn't all hollow, and so on. The translucent plastic is a nice homage to his invisibility trick. This is looking like a must-have, so far.

• Like Like x 2