Takara-Tomy now participating in Unicron Crowd Fund

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Gamerlingual, Jul 25, 2019.

1. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I'm not so sure. Usually, TFs in Japan (in the age of this new combined/shared toyline era) are basically similar to the US. Prior to this, TT versions would be more expensive (for various reasons like shipping, perhaps), and so TT would make their own versions stand out from Hasbro's to compensate. With Unicorn, there are seemingly no differences.

2. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    Indeed you were! I'm positively shocked it's as "low" as it is.

Just frustrates me even more. It's lower than I expected, but still too ludicrously high for me to try to justify to myself, but now I'll be trying to use that to talk myself into it. "Come on man...it's less than a thousand...go on..do it...do it.:

This toy is absolutely amazing but I still just can't pay that much for a toy when there's so many other "real life" stuff that needs to come first.

• Like Like x 4
  3. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    So we think that if there are 7,999 orders in the US and 20k orders in Japan, it’s not getting produced? There’s no way.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    5 per transaction, not 5 per person

takara prices are always different from hasbro

takaras orders count towards the 8000, thats why its being referred to as haslab unicron by takara and why theyre calling it a global crowdfund (even though its only available in 3 countries so far)

• Like Like x 4
  5. panchozer0

panchozer0 Active Member

Ebay:
    I think part of the reason it's more expensive compared to the US is that there is a 10% consumption tax in Japan, and law requires it be included in the total stated cost. When I order stuff from Amazon JP the cost goes down by about 10% since I'm not a Japanese resident.

• Like Like x 3
  6. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not according to Hasbro at SDCC. Which is dumb and makes no sense, but still, that's what they said.

7. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Actually yes, warden used the exact same terminology when asked about Takara releasing unicron, he clawed it a global endeavor, unless you can provide a quote and interview where he definitively says Takara orders don’t count

8. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

Thats like saying the entire country of japan doesnt care for this figure. Thats saying a lot. I doubt thats the case....

9. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    If you look at the magazine pics you'd think Hasbro had nothing to do with it at all.

• Like Like x 2
  10. transform75

transform75 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sure but usually the gap is not that big. Over 100$

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fenrys

News Credits:
    the gap for most figures is a roughly 50% markup. a $20 hasbro deluxe is usually $30 for the takara version. $30 voyagers are $45-$50 from takara, $50 leaders are $80-$100

• Like Like x 1
  12. transform75

transform75 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not always, when I ordered from hlj/ Japanese website, leaders have a 10$$ markup. You think it is 30 because you see prices of American websites importing them maybe? But here the stocks is from japan. And again, should not be that big

• Like Like x 3
  13. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I suspect this thing is going to have to get opened up to more places around the world in order to get funded. I wish they would have just done so from the get go.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

It might simply be volume/weight shipping price. 20lbs and the size of this box could just cost significantly more in Japan than the US. I am assuming shipping is included like it is on Haslab. If its not than yeah crazy price.

15. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    It's insane that there is not clarity on this for the fandom for this once in a lifetime project. First of all there should be official clarity in the first place, but regardless it should have been cleared up at SDCC where everyone already knew TakaraTomy was doing this. Why are we in the dark? We cannot be afraid to ask these questions. We are too often in the dark on the things that really matter to us.

Ideally their orders count towards the 8000, whether it ends up needing them or not. Let's play the percentages.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I wish they would clarify this, it would make it easier for me to pull the trigger knowing there is a better chance of reaching the goal.

17. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    As I said before, I'm just a nobody. No inside info. No nothing. Just years of experience as a collector in Japan.

But common sense says they're not gonna promote the HELL out of this thing at SDCC and again in that gorgeous 10 page spread in the Japanese magazine if they weren't really, really damn sure it's gonna happen.

The big ticket item toys I've seen crowdfunded all came through, and some even vastly EXCEEDED the limits....Greyskull, Snake Mountain, and The Sail Barge absolutely killed it on the last day.

BE PATIENT. THE SKY IS NOT FALLING. This WILL happen...they just like to build suspense and anticipation.

Relax and enjoy the ride.

I've told myself I can't let myself buy this...but now the voice in my head is telling me "Hey bro...you've essentially quit MPs...you've been so good. Buy it. BUY IT!"

The suspense for me isn't if it's gonna get made or not....it IS....the question in my mind is if I'm gonna cave and decide I NEEEEEED this thing!!

God, it is one beautiful toy. Robot mode is cool as hell, but I love the planet mode better, hands down.

• Like Like x 6
  18. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    You know, if you're really that concerned about it, then why don't you have enough of this "We are in the dark. We cannot be afraid." business and just go and ask them those questions yourself?

19. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Does the TT site show how many have ordered in Japan? Does the haslab site include numbers from Japan?

20. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    where were you all this time you do know transformer toys where never ever in scale with one another g1 prime goes to g1 metroplex waist what that say metroplex is city and prime is half his size in toy form you proper scale of transformers watch movies, cartoon series , and comics with video games.

If scale is main concern you shouldn’t buy transformer toys ever g1 ultra Magnus is same size as g1 trypticon leg , omega surpreame is bigger to g1 metroplex toy in cartoon, comics, video games , cartoons he is not., scale there was never no scale to transformer toys:rolleyes2 

People want this bad enough they can afford it what is price for any third party combiners more than 574. Reissue of master prime version is 445 don’t see no complaints about that figure being that much for one toy master piece, never saw one complaint about third party combiners set toys cost 600 for whole set people bought them with no complaints

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 3