Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hasbro would never bring this over to American unless it was massively stripped down. They'd need to sell it at a cheaper price ($150-200) and with a smaller packaging size.

Their version would probably have:
    • Energy axe x 1
    • Beam special effects x 2
    • Laser rifle x 1
    • Spike x 1
    • Carly x 1
    • Sparkplug x 1
    • Rocket Backpack x 1
    • Starscream head x 1
    • Starscream Wings Accessories x 1
    • An Unknown Item x 1 (((WATCH IT BE THE GODDAMN BASKETBALL. JUST WATCH!)))
    • Replacement Head Carving x 1
    • War Damage Head x 1
    • Battle Damage Chest Parts x 1
    • Character card x 1

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

I remember when I sold my mp-10 convoy. It felt like it was eternity then, but I don't know how I feel losing mp-10 in the long run. It's just that mp-10 never had any developed characteristics feeling like Optimus Prime, despite his trailer being more than massively sufficient I just want to have that special feeling of being able to open my box, and remember what engineering means to be like when it's so charming and sufficient to be in your hands. It still amazes me about how proportionate mp-44 feels to his cartoon attitude, and how stoic his eyes look with the characteristics of his chest building about with subtle viscosity of design. I dare say there should be more in his structure, mainly with the grill, and how short it is, but I feel it's all carefully visualized through so much purpose and simplicity. His character was always something to admire, and to have him look like a statue with these defined cues of robot and truck, make it mesmerizing to admire him from the photos. The issue I always felt with Mp-10, was how artificial he had felt when I had transformed him back into robot mode. There's almost nothing interesting to pose, as he's had countless redecoes and repaints than imagined, and it doesn't make the experience that all entertaining to me. I loved the detail on Mp-10, but I could always see him being balanced in terms of height and design, with his massive truck intakes on the side. I could almost compare to how the Original Yamato v2 1/60 Vf-1S Felt to me, as almost everybody traded it with such delicate eyes with inflation growing through the roof, and with some many options, it felt like it was a brand of it's own that point, and it's comparable to Mp-10. Weird thing is, is that Arcadia, the company that picked up the traces of a Bankrupt Yamato company, had hiked up the prices of the same v2 valkyries due to "inflation" and "run costs", which their msrp was double than when the old v2 vf-1's sold, making it much more expensive to collect newer valkyries, and not innovating the designs. At the same time right now, Bandai is releasing a vf-1j, which is 1/48 scale, new accessories, articulation, and even lower at than the Arcadia valkyries, with new design, and even being sold out 5x quicker than the Arcadia release. It's opportune to compare it to how Takara is handling both models, and it's almost contrasting a sub brand of it's own, to a fantastic new mold to another standard just like Mp-36 had done. If there is some complaints about my argument of what is a modern, and yet retrospective aesthetic, I must present the X-transbots Skids. Not only was I transversed to another plain of memory, called childhood. It was so beautiful in it's aesthetic, and what it was trying to achieve in it's purpose of a character having a very miniscule in the g1 continuity, not idw. To have the charm of a Honda city Turbo 2, and an awkward looking character, be given this heroic aesthetic of form and design, was well worth what I was wanting in it, and had exploited everyone's expectations. He wasn't too cartoon accurate to begin with, as he had a decided tone to him, that was in some ways spectacular to me with an action figure feel that still excites me more than most figures that I buy. I do however, whole heartedly tell, I will buy this Optimus Prime soon enough, with the right kind of money, for the right kind of price, because I don't feel like I'm going to be cheated on this optimus. Your money is your opponent, but what is there to gain or lose? A character you cried when he was dying, or how an action figure should feel with such soft curves and playbility be?

• Like Like x 1
  3. CanadaMike

CanadaMike Yeesss

Nope, desktop tower, actually it does not happen if I refresh page before posting another comment.

4. Robotmonkeys

Robotmonkeys Sons of Cybertron

Ebay:
    Worth reposting !!! Thanks for updating Brutking!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shunwei

Shunwei Well-Known Member

Thing is i betcha after this the seekers will be ‘redone’ and will start at 300, and on we go for another round of seekers, maybe new ‘
    For one thing i never cried when Optimus died, i always thought he was too paternalistic and lacked that ‘human’ touch as a character. But even if I did, I think I would cry for my wallet more if I were to really bend over for TT and take that 450 up my . . . .

• Like Like x 1
  6. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Odd. Check out the Tech Support forum...might be something useful in there. TFW2005 Tech Support

7. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Man MP Prime 3.0 looks absolutely gorgeous but boy that does price tag hit the wallet hard.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Spadeshock

Spadeshock Mostly unpleasant

8373FFCE-7111-4A21-A1EE-F1BDF09D132A.jpeg
    That backpack does not look 400 dollar quality to me. Unless the qc is absolutely flawless, i genuinely don't understand where this price point comes from.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  9. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I see what you did there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. L3281

L3281 Well-Known Member

Well there goes $400 I guess...

11. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    It may have taken nearly 35 years, but we are finally getting the perfect Sunbow/86' Movie Accurate Optimus Prime.

BEAUTIFUL!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Takara: So BBTS how many units did it sell?
    BBTS: Five.
    Takara: Five what? Five million? Five thousand? Five hundred?
    BBTS: Five.
    Tkara: MP-44 was a mistake.

• Like Like x 8
  13. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not sure what I did there? :peoples: 

14. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    FF13464A-19FF-4782-B94D-83594081B008.png

• Like Like x 3
  15. 80sboy4

80sboy4 Well-Known Member

16. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Prime's value will be more apparent in how he handles, versus how he looks. Beast Megatron looks spectacular, but engineering-wise doesn't look particular groundbreaking. Mostly a refinement of the original Ultra Megatron.

Prime is probably going to be more like Sunstreaker, where he doesn't look particularly flashy, but then you start handling him and realize just how much stuff is packed into his frame for the sake of that magic transformation. Sunstreaker on his surface doesn't necessarily look to be worth $40 more than his other car-bot brethren, but then you get him in hand and he's like, twice as heavy (exaggeration) because he's so dense with parts.

• Like Like x 2
  17. BowtiedTrombone

BowtiedTrombone Member

WAIT I thought that was supposed to be the jetpack attached. Big oof

• Like Like x 2
  18. L3281

L3281 Well-Known Member

Well there goes $400 I guess...

19. Black Conoy

Black Conoy Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    I hope that price is not true, I really do want this

20. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Look, the price is shit. Just bullshit.

But this shit looks great. Y'know, ignoring the backpack.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.