Takara Tomy MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TTemploy, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At first I loathed this but after seeing the stock pics with the correct transformation I am interested, but only to get as a stand-alone. I have NO intent on shelling out for a Sunbow accurate MP collection; I am more than happy with the Hasui/MP10 style.

One thing though: they give it a fake back wheel and don't paint it black? Go 100% or don't go at all :/

• Like Like x 1
  2. fsfeedback

fsfeedback Well-Known Member

It was actually yellow in the cartoon. The black wheel from this:

[​IMG]

This is just a fan coloring. I do agree though that the black circle looks cool.

*EDIT* Here is a cartoon shot:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  3. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    The no-gun comment referred to the cancelled VW Binaltech Bumblebee. No such comments about VW or war have ever been made in an MP interview with TT.

I made the same thread for MP-44. Don’t see how it’s any more sad than the regular MP Appreciation thread, in terms of wanting a place to get excited about an upcoming MP without wading through complaints. This thread still exists, anybody can still come here, so what’s Orwellian about it? People are posting interesting comments in the other thread about the design which frankly would get lost here between all the complaints (see @ambitron’s crotch super post).
    It’s not like the mods have come in to this thread and ordered people to say something nice or nothing at all. Now that would be 1984 ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    It actually was coloured black in at least one episode. But yes, it was almost always yellow.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Yes, quite. I mean, I knew we had the Masterpiece Appreciation thread, but I was unaware we were now making them for each figure. Seems... redundant at best, and that's putting aside the "barred topics of discussion"...

Part of me always wants to buy these because I find engineering fun to explore (although this doesn't look all that fun, to be honest) but I know I'm just exacerbating the problem I want to prevent if I buy into it, so I'm resisting for once. The price definitely helps though...

I always assumed the yellow was a cover over a spare tire, as you often see on vehicles such as four-wheel drives.

As for the "correct transformation" - we already saw it. I covered this already but it's actually the exact same as the WonderFest photos, just from a straight-on view which makes it look better than it is. Whether you like that or not, it's still the same.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I'll be damned, I take it back :D 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

I'd say they're middle of the road. The main thing is that they only offer one express option and one normal option for shipping, unlike other retailers that have multiple of each.
    But for comparison, their PO price is $13 less than HLJ.
    Flipside to that is paying up front.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Maybe it's just the timing, but it gives the impression it was mainly a haven from criticism (which I can sympathise with - there's certainly been a lot of extreme bashing going on here) rather than, say, appreciating a new figure that's actually in hand, which I could understand. As it is, the two threads are about the same figure at the same point in time, with only the self-sanitising distinguishing them.

But like I was saying, this figure seems more controversial than any previous MP, so perhaps it's fandom's own fault for not being able to discuss things in a civil manner without going all Lord of the Flies!
    I enthusiastically bought two MP-21's, but I can't see that happening here. Oh well, at least it gave me the two Exo-suits!

• Like Like x 8
  9. The brown note

The brown note Well-Known Member

Is it me, or is bb getting more orange with every new picture?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I didn't see your posts on how the transformation was already correct at WonderFest, but it wasn't exactly right.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The backpack between these two pics is quite clearly folded up differently. Doesn't necessarily make the backpack any prettier to people who don't like it, but it does eliminate what almost appeared to be a 'butt flap'.

I think some people just like to come to the forums to look at the positives of a figure and say 'wow this part is really cool' or 'I like how they did this part'. Generally those people also don't mind constructive comments such as 'I wish they had tried this' or 'I wonder if this would've been possible', but I'd say this thread hasn't seen that many of the latter kind. Most have been pretty extreme, as you say. That can be kinda tiring to wade through sometimes, so it's cool to have a different place to just come and enjoy the figure, since it's the only one we're likely to get! So many people write on here as if they're talking directly to TT (although not in a way they'd talk to people in real life), as if they genuinely believe that someone from the Takara design team is reading this thread.

I'm happy to come in this thread sometimes too and talk critically about a figure. I wasn't even super in love with him from the first clear shots we got. But some days it's nice to start off in a more positive thread ;) 

• Like Like x 7
  11. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

Yeah
    I know ppl do not like a million accessories but I love them
    More playability imo

• Like Like x 2
  12. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

13. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In half the pics he is just as orange as MP21 and in half the pics, he is a toon accurate color

• Like Like x 4
  14. snoopcow

snoopcow Mold hoarder

Looks to be canary yellow in hand but darker in pics. Like that siege jetfire seems brown in the stock pictures.

15. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    You and me both. As long as they're good accessories worth paying for, I'm there.

• Like Like x 1
  16. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...i think the rancor over MP-44's design was comparable (and appropriately so); it was just eclipsed by sticker shock in most folks' memory...

...i was shouted out of one of the MP-44 threads for making note of his awkward wrist joint; that's about as toxic a reaction as i've ever seen from this community, but to be fair i neither invite nor follow drama...

...this is takara's new direction for the masterpiece line, fully committed and laid bare, and there will be a lot of shuffling about as the established community realigns their collections accordingly or discordantly with third-parties waiting in the wings...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sticker shock?

I know some didn't like Prime, or perhaps more accurately were already happy with MP-10 and didn't see the point, but I don't remember things getting quite so heated. FWIW I never warmed to MP-10 and thought 44 was an understandable update.

[​IMG]

Going back to this side view... I'm surprised they had to leave so much on his back. Surely most of the alt mode is either on the feet (front of hood, front wheels, side doors and windows) or the backpack (rear of hood, windscreen and front of roof, side back windows). Yet his torso side profile is nearly double what it ought to be. Is it mostly hollow? I guess the rear wheels are in there, like MP-21 (is the curved piece under his arm the rear fender?) but it seems a shame more couldn't have gone inside.

I still look with awe at Grapple and Inferno's flat backs, knowing their entire crane and ladder parts are hidden, guess they spoiled me!

• Like Like x 4
  18. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:

That had me spit out my tea first thing this morning hahahahah! Good form mate.
    Nice one. It's a good time to be a G1 fan again.

19. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

"In scale Spike"
    Oh, that's probably the cartoon ultra version. You have to pay 10% more for that. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

The hollow space created by extending his legs strikes me a missed opportunity to have hidden at least some of the kibble.

• Like Like x 3