Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Wow, this looks great.

• Like Like x 6
  2. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The front of the truck mode looks like panel tetris

3. Dickyscrubbs

Dickyscrubbs Well-Known Member

This will be MP-Origami Prime....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

The apparent model for how TT thinks torsos and legs should be proportioned:

TFW Props.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  5. neko

neko Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Cool! No more windshield wipers in robot mode :cool: 

• Like Like x 3
  6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, it's this:

His waist isn't up under his armpits. It's right at the middle of the forearm where it should be.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Wow. He looks worth it, I have to admit. I just hope he transforms well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Not sure if the hands can do a thumbs up...but that digibash! Hot damn!!!:D :D :D 

9. RustedCross

RustedCross Well-Known Member

Looking at his chest...I wonder if he has the inside cover plate for the matrix.
    It looks like it is there in robot mode.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    I get the feeling he'll be easier to handle than he looks. No mass shifting like Megatron, and no extra gimmick of hiding extra car bits like Sunstreaker, so the transformation process should be a lot more efficient. Larger size to work with without Megatron's panel origami going on likely means a more fluid conversion.

Most definitely. They went out of their way to give Megatron movie-based accessories, so Optimus will get the same treatment. They'll be detailing him up as much as they can to replicate everything The Movie showed us.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

I got a better idea. Rally up the troops, makes some noise on the forums, and let the designers know their "new direction" blows monkey balls. Care to join the cause?

12. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Ah I gotcha. And I wasn’t trying to dig at you, I was just saying I had speculated about it before we even had full prototype pics (in order to stroke my own ego:D ).

13. ruru

ruru Well-Known Member

This is called very constructive criticism. If you can't hear anything negative about something you like I would avoid threads discussing newer figures where people are comparing them to older ones. This is what I came for. I agree with this dude almost entirely.

14. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By real car era, I was referring to what the MP line represented prior to the current slavishly cartoon accurate aesthetic. The new bot mode look just doesn't look very good in my current collection. Of course this is a personal preference and I don't knock anyone that likes the current direction. It's just not for me, not to mention, I considered my collection nearly complete. I'm not inclined to start all over just for a uniform aesthetic.

15. RustedCross

RustedCross Well-Known Member

You know...they could go for a true money grab and just offer up an unpainted version of this, and call it \"Dead Optimus\".
    You know it would sell.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Hah, no.

Look at how many damned versions of Mazinger the Japanese keep making, and keep selling out. The Japanese love their retro robots, which is in all likelihood why the aesthetic shift happened in the first place.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This is beautiful.

I'm no expert and can't make diagrams like Liampope or Dean ML but.....

I believe the windows are the same part for both modes.
    If you look to the right of the window in robot mode, there is a type of joint/hinge that looks like it moves outwards then rotates 180 degrees.
    The windows then facing outwards to the right and left fold back on themselves meeting in the middle but reversed.
    The reverse sides of the windows likely have an indentation lip like primes opened chest in his deathbed scene.
    The parts we see on his alt mode around the windows that include wipers etc likely clip into these indentations, creating a different looking front.

Hard to deduce what the back kibble is exactly but I honestly think it will be well thought out like Inferno without being too obtrusive.
    The folding gun gimmick was one of my fav things about MP10, I\'m glad they kept it... that ass whooping Optimus Prime gave out during that Movie scene was one of the best Transformers moments of all time.

Nice to see an ab-crunch joint and non-dead eyes!.. Love the translucent arrows on the forearms.
    I would have loved to have seen translucent running lights and translucent crotch details but hey, no biggie.
    Extremely curious to see how the battle damaged parts will interchange.. bring on more images!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  18. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

I hate how much I'm starting to want this... :D 
    These digibashes aren't helping me not buy this.

As for the faux windshield and all that, I shunned Sunstreaker for a long time for that cheat.... Yet now, Sunstreaker is one of my favorite MP's.
    I'm sure the cheat for Prime will be both good looking and fun to transform. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ratzo99

Ratzo99 Well-Known Member

This looks AWESOME. Nice to have different styled MP\'s for those with different tastes/desires. For me, this will be my ultimate Optimus. It\'s got the feel of MP-01, with the updates of today\'s engineering. Amazing.
    To those from the past who always balked at speculation that there was room for a more \"cartoon accurate\" Prime (and those who thought MP-01 was ugly)–well–how does your foot taste? Don\'t choke, this is going to look incredible when we see it in colour. Takara is pulling out all the stops these days. This will be articulated like crazy, the way Sunstreaker is.

Cheers to those who aren\'t whining!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Actually im a anti-toy accuracy guy who loves sunbow cartoon accuracy. But dont confuse "cartoon accuracy" with "literal cartoon accuracy". Im all for cartoon accuracy in terms of things like Astrotrain being dark grey, trailbreaker having a mouth, Bruticus having brown shuttle parts on his chest plate, etc. Im all for that. What I dont respect is aesthetics that are taken literally on a quickly drawn animation cell using a 30 year old process before CGI existed. I dont need every stinking line and proportion to look like it was hand drawn by someone who was rushed like a slave to draw 300 cells in an 8 hour shift. I dont need all spark blue car windows to indicate "clear" glass just because clear glass didnt exist brfore CGI. And I definitely dont need fake gas tanks on his legs just because a two minute sketch depicted them slightly more square they are in truck mode. Thats not aesthetics. Thats bad comedy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.