Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

It’s gna be a lil weird posting pics of this guy when it comes in hand while everyone else sits on the sideline ... some class warfare type shit haha

2. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    Waiting for a MP1 style sku. This one is too much expensive and nobody want starscream pieces ti jack up the final price (well, i don't want them)

3. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream head is for the “dressing up as Prime” gimmick. Wings will most likely just be the shoulder pylons for Starscream, not full wings.
    20D60A1B-7F8C-4D15-9758-F65F73FF4B44.jpeg
    Energy treasure is probably a matrix.
    Energy supply tube is probably the refueling hose for Roller.
    Replacement head will probably be season 1 head vs 86 movie head.
    Rocket backpack is probably just going to be a hollow clip on piece that covers the mess of kibble in his back. Either that or the speaker module is detachable and can be replaced with a jet pack?
    Everything else is probably pretty stock standard for a Prime.
    Spike, Carley and Sparkplug might be okay, but judging from past MP human figs they’ll either be ugly articulated messes or static statues like Raoul and Chip Chase. I expect statues myself.
    There’s a lot here and it will make a great KO set. But not worth the high price they’ll charge for the official version.
    My guess is either 40k yen (making it 5k more than BW Megs and continuing the upwards trend - G1 Megs 25k, BW Dino 30k, BW Megs 35k and G1 Prime 40k - makes a certain kind of stupid sense)
    Either that or the mass of silly extras will make them think they can charge 50k
    Either way it’s much to rich for me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Had some more fun cross-referencing and calculating.
    This figure will cost as much as MP1, MP4 and MP10 combined.
    Worth it? You be the judge.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Actually? I think for a lot of MP collectors, the Prime Wars are over and Takara were not the victor's.

At 50,000 Yen, even with a 30% pre-order discount, that would come to US$340 for me, plus international shipping - which will be another $30-40 given the size (I'm in Aus so not only can't I buy from Amazon Japan, I get hit with a 10% GST on purchases) This is not worth US$380 for me.

I'll also be very surprised if repaints sell very well at that price?

• Like Like x 4
  6. fsfeedback

fsfeedback Well-Known Member

main body X1 - MP-44 for sure
    compartment X1 - The trailer, but total features are TBD.
    cabin anti-aircraft gun X1 - I wonder if this is gonna be more like the G1 toy, MP-4, MP-10, or will this be more like the one from the G1 Cartoon and that looked a bit different and could roll out of the trailer.
    small ball X1 - I believed this was going to be the basketball, but someone said this is the Chinese name for Roller.
    energy axe X1 - Sherman dam weapon.
    beam special effects X2
    laser rifle X1 - Rifle, nuff said.
    energy treasure X1 - Starganderfish said this is probably the Matrix, but I am guessing this is Vector Sigma. MP-36 came with the Key, and I believe that Prime will come with Vector Sigma. I believe the Matrix may just end up in the figure when packaged.
    energy supply tube X1 - Starganderfish again pointed out that this is probably the refuel tube for roller, but I wonder if it could be the tubes from the first ep that Wheeljack and Bumblebee were trying to transport. The Roller tube I imagine would come with MP-44+ (Toy version)
    Spike X1
    Carly X1
    Spike Pula (Sparkplug) X1
    Rocket Backpack X1 - It will most likely be the one that Prime got from Sideswipe, but it could be one from Dinobot Island. I don't remember if he used one if that episode.
    Starscream Head X1 - For sure what Starganderfish pointed out.
    Starscream Wings Accessories X1 - I believe Starganderfish is correct that these are the shoulder pylons, but I really hope they are not actual wings like the weird Hot Toys figure.
    An Unknown Item X1 - This one is a fun one. It could be the Matrix, or even Vector Sigma. Could be the basketball, or even the grill with the reflection. It could be the device that Prime and Megatron shot up into the sky and hit Starscream with. There are loads of things this could be, and could supersede the other items.
    Replacement Head Carving X1 - Maybe a season 1 head, or some kind of maskless face.
    War Damage Head X1 - Battle damage head, and not just a face plate.
    Battle Damage Chest Parts X1 - Probably cracked windows, and maybe even the abdomen wound parts.
    character card X1

Yeah Dinobot Island had a Jetpack that was different from the one in MTMTE part 3.
    [​IMG]
    and this is the one from MTMTE part 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Starganderfish

News Credits:
    Only way to justify the ridiculous price on Prime would be if this "Unknown item" is an MP Huffer able to pull Primes Trailer!!
    upload_2018-11-28_22-56-24.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  8. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Ahh...yes thats a good guess and properly correct....still don't need or want them though lol. I mean honestly who has 'Dress Up Prime" at the top (or indeed anywhere in) their wishlist of accessories?

