Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That’s pretty much my thinking too. The truck cab sides have a fairly obvious double hinge (between the two vertical grab bars) that would allow the entire side panels to fold in half on themselves, opening door included. The folded in half cab sides I’m guessing end up in the middle of the torso behind the matrix chamber but in front of the roof panels and backpack which is made from the front of the truck.

• Like Like x 6
  2. chchchch

chchchch Floptimus Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Blarg, I wish I wasn't on my phone right now so I could draw a circle, but there's also what appears to be a joint just to the lower right of the blue circle you drew that could maybe be part of a door swiveling inside. There's a clearer view of it in the one rear overhead shot (sorry I can't find a good copy to attach at the moment).

• Like Like x 2
  3. chchchch

chchchch Floptimus Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Yeah, I just can't see where else they could go without folding up more. I'm also guessing that the forearms end up in their traditional position, but are just covered up by the thin door/side panels, but who knows.

This is the shot (ignore red circle, look at blue circle):
    sketch-1541778336064~2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    Well, to be fair, he didn't INVENT the idea. It was social commentary. Even as an older Gen X-er, he was raised with his parents and teachers and all the adults in his life telling him and every other kid that they're a beautiful and unique snowflake. No one else in the world is quite like you. You're so special.

And it takes a cynical twist when Tyler Durden reminds us "You are not a beautiful unique snowflake. You're the same rotting matter as everything else. You are not your job. You're not your fucking khakis."

In the last two years, the use of the word seems to have gotten distorted by implying that people are fragile and will melt.

I don't think Fight Club was written about "toxic" masculinity at all...it was about ALL masculinity.

Go listen to Chuck's interview with Joe Rogan from a month or two ago; it's pretty fascinating stuff. Both he and another recent guest (Billy Corgan) remarked about how weird and strange and awesome it is to have their work be so popular and influential that basically anywhere they go in the country (and in some parts of the world) people will quote their work on a daily basis. That's gotta be a wild feeling, knowing you had that much influence on the public zeitgeist. Maybe Pahlaniak more than Corgan....the whole "The first rule of ____ is" quote that people use and of course the snowflake quote getting thrown around and bastardized and misinterpreted.

Anywayyyyyyyy.

How bout that Convoy huh? Ain't she a beautiful sight?

Come on and join our convoy
    Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way.
    We gonna roll this truckin' convoy
    'Cross the U-S-A.
    Convoy!

• Like Like x 4
  5. G2 Superion is fabulous

G2 Superion is fabulous Your standard gay teenager

The garbage can behind your local Applebees.
    You seem more educated than me so I'm gonna shut my mouth. I'm really sorry for throwing everything off topic! Yeah! I genuinely am excited to see how this figure shapes up! It looks better every time I see it!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I won't do that but you gave me an interesting IDEA.

I'll be back, with weapons.(or bashes)

• Like Like x 3
  7. e prime

e prime Chosen by the matrix

I for one can't wait to see this guy transform.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 TFW2005 Supporter

I just hope his paintwork holds up ok after everything is folded up/in/over/under haha. I’m assuming there may be some scrapes here and there, but we shall see I guess!

FFS if I have to wait much longer for news I’m gonna bust a gasket! :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  9. My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe

My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe Well-Known Member

*flashbacks to FIRBIB, Trukk not Munky, Transformers Animated Designs, whether or not Bluestreak was blue, Beast Machines death threats, etc.*

• Like Like x 4
  10. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I read your post and kept going “uh huh” after each example but then started laughing out loud when I got to Beast Machine death threats.

It’s funny because it’s true.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Stigcrafter

Stigcrafter Andrew

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Wonder how this will hold up against my current G1 Primes, I mean they all have pretty solid vehicle modes...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  12. Sam

Sam 229 days

News Credits:
    Yup that all makes sense. And maybe the MP-1/10 style of hiding the front tyre really is the only logical way to do it, is that a hint of Prime's grey robot side behind the wheel:

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 23.40.37.png

It's definitely not as simple as the previous MPs because the angle is wrong for it to be, but maybe the wheel then folds out of the side cavity kinda like Ironhide's rear wheels or Sunstreaker's front wheels (they've got the whole wheel on a joint thing down pretty well now).

