Takara Tomy MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TTemploy, Feb 4, 2019.

1. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dammit.

• Like Like x 3
  2. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Panelformers, the evolution of old shellformers.

• Like Like x 2
  3. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    I call them Popple-formers. Especially Optimus v 3. Cause they're literally just turning the toy inside out. The two modes share no common parts. There's an entirely faux set of alt mode parts to hang on the robot, and vice versa.

To me, that's not even a Transformer anymore.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

1)Use the ignore button
    2)Calling the horse a horse is not an insult.
    3)Not my problem you are annoyed, despite me having obviously having hit a cord in there.

• Like Like x 2
  6. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Same here. Looks pretty much perfect to me.

• Like Like x 4
  7. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Hahaha, it looks like shit. They should rename this line "Shellformers Masterpiece", since all they do these days is stick the alt mode on the back. And then people will modify it so it has no backpack and can't transform. And then, once again, I say we should just make Action Masters for these people who want this crap instead.

I hope everyone's happy. This is the direction TakaraTomy is going. Some of us said it was bad. Nobody listened. Maybe now they will (they won't but I'll pretend otherwise).

• Like Like x 10
  8. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

You know you've done fucked up when even Ambitron doesn't want your Bumblebee figure!

:lol 

Man the only redeeming quality about this figure is the alt-mode which looks very good. Wow, this figure actually looks like something a third party company would make not TT. MP-21 has been taken off ebay and is staying put, right where he belongs......on my shelf.

• Like Like x 9
  9. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It just looks like everything should line up though
    tf1.jpg
    Instead of up, it looks like that butt panel should rest in the other direction against his butt, but we haven't seen that yet, they have his legs in an extreme pose, they're so rotated he's almost sitting or doing the cossack dance. I'm just disappointed as it looks like that panel should rest on his butt allowing the hinges in the other parts to extend and lay flatter with the roof resting on top of the corner windows. They really should have chose a vanilla pose so we could see how he looks straight up standing at attention.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    Special Edition “Animation Error” Bumblebee :lol 
    :confused2 

• Like Like x 6
  11. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    I don't know if the back is mistransformed or not. I hope so, as what I'm seeing from the side doesn't look great to me. I don't quite get the comments regarding the face sculpt though. To me it looks quite spot on. My biggest issue is the feet at the moment really. I don't like the feet. :( 

I was all excited when seeing the vague photo of that poster yesterday, Bumblebee looked great (although the feet looked strange, but hey, photo was blurry, so who knows...), but now I'm not sure anymore. Parts look good (head, chest, arms and legs), others look bad (sides, feet)... :confused: 

Hopefully we get some proper photos soon. Preferably a 360 degrees shot like we get with all MPs, where Bumblebee is in a normal position, up straight, so that we can properly see the back and his feet. I haven't made up my mind yet if I like this release or not. I'm afraid that this will only look good straight from the front. Waiting for different photos of him to make up my mind...

• Like Like x 4
  12. Temp1

Temp1 Well-Known Member

Think it looks great apart from that backpack ...ouch thats a mess. Only other slight concern are the knees.

But the backpack ...I know its easier said than done, but there's got to be a better way of folding that up. It's not even the bulk of it that bothers me, its the fact its all kibble and random bits shoved together in a gappy mess. Hopefully there's something else they'll do to it, but I kinda doubt it if they're releasing it in September.

Regardless, I still like this version more than mp21 ...but not for whatever crazy price tag they're going to slap on to such a small figure.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    I didn't invest in the early MP line, for a lot of factors but now that I am and not having bought any of the previous figures, I don't really understand the hate this mold is getting, the head looks spot on. BB has ALWAYS looked Derpy from the TV show.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

In other words, civility only matters to you when you demand to be treated with respect, it's never something you extend to others.

Enjoy wallowing in your entitled ignorance.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    My god this looks horrible. The strive to make it 100% cartoon accurate has gone too fast.

• Like Like x 3
  16. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

:lolol 

Whatever you say, bro, who am I to burst your bubble.

17. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    It's not mistransformed, one of the people who went to the event asked the staff and they said that it's final and transformed properly. He'll definitely look better from the front but other angles will expose his weaker points. It would be great to get 360 photos like we did with MP-44 though, helps people who are on the fence about this and it gives a better idea of the figure.
    The bulk is totally fine IMO as well, it's just that it's a gappy mess which makes it very unattractive. As stated multiple times this is the final figure we're getting and it's been transformed properly. It's also been confirmed to be releasing in September. Sucks that the price is high for a figure the same height as MP-21, wish it was a little bit cheaper but value is in the eye of the beholder and the market forces I suppose.
    Yeah well, it's getting hate because it didn't deliver expectations although most of the hate was going to happen regardless of how it turned out because people hate the cartoon aesthetic even though we've been in this direction for years now. There are rightful criticisms for it but I don't see any reason to hate, it's a strong word. The TV show was wildly inconsistent in its animation, so to you it might be spot on but for some others such as myself the proportion of the face is off, I think the chin is too elongated.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    I know that staff was asked about it, however there have been plenty of mistransformations in the past, so one can always hope. ;) 

• Like Like x 5
  19. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    So he doesn't come with other accessories? (i,e Alternate heads, jetpack etc). If it is I'm going full straight ahead with the original Bumbles.

20. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    If you read the first few pages of this thread you'd know.

• Like Like x 1