Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:

this won't even work with my vpn on ... its the only time this has happened with this vid

2. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Same. For some reason the VPN didn't allow me to play it.

3. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  4. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I guess we have no idea if the electronics are gonna include any Cullen sounds? It'd be nice to have a choice if they're gonna do other voices, I myself being in the U.S would prefer to have a MP44 come with sounds from Peter Cullen being that I don't know any other voice actor for OP. Not gonna get my hopes up tho, doubt it'll work out that way.

5. HnH

HnH MPM Moron

News Credits:
    just put in my po and now the waiting begins............

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I might grab a KO later on. I'll probably grab the Magic Square to mess around with. A $110 desk toy if you would. But my MP-44 is going to be displayed in its own cabinet. I'm not one for museum pieces, but I think this is worth the AJ price to have one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

A word to the wise I made a mistake, Booster Gold explained it best.....

But this is the best option for me and I'm buying off them as I qualify for the promotion. What's not to like about it if you're local? No customs charges, you know the exact price of the product and the delivery and given the price of this guy I don't think it'll be selling out anytime soon at least not before March which is when the promo ends. Lots of time to wait and see how things unfold before I pre-order.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ironic how some of the most vocal detractors in this thread have never posted in the actual MP thread in the toy section, yet have all kinds of things to say about MP's.:rolleyes: 
    I stay away from 3P reveal topics because I'd have nothing good to say, so why ruin it for others? Seems like common sense, really.

On topic, I don't think I'll ever use the electronics is MP-44. Not that I'm opposed to them using the Japanese voice actor, but mainly because electronics are never that appealing to me.
    I actually never used the electronics in Megatron or Primal either. I think the only one I have batteries in is Shockwave because I really like the cannon.
    I also truly loathe the fact one of the "options" kits for Megatron stole Welker's voice. That seems like a new (completely unsurprising) low.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Strictly you are being charged for customs, or rather TFs-Express are being charged and they are passing on those charges on to you in their final price. Otherwise they'd be able to sell him cheaper much like Japanese Retailers like AE are able to do. Technically places like AE are still the 'cheapest' option for UK fans provided AE under declare enough for it to slip through customs, but that is a big IF. If your parcel does get caught by HMRC it will delay you getting your MP-44 and their charges will push the price up to around the same figure as the domestic retailers prices. If you can get the loyalty price from TFs-Express you might want to do so just for the piece of mind that it wont get held up in customs. I might consider going with them in the future...especially if I end up paying customs on my MP-43 from AE.

Really...how about watching this one and telling us what you think of that, seeing as its the most relevant? This KO makes a great Megatron for my 'poor man's collection'. I'd even go as far as to claim he is better than the real thing, indeed I purchased him to replace MP-36 due to my issues over his paint.

I don't disagree that KO companies are breaking the law or committing IP theft, ethically I can't defend them at all. However to say all KO's a crap is just inaccurate.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  10. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Ben is sponsored by multiple KO companies and TF Direct that sells a lot of KOs.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    And as I mentioned I had MP-36 and now have IT-01 and can tell you first hand with no bias or sponsorship whatsoever that it is as good if not better than the original. Again I'm not saying KOs are OK, they're called Knock offs for a reason, their illegal reproductions of other peoples or companies work...Im just saying high quality KOs are a thing.

• Like Like x 2
  12. chchchch

chchchch Chunky Coherent

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Megatron was a bargain then. He had drastically more advanced engineering than MP-10 who was released five years prior and cost the same! I don't expect a bargain every time.

• Like Like x 3
  13. malware5

IF I didn't qualify for that promotion they have going on that would be the case generally. I guess I should have stated that earlier. Like I said TFS is the cheapest option for me with this promo, of course. It basically offers what AE would have without the risk of customs. Let's look at it closely, AE, the next viable option are charging £244 pounds approximately plus anywhere between £50-£60 for shipping bringing the total cost to £294/£304 shipped and there's the the risk of being stung by customs. The TFS express option with the promotion comes to a total of £296 shipped. No customs to worry about, in effect the discount has eliminated that risk. Making it no contest really to go with them IF you are eligible, of course. That and the added advantage that I have more wiggle room with theirs as the promo ends in March. AE pre-ordering window for MP-44 closes in two weeks time.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    That's fair enough although i think your postage estimates for AE are a bit off. Dinobot cost me £30 EMS for example, I can't see MP-44 costing up to double that...maybe £40? Either way you're right, if you can get the loyalty discount price and don't mind paying up front then I'd say TFs-Express is the way to go.

15. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    I had both as well. Ended up getting rid of the Ko. The KO uses different kind of paint for the grey and it doesn't have the metallic flake like the official. While the gun mode indeed stays together slightly better, it's due to using thinner paint with a glossy coat. Honestly it looks cheap, and the plastic is not bad but I don't feel it's any better than the official.

16. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    honestly do read some crap on here sometimes from people like yourself who do little research .. pretty much all Wei Jiang ko's improve on the official and i'm not just talking masterpiece here , as for mp although i don't own any of these this is going by reviews and people on tfw2005 the mp megatron ko's were better , the seeker ko's better including the oversized seekers , the tracks ko's shit on the official release from a great height , not sure about the prowl and the other 2 datsuns or wheeljack ... will say the sideswipe/red alert ko's were not great .... the ko's i do own the oversized mp10's which are vastly superior to my smaller official mp10's as fixes the proportions and build quality is amazing , the oversized one thats 28 inches tall is bloody amazing one of my favourite purchases and solid !! infact from what i have read and watched reviews on all the oversized ko's have been vastly superior which includes ( which i don't own ) sideswipe , ironhide and bumblebee

probably get jumped on for mentioning ko more than once in my reply in an offical mp thread but grates on me when people state shite as fact :lol 

17. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

MP-44 does not transform into a gun, tho. MP-44 will have a cab and other stuff, and will roll and stuff in contrast.

As such, MP-36 was actually released/shipped 11/30/16 3/31/17 from my amj-email.

MP-44 wil be released next August of 2019 schedule or so.

Also, you're somehow still stuck with MSRP for some odd reason when doing your own math...

edit: fixed date

• Like Like x 3
  18. malware5

There is so much wrong with this!?

19. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    It was April 2017.

20. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

I know. That was my order-date, actually.

Sorry about that.

Fixed it. :D 

edit/add:

also kinda funny that AmJ shipping to the US was expensive (4k-yen) for MP36:

MP36 (4/17)
    MP44 (as of 12/9/18):
    :D 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.