Takara Tomy Premium Finish WFC Megatron & Bumblebee Movie Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dann86, Jun 9, 2021.

1. DubV

DubV AKA: Don Fuego

You done got me with the animation cell version, the G2 camo version, and again with the matrix wielding netflix version (that one has better paint than this one!), but there’s NO way you convince me to buy a 4th version of this mold!!!

2. Obnimaz

Obnimaz Well-Known Member

I really wanted to like the Premium series, but these paint jobs are not cutting it. Those in the US, the Kingdom Spoiler pack with an objectively nicer Megatron is $35 on Walmart.com right now

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    how many times do they have to repaint & rerelease this damn mold to get rid of all the unwanted copies?!

4. Gee Won 1984

Gee Won 1984 Cobra Kaitron

I only got the Premium Finish BB Prime because it was cheaper than buying the SS one on Ebay. There is no way I'm buying another WFC Megatron (unless it was a gun version). I bought every version of it that was released already, and that was a lot! Now if they put that metal plate on Megatron's chest that Wheeljack welded over his wound in the show, I might consider it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

Wow, Megatron was one of the few remaining preorders I had left for this sub-line and it looks looks...pretty terrible. $50 saved it is!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  6. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    You realize that's not how toy manufacturing works. They don't actually pull unsold copies, get them out of their boxes, and repaint. That would be completely insane (and about 5x more expensive than just producing the figure regularly).

• Like Like x 6
  7. RVDA

RVDA Toy Designer.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I think it's the same decal printing technique they use for the faces on Star Wars figures. Think some WFC toys used it too? Except it's done with way too much spacing between the dots here so it just looks. Bad. That's even going to be noticeable in person.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

I've just preordered the PF prime. I'm a sucker for the mold and that opening sequence from the movie so I'll have this the mp and the original hasbro release.

As for megs I have the original hasbro, the Netflix version and the spoiler pack one which I think looks great so I've no need for this. Plus I have the ER g2 megs for good measure so I'm good.

9. Chris Bot

Chris Bot AutoChrisbot

News Credits:
    Er yeah, that obvious dot matrix printing pattern for the battle damge is not pretty. Do not want.

10. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The vibrant red on Megatron and the uniformly metallic plastic look nice, but that dot-matrix battle damage is awful.

11. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

Megatron looks like he got ripped from a comic book. It hurts my eyes. This is not worth the leader class price. I’d rather pay the aftermarket premium for the Netflix version.

12. G1 Grimlock

G1 Grimlock Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Can\'t wait to buy Premium Finish War For Cybertron Trilogy Megatron 

13. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is incredible. I'm not even sure why they bothered with the Earthrise mold of Megatron, really. He's been utterly useless as the numbers go. One, maybe two waves, one legitimate release (possibly a repack down the line in ER, I can't really remember), and then nothing.

Let's rerun the count of this mold's usage...
    1.) Siege
    2.) Animation cel-shaded
    3.) G2 Combat
    4.) Netflix
    5.) Earthrise (since it uses the core of Siege and builds outward a bit)
    6.) Netflix (again)
    7.) G2 Megatron
    8.) Shattered Glass Megatron (the one reuse, aside from the initial Netflix repaint, that I fully approve of.)
    9.) now this mess.

I'll laugh if when they finally assemble it and throw it in the box, it collapses just by virtue of being much like TRU's MP Rodimus did with the exploding/disintegrating shoulders and whatnot.

Absolutely ridiculous how they keep milking this mold. It's a testament to the materials used in the mold that it's held up this long. Wow.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Well-Known Member

YAAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNN.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Galavard

Galavard Member

Pass, have the original Netflix one, sure the pain is chipping and the sword doesn\'t want to stay in place, but I like that version because it still holds up.

16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I believe if the SIEGE Megatron mold is used two more times, it equals the SIEGE Seeker usage and once more to equal the Earthrise Seeker.

You could have an army of Megatrons. And as an added layer of irony, I've never seen regular Earthrise Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DubV

DubV AKA: Don Fuego

Oh but you have… He smiles at you from behind new paint and hides behind some remolding on occasion, but he’s there, watching…

I get what you meant, just couldn’t resist. He does hang out at Ollies from time to time. Apparently he can’t resist their deals and their copper frying pan set is the only thing the energon won’t stick to. Rumor has it he also enjoys those soft fleece blankets.

18. prime241

prime241 Westbeasty

Twitter:
    Hard pass, I'm happy with my weird Earthrise/Siege mashup custom that I did. This is just so bizarrely messy and those tampo's are so awful

19. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

megs-v-megs.jpg
    Wasn't... wasn't this supposed to be silver? Weren't there supposed to be silver thighs? Wasn't the bucket supposed to match the face? All they did here was add extra tampo hits and a little black paint to the elbows. And those tampo hits are way more halftone than the initial sample, not to mention missing from the thighs. This is totally unacceptable at any price, especially for fifty bucks!

w5H_ZH0KhhGEf1_9hO3VMttD_hXrTCriwlgPomp0cKM.jpg
    "All right, that's it! I've been scorched by Krusty before. I got a rapid heartbeat from his Krusty brand vitamins, my Krusty Kalculator didn't have a 7 or an 8, and Krusty's autobiography was self-serving with many glaring omissions. But this time, he's gone too far!"

• Like Like x 3
  20. VVa

VVa I play to win, and I'm not a good loser.

Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    The head on the ER Megs is hideous. Besides, Megatrons in their Cybertronian forms rule.

• Like Like x 1