Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.
I feel the designers must have thought so too based on them not going with the preliminary design shown in the book scans. He just looks, I don't know, friendlier to me with the square windows, ha. I'd also be all for the toy repaint narrowing them though with some re-tooling!
And no silver stripes! *ducks for cover*
Don’t rush my seasons dammit ! ( goes back to decorating his Christmas tree .... )
Only applies within Japan.
Yeah, it's about friendliness! It's kinda like how 29+ looks meaner than 29.
Yeah, my shipping to Ireland was ￥4,242. Quite pricey actually.
Holy hell that's my 6th Anniversary! This is gonna be the best anni-gift yet
Dude, that’s awesome!
These pictures need to be on everyone’s signatures.
I’m sorry to say, and mean no offense (I was on the same boat a while back, after all) but what your country charges as far as taxes/vat/fees and some other form of legal stealing, is not TT’s fault.
This is NOT $450.
Say what? Speakith now please.
"Sample Voice" by Genda Tessho.
Clip one: “Watashi ni ii kangae ga aru” / "I have a good idea"
Clip three: “Cybertron senshi! Transform!” / "Cybertron (Autobot) warriors! Transform!"
Remember to turn the volume down if you're in a cafe and play 'Megatron!'
Great work: anyway no transformation page?
It's under the spoiler tag. I had to look twice also. Lol
C/o @Sam's scans, I can't stop comparing him to the toon...
I found a translation japanese > chinese on baidu (mp44访谈渣翻【变形金刚玩具吧】_百度贴吧), I'll past the odd google transl. here
COLUMN = OPTIMUS PRIME
RED SPIDER = STARSCREAM
1. When did the project start? The mp series usually plans the product line very early, this is the plan that started in December 2016. In fact, even at that time, we still think that the 2.0 column is the best mp column, but from the period of 1.0 to 2.0, it is necessary to launch the 3.0 column in the morning and evening. It is too late to prepare for that day, so although The timing is still early, but we have been planning since then.
2. From which aspect did you start? The first idea was "Beyond 2.0," but what actually happened was beyond our ability at first. We think about what can be improved, such as changing the mask to a little more, moving a little better. There is also the existence of mp36 Wei, and we want to make a pillar that fits like 36, just like the one coming out of the animation. So we first draw a column with the ideal body shape, and then consider what kind of mechanism is set inside as our starting point.
3. It is very difficult to achieve the "pillars coming out of the animation". For example, the windshield and the chest of the pillars have different angles and aspect ratios. In the past, people and vehicles were compromised, and the appearance was balanced by design and detail. But our goal this time is to achieve changes in the size and angle of the chest. In fact, although the deformation mechanism of 2.0 is complicated, the configuration of the parts is followed by the g1 toy. We have changed this point in order to challenge the ultimate pillar. If you can't make a pillar beyond 2.0, this plan is meaningless. This is a turning point for Transformers or pillars of this generation.
4. The body shape has also evolved greatly. According to the experience of re-manufacturing the column in the past, the balance between the vehicle and the human-shaped cab and the rear trailer part is difficult to grasp. The first is the size of the chest. If the windshield is used directly for the chest, it will be too wide to achieve the slim figure in the animation. On the other hand, the rear trailer must be thin in order to combine the compartments, but the pillars in the animation are thick and long, and there is obvious mass conversion before and after the deformation. This balance is difficult to grasp.
5. How did it be solved later? We flashed an inspiration to transfer the mass, so that the capacity of the legs also increased, the upper body was noodles, and the balance between the upper and lower body was solved. So this time, the front of the car is split from the side and moved to the lower body during deformation. In the past, it took a lot of effort to store the arm in the front of the car, and this time it was solved.
6. It was an amazing idea, but this time there was a problem with color. Because the upper body is red and the lower body is blue, it is necessary to make people not see the red part and hide it in the leg together with the tire.
7. The leg tires have finally disappeared. The rear tires are relatively narrow. They are hidden in the legs by flipping them. We think this must be achieved.
8. The evolution of design is relatively large, just like the animation, the smooth and flat waist finally flattened the waist (laugh). Originally thought of the same deformation structure as Laowei. Later, he pursued the addition of new movable structures without destroying the body shape. So this time it's not a skirt, but a structure that automatically retracts when the thigh is raised. We also made a special mechanism for the legs to be automatically bounced back.
9. The double joint of the knee can make two bends and give a feeling of hands-on. This is the modern structure that we have only recently begun to pay attention to. By changing the damping of the double joint, one joint bends to a certain extent and then drives the other joint. This keeps the body shape while bending, and then enters the second stage of the bend when it is greatly bent. Because the mobility of the first-out 36 is quite good, it is an absolute condition that the pillar must have the same movableness.
10. There are also many organs in the car that are equipped for the first time. There are a lot more gameplays. We feel that if the car is not well remade, it cannot be called 3.0. If you still carry the 2.0 identical car, will it be 2.5 pillars? Therefore, we would like to have any organs that have not been reproduced before. For example, the special anti-aircraft guns that appeared in the episode of the resurrection of the skyfire may be drawn from the battle platform of the pillars, plus the products of the wheels.
11. Use the small ball to pull the anti-aircraft gun, it can be said that there is a takaraSF feature. We just want to introduce the gameplay that has the takaraSF feature. The attached Spikes also have magnets on their feet and can stand on decks and other places. Although it is not the officially recommended gameplay, players can also put the Dyna clones in, and the gameplay across the product line is what we want to see.
12. There are two heads, etc., and the accessories are also very rich. Because g1 draws two kinds of heads, it is made into two options. The head can be completely removed, and the scene of the "Steel City" set of rhubarb holding the column head can be restored.
13. I have forgotten that there is a set of pillars equipped with flying backpacks to fly in the form of vehicles. Is there such an episode?
14. What is the use of the head and air intake of Red Spider? The head can be exchanged, and you can restore a certain scene of the animation.
15. Strictly speaking, this is not a pillar. Yes, it sounds a bit like an excuse, but these accessories cannot be stored in the compartment.
Thank you so much for the stellar job @Sam.
Had a long long shift last night and staring at these made everything alot more bearable.
This figure is incredible!! They really nailed this one.
I'm surprised they didn't photoshop out all the scuffs on the hand painted proto. I could have done it for them in 30 mins or less.
When I look at the images I hear
I'm in love again and again
Separate names with a comma.