Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    I’ll be keeping my MP10 and getting 3.0. Gonna Appreciate both. Good time to be a transformers fan.

• Like Like x 11
  2. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm surprised of the hate. From what I can see so far, though these angle pics suck, this looks like it blows MP-10 out of the water. The legs look thinner and allowing the trailer to sit where it should for real world accuracy. MP-10 was so bad they had to add ladders for detail like what you would find on the Constructicons.

If your happy with MP-10, more to you. If your saying there isn't enough improvements over the old one, I think your not trying very hard to compare the two. On top of that, this will match better with MP Megs, which is heavily cartoon driven.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    I don’t care for cartoon accuracy. It’s a new figure and seems like it’ll have cool new transforming gimmicks. The articulation and transformation and articulation will be why I’ll get Prime 3.0

• Like Like x 1
  4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    What I want is a release date. And the release date of the KO with more die-cast and the toy accurate head, the release date of the OS KO and the release date of the official redeco with the toy accurate head.

5. 7thParallel

7thParallel Well-Known Member

Optimus' windows aren't fake.

Think MP Optimus Primal's chest piece. You open the window, pull it out, spin it upside down, slot it back in.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    I still have MP-01, as my only Masterpiece.
    I just never bought into the line, Generations is a much more satisfying for my tast.
    But that being said this new one looks good, eventhough I\'m probably not going to buy it.

7. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I realize that. In addition, people are capable of making choices and of raising their self-awareness. Typically, I tend to choose not to respond if there’s someone posting like Rated X has been. However, in this case I chose to say something because of the sheer quantity at which he’s already made his point clear.

Some will say to use the ignore feature, but I’d rather not ignore anyone and would instead hope that Rated X chooses to either make worthwhile contributions to the discussion or to realize that he’s said his piece and move along.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Not to mention, I think it's pretty clear TT here are NOT grabbing some random "3 minute drawn" frame from a random episode to base these new figures on. I'd guess it's from a culmination of scenes, but more likely, very heavily based on the control art, which I can pretty much guarantee actually had a lot of thought, time, and purpose put into it.

Sure some of the purpose was most likely to make them easier to animate, but they were also given very specific details and proportions. The fact that TT is able replicate those details and proportions in robot mode while STILL giving us such real world accurate alt modes is truly amazing and fascinating to me. TT is literally going out of their way to work in transformations to give us the robots, as close as they can, to what we saw on TV.

But nah...let's just keep using "bland" and "lazy" ad nauseam to criticize what we don't like.

Oh...and I think Prime here looks absolutely amazing! I love MP-10, he's not going anywhere. But this Prime, damn! Look at that headsculpt! Or those perfectly contoured legs! He just oozes the character, and I can't wait to see him, full color, next to Megatron.

• Like Like x 12
  9. Neuroguy28

Neuroguy28 Member

This point must be made. I remember when I purchased my first mp-10 thinking to myself how the toy had many inaccuracies from the cartoon model, and it confused me as to why. When my-36 was released I was astonished at how perfect a masterpiece could look in comparison to the cartoon model, and it was at that point when I realized that mp-10 up to ultra magnus would need to be remade. 

In comparisipn to the 35th anniversary masterpiece Optimus (10) is really a cheap masterpiece  incomparisipn to today’s models. He looks awful and everyone always talked about  how great he was but he simply was not. Mp-1 is superior to mp-10 and again it has to do with moving parts possibility and functionality his engineering is inferior and I never understood why no one ever bothered to notice or mention it. Sunstreaker for example is far superior to mp-10 in every way. The toy everyone should be going ape shit over is Megatron he is literally perfect, far superior to mp-10. 