Energy treasure is probably a matrix. - Yeah I reckon also thats correct, again not for me but understandable seeing as Mp-36 has the key
    Energy supply tube is probably the refueling hose for Roller. - heh why did I not think of that...again don't need it but an expected accessory.
    Replacement head will probably be season 1 head vs 86 movie head. - I thought this too and something I would welcome as an accessory as it makes a lot of sense.
    Rocket backpack is probably just going to be a hollow clip on piece that covers the mess of kibble in his back. Either that or the speaker module is detachable and can be replaced with a jet pack? - The former meh, the later I bloody hope so!

You are right the rest is fairly stock standard for Prime, especially based on MP-10. I do enjoy having Spike so I guess if I were to replace my MP-10 with this Id want a replacement Spike and Sparkplug would be cool too as I do have some nostalgia for MTMTE part 1 & 2 or "Arrival from Cybertron' as it was called on the VHS I had as a child (one of the few bits of theTV series I actually watched as a child). Carly I have no attachment too but sure go on chuck her in too.

You are knocking this out of the park, you've hit the nail on the head there. Id agree it would make a great KO set but its totally unnecessary and, if I were being cynical, possible thrown in there to try and add/justify value to already expensive toy.

Again I totally agree.

9. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

Maybe they will remove all the unnecessary shit from the repaints.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Heh. So if one only wanted a Prime to go with MP-36 then it makes more sense to go 3P or to hunt for an used MP-10 instead...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So $400 was pretty accurate after all...

Hot damn TakTom, you just killed the MP line. :lol 

Seriously though...that sucks for everyone that wants him.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    MP-10 came out in 2011 ? It was a late September release. Hasbro didn’t get an MP10 till the following year. That’s why I said Initial release. You couldn’t find him any cheaper then 250.

13. alogo

alogo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So let me get this straight. Mp 36 with all its accessories is $220. With today's exchange rates this is exactly double the price. So i pay for a box with accessories the same amount as a whole figure which is completely painted and, from an engineering perspective, extremely complicated.

Unless the trailer can do what MP36 does or at a similar level, i think that KO will have a field day and most of us are out. Sure hardcore fans will get it and maybe they have accounted for that. Higher price lower pieces, same amount of money for them.

They are definitely not higher end collectables though. They are not at SOC level and definitely not at HT level. Hulkbuster was 1000 and this is 400!!! Doesn't make sense.

Not to mention that i live in Greece and i am already outpriced of this. (Unless some retailer offers installments which not a single retailer does at least in the EU/UK)

• Like Like x 5
  14. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Sooo, does it really come with spike, spark plug and Carly or is somebody being hopeful?

15. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    I wonder how much he would cost without the unnecessary accessories.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Temp1

Temp1 Well-Known Member

Could it be that MP-44 is just V3 OP with his accessories (like battle damage stuff, blaster etc) and the other box is the trailer with roller etc?

Maybe you can buy them separately? That would be better for me as I don't have/want anywhere to put the trailer.

17. KABAR432

KABAR432 giving beasts a forever home

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Who's getting the Takasa Tony?

• Like Like x 11
  18. BrutiKing

BrutiKing M O I S T

News Credits:
    Just curious, how would you preorder from amazon japan? Do you order directly or go through a proxy? I once tried to order there, but it said it couldn’t ship to my location.

19. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

I order directly, if it doesn't ship to my address then I go to other shops.

• Like Like x 2
  20. eVac Z

eVac Z Cybertron and all of its figures belong to ME!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    For this amount of money I'm able to rebuy an entire Zeta Bruticus and still have money left.

I want to support Takara, but this absolutely takes the cake. I'll wait for the inevitable improved knockoff at half the price.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.