Takara Tomy MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TTemploy, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

I dunno, you can get pretty close with the alternatives. There are pluses and minuses to both.

IMG_20190920_222155556.jpg IMG_20190920_221856776.jpg

Bearing in mind I did both of those in about two second apiece.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t have the 3P versions so can’t comment, but I mainly meant that it’s something we couldn’t do with the last generation of MPs. I still love MP-10, MP-12, MP-17 et al, but since Sunstreaker articulation has become much more of a focus (no doubt feeding into 3P too) and I love it.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Mentasm

Yeah it's cool, although to be honest I'm more of a display guy so I tend to put them in a case and leave them be. In that respect all of this crazy articulation at the expense of durability and accuracy doesn't do it for me. I do like how MP-44 looks from dead centre and low down. That's a pretty specific angle though! I do kinda wish I'd just stopped with TE-01. It's not completely toon accurate and loses out to MP-44 in a number of areas, but it's better in just as many and a lot cheaper.

Anyway, to try and bring this back on topic I'm genuinely fearful for MP-45 and MP-47 now. I'm worried the figures are becoming over-engineered to the point that they break far more easily than they ever used to. I buy a mixture of official and 3P (whichever is more toon accurate at the time), so it's not like I have some sort of vested interest in seeing Takara fail. I just want toy robots that look nice, don't break and aren't overpriced...

• Like Like x 1
  4. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I'm not sure Bee and Hound will have the over-engineered problem the larger bots have faced, especially Hound. At a glance he doesn't seem any more complicated than the previous Autobot cars (not counting Sunstreaker who was designed to flip inside out and have "two" vehicle modes). Bee's similar to that, only a lot more compact, and early reports are that while he has a few panels they all come together in a very logical way.

Also neither of them will be loaded with tricks like having ratchets upon ratchets in the limbs with double knees designed in what can only be described as an insane attempt to recreate the articulation of the human body in a transforming robot. There's just so much less to them physically than MP-44 that there also happens to be so much less that can likely go wrong.

• Like Like x 13
  5. megatroptimus

megatroptimus A Prime a day keeps the doctor away

News Credits:
    Too much common sense in the post above, this site is probably about to implode.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Markus76

Markus76 Well-Known Member

Cool...265 pages of this thread and you want me to take time to read. I should have spent several hours catching up. My bad.

7. Mentasm

Yeah I hope you're right mate, but you never know. Anyway, once bitten and all that...

To be fair it's been pretty well publicised outside of this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Masterpiecefan

Masterpiecefan Well-Known Member

Awesome more time for a lower lowest price at AJP

9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've not had any problems as of yet, but I also haven't posed him nearly as much as you have. Every time I bend his knees I feel like I'm rolling the dice...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jdk504

Jdk504 @REDWOLF130

Thank you for reminding me. Once I got home I put some WD40 (lube) on both the upper and lower ratchets as well as the sliding kneecap area. Wow! What a huge difference. Feels better than brand new. Appreciate the indirect reminder ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  11. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:

• Like Like x 20
  12. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 8
  13. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, same here. Just now happened for me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Same for me now.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ThisIsBadComedy

ThisIsBadComedy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I remember trying to get across to people saying a similar thing that it will look fine in-hand when it’s properly transformed (because it 100% wasn’t in the first few pics, the back was the main problem though not the feet. The feet we’re more or less correctly transformed even in the first pics, just big) but people wanted to scream into the void some more so here we are still talking about it in another thread two months later and still no figure in-hand for us to look at for those people to be shown as the fools they are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

1. Just now got an email from amazon Japan..... release date Nov 30th... ..should be getting it dec 3-6th.

2. The MP 44 issue......... how can the knee joint be broken sealed in the box without being transformed? the whole knee issue is that when you bend it... it destroys the ratchet.. some (not all) some are saying it so they can get replacement parts easily with no questions asked and some have an agenda against this figure for its price..

3. they took MP 44 down because too many people were wanting replacement parts / figures. and obviously.......... if I screwed up my figure first transformation... I'd want replacement parts too... the mistake was in engineering... they shouldnt of changed how they did the knees because people are breaking their figures not knowing engineering is different than usual. I'd call this an engineering mistake... not a QC issue.

• Like Like x 2
  17. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Do I need to disassemble anything if I want to add a little silicon lubricant to the ratchets?

18. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    That was a cool transformation video.

Really shows how it's all just a lot of folding.

Lots of folds.

And flaps.

Foldy flaps.

Fold tolds.

Hold my foldy flappy folds. My flappy foldy holds. Yeaaaaahhh......

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rich33

Rich33 Well-Known Member

I for one am quite happy with the delay to mp45 (and others) if it means that we dont have another mp44 knee debacle - quite agree that this is predominately a design issue (as is possibly the yellow and grey paint chip issues).

Hopefully this delay means that TT have learned at least a bit from their mistake, and havent just buried their heads in the sand and pretended its not that bad.

Im looking forwards to mp bumblebee and hound, but i can wait a bit longer.

20. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime needs to take some Glucosamine.