Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    You're right, I may well buy a cheaper KO (I've said as much previously) I was merely explaining why I'm not really into this figure, the exact reason had eluded me until now. Now I've worked it out I actually feel a sense of closure over the subject so hopefully I wont be responsible for any further feelings of nausea.

I should add my thanks to @Sam was genuine, not sarcasm. His post really helped put into words how I was feeling.

IT-01 Emperor Of Destruction, better paint, back panel and bonus english voice chip and cannon LEDs.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

And more ratchets!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Optronix1087

Optronix1087 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ever since MP-01 and super pose able TF figures I've wanted to pull this off. Of all of the poses he's been able to pull I want to see this happen without it looking weird and janky. I hope it'll be possible, MP10 did come close but not enough.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. calubin175

calubin175 Well-Known Member

With regards to pricing, don't forget that MP-42 increased by 3000 yen from MP-39 even though they share the same mould.

So I think the likes of MP Hound will be at least 15k yen even with simpler engineering.

Meanwhile, Cheetor is desperately in need of a reissue, but I think the price should stay intact.

However, as it is a retail release, they may have to charge the retailers more to up the price if they want more money. The toon coloured car bots have all been Takara Tomy Mall exclusives so they were sold at close to full price.

5. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 13
  6. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Woah shipping is only 1550 yen and that's sharing with the generations book. Everything stays normal and this might clock in a tad under $300:thumb .

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right now my price breakdown is like this:

Order Summary
    Item(s) Subtotal:
    ¥ 50,000
    Shipping & Handling:
    ¥ 4,242

Total:
    ¥ 54,242
    Import Fees Deposit
    ¥ 15,611

Grand Total:
    ¥ 69,853​

I know the price will drop down to at least ¥35,000, which means I'll be paying ¥39,242 including shipping. Add on tax to that (28.78%) and my grand total will be in the region of ¥50,535.

For those of us in the EU, this will be comparable to purchasing from Kapow. But I'm going with the option of Amazon Japan because I want super fast shipping, if there's a problem with my MP-44 I want to avail of Amazon's unmatchable customer service, and most importantly I want to pay off a little every month/week by buying Amazon Japan vouchers.

Not likely I'll have ¥35,000 Yen before Anime Export's pre-order window closes, but I might purchase a second copy through Nippon Yasan (either one I could then ship slow-boat), or I might wait for the inevitable reissue.

For those from the US or other countries with no tax you're going to get a fucking great price from Amazon Japan, with the fastest delivery and best customer service.

• Like Like x 4
  8. jackisking

News Credits:
    Yup, normally the discount gets to 34-36%, with 1550 for shipping , probably cheaper because I ordered the generations book he'll be like $290 is I believe.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    I also did my preorder now, but had to choose Slovenia because they don't ship to Serbia. I'll see how NY price will be with shipping, since I will be able to ask them to severely under-declare the order, which should reduce my import fees drastically. I expect Amazon will not be able to reduce the price below 32k yen at any time anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  10. MajinSin

MajinSin Decepticon

I've never ordered from Amazon Japan before.

I live in the UK and the postage and import is bringing my total to nearly 70,000. Is that normal?

Even with the 30% discount, that would be pretty much the same price for me I think.

Am I missing something?

11. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, you aren't missing anything ordering from the UK.

I already stated my reasons for going with Amazon Japan (fast shipping, excellent customer service, paying in instalments by buying Amazon vouchers). If you're happy to go with Kapow or TFS Express, it'll be about the same price.

Otherwise try going with Anime Export or Nippon Yasan, as they mark down the value of their packages, and often escape customs duty that way.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jackisking

News Credits:
    Aren't import fees related to price? I'm guessing they end up lower for an item priced at 35000 yen

13. Sammael

News Credits:
    Yes, they should decrease proportionately. HOWEVER, it's possible that they won't decrease automatically but that Amazon will issue a refund after the package is cleared through customs.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely true. But even ordering from Amazon Japan, factoring in discounts, I'll end up paying 50,000 JPY (the actual price in Japan).

For people in the UK it could end up even worse if the exchange rate plummets between now and then. I'm tempted to put in a deposit order from Kapow (if they have that option), just in case the Pound drops vastly against the Euro between now and next August.

15. MajinSin

MajinSin Decepticon

That's really helpful, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  16. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Why don't you purchase a few Amazon gift cards and put those towards your order? You could basically pay it off straight away.

• Like Like x 1
  17. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

isn't AJ usually cheaper? I am confused by the fact that they are charging the same amount as US retailers....odd.

• Like Like x 1
  18. jackisking

News Credits:
    It's no discount added when an item is originally posted. That want start showing up till the next few hours or days.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As I've explained in my posts, that's exactly why I did purchase from Amazon Japan. Along with the fast shipping and excellent customer service.

I'll be purchasing Amazon Japan gift cards every month until August, to really spread it out.

The price will go down

a lot

They usually end up with at least the same 30% discount as Anime Export.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Sammael

News Credits:
    AJ always makes the initial listing at MSRP and then adds the discount at a later date.

• Like Like x 2