Takara Tomy MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TTemploy, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This new Bee is like a Monet...from far away it looks really good but up close...no no wait its more like a pretty girl that spends too much time doing her make up and forgets to get a pedicure...yikes

• Like Like x 3
  2. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    ?
    what review?

3. Magnusfan Nujevad

Magnusfan Nujevad Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's way too early to have reviews yet seeing that this is still a prototype that was painted for the show.

4. fsfeedback

fsfeedback Well-Known Member

I think he is pointing out a post from an old MP-21 thread.

5. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Great Shot!

News Credits:
    Well. Things are getting frighetingly expensive nowadays. .

6. Sam

Sam 189 days

News Credits:
    Wanted to see how this would look, after seeing your post.

Hasbro-Takara-Transformers-Masterpiece-MP-44-Optimus-Prime-Version-3-Promo-20.jpg

Hasbro-Takara-Transformers-Masterpiece-MP-44-Optimus-Prime-Version-3-Promo-202.jpg

I'm hopefully there will be a photo of 44 and 45 together in bot mode, as there already is in vehicle mode. Wasn't sure which scale would be just right, but either way it really brings home the point of how damn small this figure is. The engineering at this size is pretty impressive.

• Like Like x 13
  7. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

However, I feel that if this mess was slapped into a box that said Fanstoys these boards would be oozing with praise.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land" TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just been messing with MP-21, and let’s not forget he had the same problems as 45 when he was first announced “the head sculpt is aweful”, “he has clown shoes”, “his chest is too big”, “they just gave up and stuck half a car on his back”. Only difference is time, people will come around to this one in hand just like they did with the original.

• Like Like x 10
  9. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

I do hope it's gonna be like MP Ironhide where he looks a lot better in hand, because he does look really fun to mess with.

• Like Like x 2
  10. GoLion

GoLion Low rent Atticus Finch

News Credits:
    I mean, at that price they're now entering 3rd party territory. I will judge them based on that criteria.

If this was like even 70 dollars, I'd have an entirely different opinion about the toy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those are a gazillion images of Blustreak in the same pose. Why?
    Also I love how the dumbing down of the color scheme and lack of detail (no license plate) is considered a "+" edition, I guess?
    Also, remember when 60$ (or was it 80$?) netted you MP Bumblebee and a transforming exo-suit Spike? Now this thing costs twice the price...and he comes with just the suitless Spike.
    I also do not recall Bee turning into a clown car in the cartoon, then again, I only ever re-watched G1 once during my university time - unlike Gargoyles or Batman TAS, it does not hold up well after you grow up.

12. Orbitalchaos

Orbitalchaos Abnormal Space God

Instagram:
    He was a clown car, both for the G1 toy and cartoon. Not sure if that was a good direction to go however, the alt mode on his first Mp is miles ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  13. hayabusa

hayabusa Skyfire

Streaks chin is derpy 

14. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah - as Unicron said, "For a time I considered to buy your wretched Masterpiece toys, but then I saw Sunstreaker's fake roof and was like, oh my Primus, what is THAT?" :D 
    Seriously, I think I pulled out at that point of MP purchasing. I am still trying to get Sideswipe and Red Alert somehow (hard because 80% of them on ebay are knockoffs, and I still do not want to pay a fortune for them), but anything after Tracks kind of defeats the purpose of MPs to me. It was supposed to be about real-life accurate licensed cars (and planes and dinosaurs) turning into updated versions of the G1 design - what they could have been if we had this sort of engineering in 1984. But then, they started cheating with transformations, started adding less and less detail to the alt mode (compare Wheeljack and Sunstreaker in car modes), and started sacrificing detail on the oil-stained altar of 100% cartoon accuracy. When I first saw MP Shockwave, I was glad... then I saw he comes with a giant backpack panel that does not go anywhere and was thinking "surely you could have engineered it better than the 1985 toy did"...

The toy was a pocket/keychain thing, really. That whole line of minibots were. I mean we all know a real Porsche does not look like Cliffjumper did. :D 
    And btw, in the comics Bee usually was drawn like a real VW beetle.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    this thing is fugly and it cost three times as much this thing is fugly and it cost three times as much as the original masterpiece Bumblebee. I get that it's super poseable, it looks great and dynamic poses as long as you look at it from the right angles, but it's got a huge unmissable gap between the chest and the back, the back is a mess of panels, the feet are a mess of panels oh, it's just crazy looking. Plus it looks to be too big. what exactly is Takara doing with this toy line? I get making a new Optimus because they're obvious shortcomings to the first one, but nobody was really clamoring for a new Bumblebee like that

• Like Like x 1
  16. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I usually feel Takara does a great job but this just doesn't look good to me. It really does feel like a visual downgrade. The head looks bloated, the feet just look awful, the proportions are awkward, to be honest I feel like this is something we didn't need to begin with and it's just increasingly disappointing to see that they spent time designing this and thought it was worth releasing. Probably gonna pick it up on clearance but especially compared to MP44 this just looks like they didn't try very hard. The one thing I like is the chibi alt mode. I love MP21's realistic one but this one has the Microchange vibe so at the very least I hope they use the opportunity to give us a blue redeco of it. I'll be more on board to buy that.
    I feel like MP19's head was so disgustingly show accurate that they don't need to redo it. Though they could make it look MORE disgustingly show accurate I guess.

17. 52gdpl

52gdpl Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe that people find this Bee to be aesthetically pleasing especially if its from Takara. I mean, come on. Takara is suppose to be the master of the masterpieces. MP-21 was great! They really tried to incorporate a true VW and BBs aesthetics. Now, this Bee is just a shell former like the bayverse figures.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Funtress0fPaen

Funtress0fPaen SWIPING PROHIBITED

Closer to perfect. Maybe hybrid the 2 versions and I would be content

19. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Gunpla and Cow Master

I can just hear the voice of Dan Gilvezan when I look at that Bee.

• Like Like x 5
  20. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That'll be the next "anime recolor" edition, where they will re-release all these new cartoon accurate MPs, but with painted solid blue windows because "that's what they looked like in the toon". Of course, it will cost more!

Seriously, to me the whole "silver is now grey or white" idiocy was too much already. Even as a kid, I knew that Megatron was metallic in color in "real life", not grey, despite never seeing the G1 toy in Hungary - because I did know guns were not painted light grey, even as a kid. Same way I knew Prime's fuel tanks were likely metallic too.

• Like Like x 1