Takara Tomy MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TTemploy, Feb 4, 2019.

1. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    yeah i dont get it, guy is an idiot

• Like Like x 1
  2. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    I mean, I agree that this toy is insultingly bad, but I don't wanna watch a video of a guy literally shrieking about it just cause he feels the same way.

3. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    FF3602FD-1326-4BDA-B18B-02D0853DD1D1.jpeg CABA7018-D840-40EE-AA4F-CA29EF320675.jpeg I dunno what people are complaining about I absolute adore the little guy #MP45FTW

• Like Like x 18
  4. Prime time 101

Prime time 101 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    I just watch him for the hahas. I'm my own figure chooser whether it be high tech bipedal humanoid mechanical simulacrums or near human like human analog XX type anime figures.:lolol 

Each of us have our own preferred views on how photogenic/telegenic an object is big buddy! He may look like a mess on the side and his feet but some would see Bb as the 2nd coming.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    AC3E3385-D998-4940-A994-02BBDC0162ED.jpeg
    well I know what since I read the thread but I don’t understand why. I guess some people just love complaining. Seems foolish to me...it’s easy to rip apart any figure ever over supposed “faults” but assuming good qc isn’t it more fun to enjoy all the good things it does? Furthermore, if the perceived faults are too much for you to enjoy mp45, it doesn’t matter as there’s also mp21 who is still a cool figure too! There’s something for everyone so why be negative??

• Like Like x 16
  7. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Wow, this guy put a ton of effort into be absolutely not funny at all.
    I feel bad actually, he probably tells people that he's a YouTube Personality.

• Like Like x 4
  8. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Same here, it's low brow comedy but I found it funny, he's also saying what most people are thinking but won't say because of all this safe space/pc nonsense and censorship going on TFW2005 and social media these days. What a dumpster fire of a figure!? Imagine if a third party had made an atrocity of this caliber? It would have been ridiculed from TFW to Timbuktu and probably by the same people that have bought this figure. What a trainwreck of a figure, every review I've seen of it just reinforces everything I thought about it since it's unveiling earlier this year. As far as G1 is concerned it is the first original mold I've ever skipped and with those raiden bots on the way it certainly doesn't look like it will be the last from the looks of it MEH!!!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  9. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    And there are people who still genuinely love the figure. Like me.
    Good day to see a youtuber goes out of his way to ridicule it , now more people feel reinforced with that ideal too.
    What a weird hobby site.

• Like Like x 14
  10. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well in that case I guess I now know how it feels to like a crappy “3p” figure.

• Like Like x 6
  11. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Your picture really shows off how photogenic this toy can be, despite its flaws.
    I do LOVE MP21, but he looks pretty dated next to MP45..

The biggest problem for me has always been the cost. I bought MP21 shipped for 6400 yen, whereas MP45 is gonna run you around 11000 yen shipped (and that's the best deal through Amazon! Retail is over 14000 yen before shipping). Sure, there are increased parts counts and better paint, but it just doesn't justify it for me. I still regret spending the money on MP44, although I agree he's a cool figure. Just not close to being worth it for me anymore. After Hound, I'm out until they come down to reasonable rates.

Oh yeah, and I thought the review was funny. It's obviously over the top (a la AVGN) so it's not for everyone..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just really love this comment. It needs to be repeated and reread.

• Like Like x 4
  13. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

Bonus points for the AVGN reference. That guy is the best!

• Like Like x 3
  14. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Essentially this, though with the price of Bee 1.0 and with Movie VW Bee on my shelve I'm kinda of content at the moment. VW Movie Bumblebee isn't the best, but it could have been worse.

I don't think we'll get a 3.0 anyway so it's as close we can get despite it's missteps.

• Like Like x 2
  15. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

He is indeed, his last two videos, the Spawn and Majora's Mask videos have been a return to form, thoroughly enjoyed them!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

This shot sums it up perfectly for me. MP-21 does not look like Bumblebee imo. MP-45 looks great on the shelf. MP-45’s feet and backpack are a non-issue for me on a figure this small. From a reasonable viewing distance his kibble doesn’t bother me from any angle. At least it’s still mostly yellow.

I typically only buy MP style transformers but I enjoy watching Wotafa transform figures from other lines. There are other transforming figures out there that accomplish technically difficult transformations between two very different forms. Their kibble can be much worse than Bee V2 and it’s not even the same colour. In some cases the arms are painted a different colour on the back side! Also the joints look very small and fragile compared with a typical MP. I still appreciate these figures for what they can pull off and they seem to be selling in Japan, but I’m sure some TF fans on this board would freak out if they saw the backs of those figures! I’m wondering if my tolerance for backpacks and kibble in general is because I’ve seen these other figures that can be much worse than MPs?

Not related to Bee V2, but here is an example of a figure I’m talking about. They pulled off a great transformation between two extremely different forms, but the backs of the arms being a different colour and the seams everywhere would drive a lot of TF fans nuts I think.

• Like Like x 3
  17. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    This is still the best one of the line so far.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

These two are like PB&J

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 27
  19. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

I assume you’re talking about the Digivolved line? I don’t know much about them or even their proper name but I’ve seen Wotafa transform them all and I think they’re very impressive!

20. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m just happy to have a figure whose head sculpt so beautifully captures the cartoon character I loved as a kid.

D0A0D328-2AED-400B-BF33-C2BE1C8983B3.jpeg 43F146FD-0544-4C4C-9642-37ED47550561.jpeg

• Like Like x 25