Obviously it's pretty clear now that these are the headlights:

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 23.46.15.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 23.46.18.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 23.45.46.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 23.45.40.png

And that these are the rears of the sides of the bumper (folded forward and then flipped over his back)

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 23.47.31.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 23.47.28.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 23.47.38.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 23.45.40.png

One thing I really like is the space for a licence plate on the front. Maybe they'll tie in a Diaclone homage on the + repaint

http://www.tf-1.com/articles/pretf/joustradia/jdiadetail10.jpg

Or maybe with a slight alteration
    http://www.tf-1.com/articles/pretf/joustradia/primesstockpic1.jpg
    (photo of Battle Convoy and G1 box courtesy of @Maz here Article joustradia
    Check out this article, it's an awesome read!)

The translucent parts on the bumper are also a great touch. Just shows how toy-accurate the proportions of the bumper are, too. I hope Maz doesn't mind me sharing another of his photos:

http://www.tf-1.com/articles/pretf/joustradia/jdiatruck9.jpg [​IMG]

The side-by-side is uncanny in many ways. So cool to see the evolution.

I agree with many, that I don't want silver stripes in truck mode for the regular release. Save that for the toy repaint (and if they can give the toy repaint rounded headlights - fuck me that would be brilliant!)

I know right now the wait is pretty shit, but this is the last wait we'll ever have for the best cartoon Masterpiece Optimus Prime - probably of all time. It'll all be over soon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
  13. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Well-Known Member

Sam, you're making the waiting that much sweeter and more tolerable with the interesting reflections/speculations.

I am also loving the digibashes by others. Any productive, creative content--speculation, coloring, gets a pass from me. :) 
    Thanks for keeping it lively here, mates!

@Sam, I'm not seeing the linked images from Maz's article--perhaps if you saved them and uploaded them again?

Then again, I dunno if it's worth your time to do so... I am about to just go read the linked article. I'm sure other curious persons could do the same.

• Like Like x 7
  14. chchchch

chchchch Floptimus Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Haha, at first I saw that same red circle and thought you meant that the screws in the back of his head were the headlights. Since you're pretty much always right I then started trying to figure out how this could be the case before I scrolled down another half inch and realized what you meant :lol 
    Ooh, maybe that is the grey robot part! I do think the wheels will fold in that way, if only because it's such a great trick and it doesn't seem to contradict any of the other theories for the rest of the transformation.

Now that I've been staring at it, I noticed something--could the "pointy" protrusions on these panels of the truck side be the same weird pointy shapes under his robot abs? Depending on how the doors/sides fold in, I could see some or all of those points ending up there. Probably not, but maybe.
    TransformPoints.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. blaine71274

blaine71274 Recovering Completist

I'm not complaining by any means that we were informed that there would be a new Prime, but I think they teased us too early. It feels like an eternity. We should have at least had color proto reveals by now. The longer we wait the deeper the conversations are going to get.

• Like Like x 3
  16. e prime

e prime Chosen by the matrix

I
    100% agree. We are and really have been desperate for any new information. I know that these things go typically 12 to 14 months between reveal and release. However we haven't really had a full reveal. Just a series of teases. Wonderfest did give us a good look at both modes. That said we should have at least had the mp# officially revealed. I feel like we will be getting more information soon though. Especially if takara is shooting for a April release. I have to credit the community. We have kept this thread going for 463 pages so far based on very little. Its been a journey. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Doesn't care to bother aiming

News Credits:
    Back in '84 Optimus Prime was the greatest thing. I wanted him the most but I couldn't find him anywhere for a couple months. But now that they've beat him into the ground I'm sick & tired of him. Now he's on my automatic ignore list. Been there, done that! Soooooo sick of him & Bumblebee that I'm losing interest in the franchise altogether.

Where are Masterpiece Dreadwind & Darkwing? Or MP Misfire, Triggerhappy & Slugslinger? Or Whirl, Roadbuster or the deluxe insecticons? Or Scourge & Cyclonus?

I had the original MP Optimus Prime with a transforming trailer & all the Alternators. It was cool at the time but I'm done with that. I already did it. No need to keep wasting money on the same figure.

18. oku

oku Oh.

News Credits:
    MP41 was teased 15 months before release.

• Like Like x 2
  19. blaine71274

blaine71274 Recovering Completist

Right, but we a actually have a viable figure that could have already had an official color, accessories, gimmicks reveal.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    So you come to a thread dedicated to MP Prime to bitch about it?

• Like Like x 10