Takara Tomy MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TTemploy, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

Twitter:
    I feel like they added the gimmick afterwards from the way they seem to have engineered and designed this figure, it could just be me though, however I'm not saying that the feet are excusable. The doors seem to fold into the feet so it appears that they just decided to make that gimmick since there was space inside the cab, it seemed to be the case for MP-44 as well so I don't doubt it. There's also no space for the doors to compress into the torso evident by the messy and gappy backpack.

2. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, but this is a 2.0 and for them they have to push innovation. Transformers is a 2nd tier entity there, if all you want is a clean @ss robot there are literally 20 other different robots you can choose from. There are some things is does better some things it doesn't. The face actually looks okay in some angles meh in others. The inside of the feet don't come out looking attractive, but I can live with that I just wished our first impression wasnt him posed by who knows who, half bent over with his @ss out.

• Like Like x 3
  3. comicmikez

comicmikez Active Member

I'm under the impression the transformation can still be modified further. The description says something along the lines of "...because of the rich joints...pose as you wish!". Like many figures with many points of articulation, those almost never look correct on showroom floors. I believe the feet and backpack will be able to be cleaned up. That said, I'm also betting collectors will be able to put him in much better poses than this one pose.

• Like Like x 4
  4. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even if the first MP Bumblebee didn't exist, this new one would still be ugly as sin!

Kill it! Destroy the brain!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sam

Sam 189 days

News Credits:
    Some decent pics do make quite a big difference to my impression of the face:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  6. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have mixed feelings on this. I love the proportions and the head sculpt. I'm not a fan of the mangled feet and backpack (I can tolerate the feet). Maybe someone else can do better, but what we've seen with the 3rd party MP cliffjumpers shows that there's only so much you can do when the bot has to be quite small. Not to mention, have pretty unrealistic proportions in alt mode. Maybe our frustrations would be better placed on the G1 animation designers who really created this mess of impossibilities.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    I’m not a fan of a messy backpack either. I am too convinced that it may be mistransformed. 3A5B81B0-7A8E-4F99-90DC-FA468B172070.jpeg This part in particular looks oddly shaped and serves no purpose as far as I can tell for the altmode. Maybe that’s mistransformed as well.
    Also, that little disc on his back... the way it overlaps the window, in an attempt to make it look more like bb’s back, convinces me it is also mistransformed.
    Well, here’s to hoping some TT intern was tasked at posing this guy without having had the luxury of a proper instructions sheet!

• Like Like x 4
  8. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Poor little guy.

• Like Like x 2
  9. chchchch

chchchch Floptimus Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    You're right about these pics, and while I wouldn't say the face couldn't POSSIBLY be better, I think it's a perfectly valid interpretation of the 2D animation (other people may come up with different interpretations, which is also fine). Personally, it's pretty spot-on to me and is at about the same level as all of TT's recent face sculpts, save perhaps MP-36 and MP-44 S2 which are beyond perfect.

I also didn't realize that the lanky, smooth, gently flared legs are actually really important to what I want out of a toon MP Bumblebee, and this certainly nails that. He should look like a guy wearing dark grey sweatpants, haha.

• Like Like x 6
  10. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you forget to post the ones that make it look better? :D  Honestly, though, I wish I had your positivity.

Actually, if you cover up the chin, the rest of the face doesn’t look *as* terrible in those photos. Still not what it could have been though.

• Like Like x 4
  11. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

TWO backpacks? :eek: 

• Like Like x 2
  12. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the backpack wasn't hanging off in the air like that, I think it would be a lot less complaints.

• Like Like x 4
  13. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Looking further at the mess that is v2 Bumblebee here makes me remember how much people were bashing 3rd party company X-Transbots version of Cliffjumper/Hubcap for having most of his vehicle on his back.

Thing is...at least his backpack looks cleaner.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  14. motorthing

motorthing Carry on you Wayward Son

News Credits:
    That looks fucking abysmal.

I'm out. WAAAAAAAAY out.

• Like Like x 5
  15. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

I think the biggest issue for me personally is Bee's absurdly long chin. Consider the promotional image where Bee's forearm is covering up his chin. From this angle his face looks bang on.
    [​IMG]

Then compare it to the actual display piece.

[​IMG]

Bumblebee's chin is huge! it looks awkward. I suspect this is because the alternate faces have open mouths and need the space for an extended jaw. This long jaw look works well with characters like Megatron because the original animation model had an extremely strong jawline to begin with. Bee on the other hand looks off here as his jaw looks too elongated. I'm hoping that one of the alternate open-mouth faces will look better. If so, I'll probably be displaying Bumblebee with his mouth open to offset the awkward proportions of his face.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

(Kramer throws open the door and slides in the room in one movement...)

"I'm out!"

This looks horrible. Just horrid.

If they're going with deformed, chibified penny-racers for alt-modes, I'm going to save myself some money and energy. Lots.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Khaotika

Khaotika Desire Is Dead

I like him, the colors are spot on (including the correct yellow), the feet are a compromise I can live with, the face is mostly correct. I can deal with the backpack, at least on the upper part, but that giant hump sticking out from the small of his back (which Robotmonkeys has pointed out, thanks btw) is really bothering me.

18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    At 1st glance there's already a tone going on compared to MP21. Looks like it has more parts off the bat compared to 21. There's got to be more that comes with it though. Waiting to see the accessories and more optional parts beyond the laser blasts.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Toonstrack

Toonstrack Titan Master

I dont think Ive ever seen a thread take a 180 so fast like this after reveals, but I agree this all doesn't look very good at all. Maybe TT should reconsider this whole slavish-to-cartoon aesthetic after this, I mean Bee isn't the only character with an infeasible Transformation like this....

• Like Like x 9
  20. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

You know, it's amazing.

MP-21 Bumblebee is everything I want an MP to be. The character is immediately recognisable, he's got a realistic altmode, the transformation is super fun, the figure can be put in every pose I want to put him and more (but I'll admit I'm not into extreme poses), and he's got a very clean robot mode with very little kibble and a torso, arms and legs that are nice solid pieces.

The new MP Bumblebee is everything I hate about the design of the current MP figures. The altmode has sacrificed realism, the transformation is a complex proces of folding panel after folding panel, and the robot mode is overly cartoon based (with little details) when seen from the front, and an utter mess of folded panels and gaps when seen from every other angle.

What's also amazing is that when MP-21 was released people criticised the car part on his back and the tiny panels on his lower arms. Really, it was. Hard to believe with the current designs.

• Like Like x 25