Masterpiexes that need remolding

starscream- clearly howling meteor shows how star scream could be improved, but Takaras remold would outshine howling meteor 

sound wave- chest is way too big and maybe some of that sunstreaker engineer could fix that

rumble ravage and frenzy- these all look really shitty and need heavy remolding

bluestreak prowl- their chests are too big and their legs to thick

sideswipe needs the same remolding as blue streak

wheeljack- wideshield has that stubby end and again needs that sunstreaker enginnering

bumblebee needs to look less like an 80s vw, and more like the compressed vw, we see in the show, possible with the ability to look like a real vw, and the compressed vw.

ultramagnus could go both ways, but I think he could be slightly retooled because those legs as we all know are not that secure and could be more solid.

after Magnus the rest are good, although I think shockwave should be taller, and hopefully starscream will gain some height when he gets his remold

• Like Like x 2
  10. eVac Z

eVac Z Cybertron and all of its figures belong to ME!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Gotta love this thread :lol 

>First pictures were shown, everyone goes apeshit over a blurry image and makes this out to be the worst thing to ever exist

>HD pictures release, people act like it is the second coming of Christ :lol 

Needless to say, I never owned an actual MP-10 besides the nemesis and I'm totally in for this.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Neuroguy28

Neuroguy28 Member

This point must be made. I remember when I purchased my first mp-10 thinking to myself how the toy had many inaccuracies from the cartoon model, and it confused me as to why. When my-36 was released I was astonished at how perfect a masterpiece could look in comparison to the cartoon model, and it was at that point when I realized that mp-10 up to ultra magnus would need to be remade. 

In comparisipn to the 35th anniversary masterpiece Optimus (10) is really a cheap masterpiece  incomparisipn to today’s models. He looks awful and everyone always talked about  how great he was but he simply was not. Mp-1 is superior to mp-10 and again it has to do with moving parts possibility and functionality his engineering is inferior and I never understood why no one ever bothered to notice or mention it. Sunstreaker for example is far superior to mp-10 in every way. The toy everyone should be going ape shit over is Megatron he is literally perfect, far superior to mp-10. 

Masterpiexes that need remolding

starscream- clearly howling meteor shows how star scream could be improved, but Takaras remold would outshine howling meteor 

sound wave- chest is way too big and maybe some of that sunstreaker engineer could fix that

rumble ravage and frenzy- these all look really shitty and need heavy remolding

bluestreak prowl- their chests are too big and their legs to thick

sideswipe needs the same remolding as blue streak

wheeljack- wideshield has that stubby end and again needs that sunstreaker enginnering

bumblebee needs to look less like an 80s vw, and more like the compressed vw, we see in the show, possible with the ability to look like a real vw, and the compressed vw.

ultramagnus could go both ways, but I think he could be slightly retooled because those legs as we all know are not that secure and could be more solid.

after Magnus the rest are good, although I think shockwave should be taller, and hopefully starscream will gain some height when he gets his remold

12. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

I'm just glad I sold ALL my MP10 versions the moment that chest line-art was shown. Got to at least make most of my $$$ back.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup. I'm replacing my MP-10. I don't even care about faux parts in this case because it looks so damn freaking good. Not to mention, the windows still can be the actual windows. From looks of it, they might be doing something similar to Cheetor. The bot mode windows look to behind the vehicle mode windows.

• Like Like x 4
  14. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    With the much clearer images, he's really looking quite nice.

I mean really REALLY nice.

Looks like he just night actually have opening doors in cab mode.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    P-E-R-F-E-C-T!!!!!

• Like Like x 5
  16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I find it funnier that so many replies are "Ugh, I'll just stick to MP-10/MP1" like that's not an option anybody (let alone TT) considered?

Like is that not a good thing, that we have so many MP Optimuses that almost all bases are covered and everyone gets what they want?

• Like Like x 7
  17. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Oh the channel Hasbro bought? "The Hub" yeah they ran Generation One from 2008 to 2012. This head is more accurate to the original cartoon season 1. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Mmmmm, dat panel tetris, gaps, weird proportions and kibble. Yeah, still prefer the new 3p.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

• Like Like x 5
  19. Orbitalchaos

Orbitalchaos Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    All of those older MPs are perfect for what they tried to do, none of them are cartoon accurate. They tried to combine the Toy, Cartoon, and real world. Comparing them to the new pure cartoon masterpiece figures isn't fair because they're trying to do two completely different things.

• Like Like x 4
  20. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

It's always the same. Until the actual figure lands and all the praise and great pictures completely make those posts disappear because no one reads them.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.