Takara Tomy MP-45 Bumblebee 2.0

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TTemploy, Feb 4, 2019.

1. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    Footflaps, backpack, big head, 100+ dollars?????

giphy (2).gif
    I love it!!

• Like Like x 8
  2. Kenchanayoh

Kenchanayoh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    is it a pennyracer? then cliffjumper can use the same formula.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who said BW Megatron is being retooled?

4. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    How long do you plan on admiring your figures? I mean, my G1 figures I bought nearly 34 years ago are doing just fine..

• Like Like x 4
  5. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    Really want and interested to see if they do CJ with a similar mold(please be more original). Really desire him so I can fail miserably at imitating Casey.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe, the chibi porshe @oku had was different enough that a Cliffjumper wouldn't simply be a repaint and foot retool.

7. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Do they have rubber parts?

There have been reports of newer (last 15 years figures showing evidence of degradation). Why use a material that is going to degrade over the course of years instead of one that is going to degradenon the order of centuries? There is NO added benefit to rubber.

8. Predaking EX

Predaking EX I am Power.

Ebay:
    I'm hoping as much, CJ needs real love and I'm not even an Autobot fan. His lack of support is disturbing at best.

9. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't have Photoshop on this new PC (and evidently my subscription from many years ago no longer allows it to carry over... bummer lol... and can't get GIMP to work right.) But I was curious how Bee might look next to the new Prime (I know we have some wide shot images of that from the show, but I mean closer up and posed immediately next to one another) so while the colors and backgrounds aren't edited pretty the way I'd like, and Bee gets compressed and artifacted to hell here (sorry) just a rough idea:

71efbAgtzSL._SL1100_r (3).jpg

• Like Like x 5
  10. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  11. Jerrimus

Jerrimus BOSS

Ebay:
    Loving how streak is posing with the original Bee MP, that’s freakin hilarious.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ironically, they can't though. Even the straight on from the front shot you can see the messy feet. LOL

And these pics pretty much kill the chance that Spike can actually ride inside:
    upload_2019-2-12_10-48-43.png
    The whole fancy door gimmick is pretty much "the door opens". That's it. Maybe you can shove him inside like a corpse in the back of a car but there's no way Spike is sitting in there.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Chantinelle

Chantinelle Well-Known Member

*looks at the official pics*

Yup, it's still godawful. Nothing can excuse that side on nightmare of windows and gaps and panels, that backpack is revolting compared to the relatively clean one on V1.0, and those feet almost warrant a trial at The Hague. The arms and legs are an improvement and sure, it's great that the car door opens but it's not enough. It could never be enough.

• Like Like x 3
  14. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    IMG_20190211_223748.jpg

• Like Like x 22
  15. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    Why else would I cite them as an example??

Newsflash... it's possible to use crap materials - that does not mean all materials are crap. And not all rubber products are equal.

And there are benefits... which is why it was used in the first place. No one likes cars that don't actually roll nice.. and plastic wheels slide more thus giving an inferior play experience. Plus they just feel cheaper because everyone knows tires aren't hard plastic.

• Like Like x 7
  16. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still think he can. There are seats you can see in that image molded, and the seat appears to be flush with that protruding yellow bit you're highlighting. I believe he can squeeze into the seat. (Either that or his biceps are folded for the grooves to sort of look like seats, which is a neat touch if so.) If I'm wrong, it's still not a big deal for me personally. But it definitely looks to me like he can. Obviously I can't say for sure, of course.

The angle of that shot is also a bit misleading. Here we can see there's more depth than there first appears to be in that open door shot:
    MP45-Bumblebee-V2-02 (1).jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Prime Aspect

Prime Aspect Visual Synthesis Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Easy pass for me. MP BB was already pushing it with being in a different scale than the other MP cars (1:35 vs 1:30, though MP-10 is also 1:35) -- this one with the fake chest and even weirder proportions has no place in my collection.

• Like Like x 4
  18. BWfan86

News Credits:
    I didn’t know if you were making a generalized statement about the durability of toy materials in general or just rubber.

I’ve never heard of rubber tires on toys rolling better- my autobot car MPs with plastic tires roll just fine and I actually enjoy rolling them around. So much so that MP Hot Rod (which has clearance issues and doesn’t roll for me) is relegated to his box.

19. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully, the colour is better. Painting the windows on MP-21 last night it's really clear how orange he is. Especially compared to Sunstreaker.

I'll be picking up the KO of this, severing the rear of his feet just before the big round window hinge, and using some styrene or a 3D printed piece to cover the sides and another piece on the back:
    upload_2019-2-12_10-56-56.png
    I'll also be looking at the best place to snip off the backpack. I think the big hinge here will remove both car-part shells and all the related kibble.
    upload_2019-2-12_11-7-36.png
    Depending on how it looks after that I can either leave as is or 3D print up a small shell for a proper back.
    It will no longer transform... at all... but it would look pretty damn spot on for the toon and fit in the collection next to MP-21 in alt mode. That's a far more extensive modification than I would normally do to get things looking good but I think he'll look good afterwards. And having zero interest in chibi mode, I don't really care about the transformation on this particular guy.
    Just annoyed that this means we almost certainly won't be getting a proper yellow repaint of MP-21, so I have to paint the entire thing myself to get the alt mode to match.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

Were articulated hands ever made for MP-21?