Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    I don't like being told what to do.

All of you telling me I have a moral responsibility to NOT buy this and send Takara a message are pushing me closer to getting one.

Maybe I'll even go ahead and get two. That'll send a message.

• Like Like x 13
  2. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Lol. I was the first one reported mpm Ironhide qc issue months ago. But thanks for taking the time to imagine my thought process.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you buy THIS then YOU are part of the problem!

• Like Like x 6
  4. Bloodstriker

Bloodstriker Well-Known Member

I know how you feel. Maybe I’ll do the same and buy three.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm good with one. By choice.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bloodstriker

Edit: I did not realize that blue was used for sarcasm. My apologies and please disregard the comments below.

Sorry, and what is the problem exactly? The price is too high? For who?

Takara is increasing prices to maximize profit? Hmm that’s what a corporation does. It’s their gamble on if they price out too many people that demand falls enough so that they incur lower profits. Well, they haven’t priced me out yet. At least not for this specific figure. I wouldn’t pay $450 for an MP Hound. For Prime? Sure, why not.

I understand you want to “send Takara a message.” However, it’s not a message that I care to send. I vote with my wallet. You do the same with yours. Saying that we are part of the problem only shows that you have a problem yourself.

What if I told you I hoped that Takara made MP-44 an even better figure than what they showed? I want them to hire Peter Cullen for custom voices. I want more paint. I want better materials. I want this to come in a collectors box. What about making the figure self transform with the push of a button in an app? Hmm..maybe if they did that, they would charge $2500. But I still want it. I blame all
    those who won’t even pay the piddly $450 for why I can’t have my super mega Prime. It doesn’t work this way.

I do NOT owe it to others to change my purchase decisions for their benefit.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Ah come on guys... I work 60 hour work weeks and bring home over 1k a week after taxes; but at 450 bucks for a transforming toy, I'm back peddling.

I can't believe I just went through 300+ posts of crap about prices and if they're justified.

I love transformers... I follow all lines... everything has seen a drastically increased cost just to stay in the game... but 450 bucks?

For an optimus prime transforming toy?

That's edging on the cost I paid for a Korean oversized g2 bootleg boxset bruticus!

This is not a rare, super sought-after discontinued item that demands a collectors deep pockets.

It hasn't even been released yet, and people are willing to pay any asking price just to stay in the game.

While trying not to throw stones in glass houses, I have to bow out if this 450 price point is legit... that price is absurd.

Anyone happy to pay it, is seriously over compensating for something...

enter all puns now.

• Like Like x 2
  8. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    @HolyCulture is firmly in your camp dude. Hence the blue text.

In case you aren't aware, blue text indicates sarcasm on this website :) 

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bloodstriker

What can I say? I read your post and fully respect your financial situation and decision to not purchase this figure. I understand completely.

However, I lost respect for you when you say that “anyone happy to pay it, is seriously over compensating for something.”

This is the issue that the purchasers are facing. Why the personal attacks? It’s uncalled for. Why is it up to us to not buy what we want because others can’t afford or are not willing to pay for the item?

In regards to “over compensating” - did you ever think that $450 doesn’t mean to you what it means to me? Does it occur to you that rude remarks like that show more of what kind of a person you are and less about the people you are criticizing?

• Like Like x 4
  10. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Nope.

The second to last sentence is all you cared to address... kinda speaks for itself atm.

11. Bloodstriker

I never knew that about the blue text! Thank you for clarifying that for me.

I apologize to HolyCulture for the misunderstanding. Learn something new everyday....

• Like Like x 4
  12. Bloodstriker

My point exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. vvvTheONEvvv

News Credits:
    Sooo... your point, in exact reference to mine, is nope?

Lmao... get some sleep, come back later.

14. Bloodstriker

Read my reply again. I addressed everything else by saying I respect your opinions on why you won’t buy or deem the figure too expensive.

Of course I spent more time addressing what I consider to be a crass uncalled-for comment.

Also, I asked if you ever occurred to you that being rude shows more about you than about those your criticize - to you which you responded “nope”. And that is my point.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bloodstriker

At least you have the right idea here. It’s late and I’m going to sleep. We can chat later.

Thanks for the debate - I enjoyed our banter even though we disagree. It’s interesting to see how others think.

• Like Like x 1
  16. gluejohn

gluejohn Well-Known Member

I’m psyched about this design but two things bother me: the backpack still seems a bit large, and if there is indeed a sound feature in there, I feel like it unnecessarily adds bulk that could otherwise be streamlined. The other thing is that tippy-toe looking stance that seems to be a side effect of the back of the articulated foot’s silhouette being shorter and than the rest of the leg’s bell bottom shape.

Other than that, this thing is magnificent.

17. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

don't be a pussy...get 3. You know, like a REAL man.:p 

18. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    I've seen the tippy-toe thing mentioned a few times before. I think what's going on in that particular promo shot is that Prime is doing a little bit of a pelvic thrust and his legs are angled slightly backwards.
    If you compare it to the earlier promo shot from Dengeki Hobby you'll see that, while not exactly touching the ground, the bottom of his legs are parallel to the ground.

V3.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  19. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Different target audiences.

Note that Europe has been paying $30+ for deluxes for years now, and since none of the European countries have the favorable tariff agreements with Japan and all have VAT, Europeans consistently pay more for all imports.

• Like Like x 2
  20. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    Well. If an anonymous stranger calls me a pussy on the internet, what choice do I have? Done. Three pre-ordered.

And not only will I enjoy my three toys, they'll be extra special knowing that I've sent a clear and loud message to Takara that I'll pay anything they want for future toys, so they can charge $300 for MP Skids.

We'll price the poor pieces of shit out of this hobby and then it'll only be rich bastards that can own these children's toys. That'll be best for everyone.

Hmmm. My cigar went out. Guess I'll fire it up with a fresh $100 bill.

• Like Like x 25
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.