Takara Tomy MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TTemploy, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than an empty Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    For all the negativity around this figure and people saying it's a disaster, backpack, feet kibble, etc etc. It's interesting to see that Facebook groups and eBay are flooded with MP-21s, often with the Spike figure "missing".

i.e. They want to keep the Spike but upgrade the old Bee for the new one. Clearly Takara are doing something right to appeal to so many people despite Takaras extortionate pricing, lazy engineering and (admittedly) haphazard QC standards.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    I received second MP Bumblebee as a birthday gift. I already have him so I’m looking to sell him on. He’s sealed. I’m asking $115 plus shipping.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    I do have 44, and my 47 should arrive on Monday. The head for 44 is on a ball joint, but it's opposite of 45 (ball plugs into head on 44, into body on 45). Bumblebee can tilt his head from side to side in pretty much the same way 44 can, and enough to be expressive. Apologies if I'm still missing your point. :) 

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've seen worse actually, sorry yours was misassembled that way.

5. songrobin

songrobin Pastor

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Ah-- unfortunately I don't think that is a real sliding track; it's strange why it was designed that way. I believe the only way would be to remove the pin at this point. It can be done using the soldering iron method (to heat the pin for a few seconds and then to pull it loose). The pin may or may not be reusable after that; at which you may simply use a screw in its place. Keep in mind that the head of the screw will also need to be trimmed flat (with a dremel, etc).

-----------------

In other news, I'm just adding a few pics of the alt-mode of this mod next to MP-21 and the modded Bumblebee computer mouse I built sometime ago.

DSC06876 (Large).JPG DSC06878 (Large).JPG DSC06881 (Large).JPG DSC06884 (Large).JPG DSC06885 (Large).JPG

• Like Like x 18
  6. Chris C137

Chris C137 Costs less than an empty Fanstoys box.

News Credits:
    Oh my, that Bumblebee mouse looks fantastic!

• Like Like x 4
  7. opoptimus

opoptimus SUN WUKONG, not Son Goku.

News Credits:
    I find that the recent official MP releases "growing on you" is a thing.

Was moving house recently so only opened and transformed Bee couple of times before putting him into storage. First impressions weren't so great. Now I've settled in and half unpacked, I took him out and messed with him a bit more and I love this little dude! The car fits together a lot better as you get more familiar with how every part moves (accidentally broke off one of the tabs on the rear wheel well that holds the door in place last night when I was slightly drunk but didn't mind it as the car still holds together really well). The slightly loose hip is still a bit annoying but other than that he's grown so much on me. TT is still undeniably the maestro of recreating 2D designs in 3D form.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  8. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I’m not sure if this has been posted already or not. I received the Generations 2020 book recently and as usual it has sketches and grey prototypes for the recent MPs. It also has a large fold out two-sided poster with artwork from MP-22 to MP-46.

What I found interesting is the sketch at the bottom of the page. That looks very different from the final figure. Also that little removable engine cover part to make the rear more realistic.

5CE2DBFC-9D59-4451-9878-11E2DE5BECDB.jpeg

3164B2CE-3AF1-482E-BDD0-2F495A52EA57.jpeg

ED713D1E-1182-4449-A7F5-CBE969F5E7E7.jpeg

• Like Like x 21
  9. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Man that's so clean and compact and would've been straight MP momentum if the car could turn into a bot that compact and sleek, straight up magical.

• Like Like x 3
  10. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    I guess it is crazy how short on accessories he is for a "new" release especially with MP 46 and 47 after him. I wonder if Volkswagen asked for more money for the license this time, either for it to be chibi or perhaps seeing what they were willing to work out with Porshe.

Lio doesn't come with much extras but I think that's on purpose to drive a repaint they can release as a General release. It'll be interesting to see with the next G1 minibots that's unlicensed or a toyota perhaps come crammed with accessories.

• Like Like x 2
  11. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Can you show the text below this sketch?

upload_2019-12-30_21-13-40.png

• Like Like x 4
  12. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Man I wonder if that's actually EarthRise Bumblebee

13. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    That would be hellified engineering, basically the front of the car accordions behind the inside panel of the hood to form his foot.

14. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  15. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Oh wow, thanks for sharing that, that’s fascinating. It’s interesting to see their early plans - as you say, the idea of a swappable rear part to switch between cartoon and car accuracy, but also that early sketch. It doesn’t look as though that could transform, so I bet it was an early idealised concept sketch from before they had worked out the transformation sequence. It’s cool to see how they drew out the cartoon character in profile and from the front, and just how close they got to that, despite the final compromises on the back.

Do you think it would be possible to get a high-res version of this to a kind Japanese-speaking soul who could translate this for us, like @Sam used to do? I’d love to know what the notes on the page say.

Thanks again for sharing this! I may pick up a copy of my own as I love these development pictures.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    After finding a pretty good price on a few of them, I caved in on MP-45 seemingly against my better judgment. I got the same complaints as most of y'all here, but for the most part I really like him and I'm glad I found one!

I'm not as good a toy photographer as most of y'all here, but here's a picture of him goofing around with one of my Christmas presents:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  17. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    That's the shelved G2 Megatron/Supersoaker design from 1992, yeah?

• Like Like x 1
  18. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nice! is that super soaker a re-release? i used to have the blue/yellow ss100 but have lost it, and seems like ebay is the only place to find these nowadays

• Like Like x 1
  19. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

Oh man, I'm hoping he says it is a rerelease. I had that exact one and used it like crazy back in High Sch.... I mean when I was younger.

All of these photos really makes me want to get a copy one of these days. Thanks for all the fun photos people!

• Like Like x 3
  20. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

So finally found time to transform him. Does anyone else have extremely loose hips and really tight shoulders? Is there a remedy? Thanks