Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    Quoted for truth;) 

• Like Like x 6
  2. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    No - simply pointing out that 'the lowest price' usually has a finite life.. either by promo or by inventory at that vendor. You miss the boat.. you pay more. You miss AJ's offer, well then you buy from HLJ at a higher price, etc.

"best price offered" and "current market price" will usually change... but the MSRP doesn't. So while the MSRP doesn't really reflect what you pay, it will usually reflect a relative cost of that figure for the market relative to other figures... because discounting and promo structures tend to be the same. Except in the case of closeouts, inventory dumps, etc.

TL:D R - no matter what YOUR price at SOME DATE is... MP-44 is still the most expensive MP figure yet :) 

• Like Like x 2
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    The lowest price has no finite life, because for most things you wait a couple of years and the price will drop some more. Also your statement does not apply to only AJ/HLJ. During Black Fridays, other sales events, you can find certain items cheaper in one American retailer and not the rest. Basically not sure what you are trying to say here.

4. Endrju

Endrju Member

How much shipping costs from Animer-Export website? I can\'t find any info.

5. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

Anime-Export FAQ

• Like Like x 1
  6. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

Unlike some retailers, AE only offers two shipping options: basic and expedited. After that it depends on weight and size.
    Someone else might have more exact info on this, but as a base guideline, figure maybe $20+ standard shipping and $40+ expedited.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I can and I will (even if you don't like screencaps ;) )

[​IMG]

Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 17.49.11.png Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 17.48.45.png Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 17.48.31.png Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 17.47.45.png Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 17.47.01.png

It's funny that you mention you're ok with MP-28's backpack, I don't think it's any more offensive than Shockwave's or Sunstreaker's or no doubt how MP-44's will be in-hand. I think MP-29's is actually proportionally bigger than MP-44's!

I think that it's one issue you have with it, but if MP-44 didn't have butterfly shoulders (like Shockwave, for example), had a simpler transformation (also like Shockwave) and was cheaper as a result, perhaps you'd be able to forgive the backpack? I imagine you'd love an MP-10 with MP-44's legs, deeper knee and elbow bends, but retaining MP-10's smooth surfaces?

Of course, no one can remove the image you have in your mind's eye of a character - and if Optimus Prime had almost no backpack in your head, then I guess there's nothing anyone can do.

For what it's worth, I prefer the shape of MP-44's backpack, despite it being larger than MP-10's. I think that MP-10's had its shape compromised by the foldable gun gimmick. MP-44's is compromised in size by storing a lot of vehicle mode parts in it.

It's pretty cool that you have a friend you can see in real life to compare MPs with. All my MP-loving buddies live in different countries!

• Like Like x 9
  8. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Can we get this stickied at the top of every page? Facts and genuine apples to apples comparisons.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    It's not facts, though.

10. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    HEY! Not everybody wants to buy from an overseas retailer! I know I don't. I like nice boxes and the odds of it getting from Japan to Ohio without any dents are pretty slim. And what if there's something wrong with the QC? Then I have to wait for it to get BACK to Japan and wait some more for a replacement. When I buy something I like to enjoy it when it arrives, not a few weeks after it arrives. Crazy, right? And if I need to communicate with the retailer it's nice when we're both speaking the same language so we can clearly understand each other. So don't act like people like us are stupid for wanting to buy from retailers in the US. I don't act like you're cheapskates for wanting to buy from a seller in Japan.

11. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    the g1 toy had a big backpack too soooooo not the best example to use

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Ok, so I read you guys correct before in that amazon jp doesn't charge you up front, right? Next year?

• Like Like x 1
  13. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    just under £250 at anime export then before shipping :)  thats a much better price but still quite expensive

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    It's your choice to pay a premium because of a perceived language barrier. What kind of conversations do you need to have exactly?

When you have an issue with an item Amazon Japan actually sends out a new item right away, they don't wait for you to send the original back (you have 30 days to do so).

People who order from Amazon Japan get their item faster than any other online retailer - that's a fact. Every time.

Buying from Amazon Japan is not being a cheapskate. It's being smart. It's not supporting local businesses, but it's still being smart.

• Like Like x 22
  15. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Good point. That's quite possibly what's affecting BG's perception of Shockwave - although I don't know if he had the original Shockwave toy and the original Optimus toy. If he had the original OP and that's where he's getting the idea that he should have no backpack - fair enough. But my main point is that Shockwave is no more offensive than Optimus Prime in having a bigger backpack than how it was drawn in the cartoon, and @Dean ML's and my screencaps prove that.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I order from Amazon Japan all the time, delivered to south-central PA, and only ever had one issue and it was with DHL messing the shipping box up. The box the figure was in was fine.

I've communicated with their CS a few times and there was no language barrier. I had an issue with a defective piece on a set I got and they not only sent me a replacement, they gave me a refund as well.

As for what people are paying, that's on them. With there being available options for lower prices and they aren't taken advantage of, that's also on the buyer. Those of us that aren't opposed to shopping from foreign entities are just posting the options available.
    I do think it's unproductive to complain about a high price and ignore lower options, though.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Correct.

18. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone ordered from amazon japan and then had to update their address before the pre-order is fulfilled? I know I'm moving in the new year but want to lock down my pre order for this guy with AZ japan...

19. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Yes, as easy as doing it on Amazon US.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome, thanks for confirming. WOO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.