Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I'll take that bet.

• Like Like x 1
  2. samisham

Honestly that'd be a pretty interesting idea to try, new mold MP multi-packs for higher prices, like the RID Autobot Bros. if they ever start doing RID.

That being said I really doubt that's the case.

3. fearthehoss75

fearthehoss75 Well-Known Member

Why not offer a super limited or made to order deluxe addition with the extra accessories and a standard version with just prime, trailer, weapons? Two price points for two different consumers...

• Like Like x 1
  4. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Is anyone tracking the specific IDs of ppl bitching who will inevitably post 9 months from now abt how fucking awesome this toy is?? (I’m numero uno btw) :) 

• Like Like x 3
  5. samisham

I really hope someone from Haskara is reading this because this is a really good idea.

• Like Like x 1
  6. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dark Awakening zombie Prime head?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The fact it says war damage as opposed to battle damage like with the chest implies they’re different things. The unknown item could even be a TM Megatron done to scale blasting him

• Like Like x 1
  8. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    Actual grey prototype does worth $500+ tho.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good question is how much will the KO be then :p 

• Like Like x 3
  10. samisham

I don't know if that counts as war damage though since he was i place to fight back, wouldn't that be botched assassination damage?

11. Shaundiesel

Shaundiesel Well-Known Member

Here's my problem, it's not saving the money. It can be done in the time alotted. Its, Is this thing worth $450? Things are worth what people are willing to pay for them. Not sure if I am. For $450 I expect quite a bit. Like a 2ft tall robot with lights and 6 bots or a fun weekend with some blow...

• Like Like x 12
  12. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they are in financial trouble, this is the stupidest thing they can do

This. Absoultely not worth it. This figure is not $200 better than MP10.

• Like Like x 3
  13. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Much as I hate to jump onto the "too expensive" bandwagon here. This really is too much to ask for a 'cartoon accurate' version of Prime. The prices of Masterpieces have shot up insanely in the past few years as it is.
    Where we once had 3rd party companies doing MP style figures for higher prices due to lower manufacturing versus official Takara MPs...now we have the official MPs costing more than 3rd party!

I bought Fans Toys MP scaled Omega Supreme last year and it was still cheaper than this v3 Optimus that is coming from Takara!

Get rid of all the 'as seen on one episode of the cartoon' crap like the Starscream head and stuff. Get rid of the animated movie battle damage pieces. Anything to reduce the price.
    Otherwise, I guess the MP line is know officially for the super well off in terms of money, and I'm thinking the KO people are going to make some bank here in the future because of that.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, it was called Beast Wars so half the name of the show is there

15. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $200 discount is not going to happen

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Without knowing the complete contents of the MP44 box, it's impossible to ascertain that this is not worth the asking price. I am not defending Takara, but until we know what they've got in there, there's no way for us to know why the price is as high as it is.

Wouldn't be surprised if most people's tunes would change if the trailer ended up transforming into a figure of its own. Who knows what surprises that thing holds?

• Like Like x 3
  17. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your reply is sensible but in regard to the negativity, do you never talk to anyone about anything you dislike? Do you never admit to disliking something? Will you never tell anyone something that bothers you? I am not attacking you, just curious about the way negativity gets dismissed as if it does not belong.

The way I see it, a conversation or a chat about something encompasses everything. So, I understand why people share negativity and I try to empathize or agree, and I'm happy to see when something comes along that the fandom can be really positive about. Now, I don't like name calling or attacking each other, and threats or dirty jokes aren't good, but general negative responses? I just don't see why not. Sharing your thoughts about your interests is why this website and these threads exist.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
  18. Jerrimus

Jerrimus BOSS

Ebay:
    This is insane. I feel like Takara thinks that adding these extra parts will make everyone think the price is fair...I believe they have gone too far this time. Masterpiece is getting out of hand. Especially when they want the high price and still have qc issues.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

If it is $440 normal price, let's say the better Asian Ebay sellers, offer it at $350, if you wait for a flash sale, most likely a 15% off, this piece will cost $297. Also, after looking at the Magic Square Prime, I now understand why this piece will sell well, I am going to get one myself. As far as primes go, the trailer and all the extras are a waste, only accessories ,needed are his gun, the vibro axe, and the matrix.

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Who is to say Takara won't release an MP44 version as described in your last sentence? I have a feeling this MP44 comes with a lot more which led to the price. People are already acting like the 5K yen version is the only one we will see.