Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Mostly posting here as I'm sure there of a lot of us that want a 2nd Prime that isn't MP10 or one of the 3p options, but don't have another $300+ to spend. Also, seeing that alot of us want a toy version, for those of us with some painting skills (or reprolabel stickers if they exist), this is a good way to not ruin an actual expensive MP44.

...plus, a way to xform the character multiple times w/o jacking up the paint and joints and having to self repair...

...or replacement parts for some of these messed up knees or loose hips (assuming the parts are interchangeable). There's been alot of issues displayed on this thread since day one as these figs cont to be handled.

...or get extra accessories w/o dropping anther $300.00 plus...

A primarily KO buyer wouldn't know about or appreciate these options, as they prob don't own a real MP44. I'm looking for ways to preserve mine and enjoy the fig as much as possible as I've only xformed mine once from truck to bot and never back. Same with my official Meg, only I've never xformed that one. I'm sure some of us will have use for a less pricey backup. Beat the shit out of the KO; keep MP44 in perfect condition (or simply use the KO as the cheaper vehicle mode). I don't usually do KOs (I have the Ratbat and would like a Meg to xform), but this one seems like a good secondary option, considering the heartache some are having with the common issues of the official.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Memph99Q4Ev

NICE!!! I "gave" mine to my MP Ultra Magnus. I looks perfect in his "Matrix mold" hands.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Memph99Q4Ev

You're right about that, the "paint" is trash (if there even IS any paint). If I get him, it'll be for A) alt mode and B) imposter Starscream Prime, in which I feel the dead eyes and muted paint look are perfect for. He actually LOOKS like a fake Prime. And, I can keep my Starscream head on my MP11ish (Walmart Scream). It may add some resale there as well (maybe).

Not a fan of KOs myself as they're mostly crap, however, the MP44 Prime and Meg figs are the pinnacle of my collection now. I don't want ANY issues with them; paint, joints or otherwise! This will help us accomplish that; preserve the authentic bots.

...plus two battle axes or akimbo. Bad assery...

Finally, I'm really liking blast effects now. IF I or others pick this up, we'll have two lightup blast effects. And, I can give Sideswipe the jetpack adding to HIS inevitable resale (if I choose to sell ever).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It was quite the relief that I didn’t break it scared me for a second!

Hey good idea! I forgot all about Magnus’ “matrix hands”!

• Like Like x 2
  5. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

“Not a fan of KO’s”

“usually against KO’s”

Buys a KO.

• Like Like x 2
  6. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Post gets deleted because you can talk official in the 3rd party discussion but not 3rd party in the official one!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Memph99Q4Ev

In the case of a $300-$500+ fig that I already own and want to preserve, I'm willing to make an exception for a 2nd copy. Especially since a lot of us have 2nd copies of other bots from all of those plus models that arrived. This way we can keep the collections consistent AND cost effective. I simply can't afford a 2nd official Prime, and wouldn't be willing to paint over the official Nemesis Prime coming out. That mofo is badass, too!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    all fair points

also I like your use of the term xforming, xformed, xformation. You're streets ahead, kid :thumb 

• Like Like x 5
  9. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    whats xforming? or is that transforming.. but removing trans for well you know..

anyway. official the best. ko's no thx

• Like Like x 2
  10. Powerglide70053

Powerglide70053 Yeah but (insert figure name) is no Voltron..

Yea I saw the eyes weren't painted and didn't realise until then the incredible difference it makes. Made me rethink whether I want this now

11. Memph99Q4Ev

Thanks!

Yeah, the official MPs are the way to go, which is exactly why I want to preserve the best ones to hit the scene. Especially the costly ones.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:

Yeah, seeing how the KO turned out made me realize I want the original, the knees are fixed but it looks bad to me without paint and dead eyes.

If I had been up on this when it was available at Amazon Japan pricing I would have grabbed it but I missed that. I’ll just wait and see.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

MP-49 releases in 6 days so that may be an option if you want to experience the mould. It’s a lot cheaper than 44.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Memph99Q4Ev

Ouch, I feel your pain! Yeah, if you can, def get the official per nothing tops this Prime IMHO. The KO is missing A LOT, including an actual finish. I don't blame you for anyone for not wanting to pay current pricing, though. I sold my MP10 for $250.00 when 44 was announced and was lucky enough to catch it on AJ for $350.00 after saving pocket change for a year. That'll take forever for a 2nd copy, especially with MP Primes tending to increase in cost over the years.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Memph99Q4Ev

You know what, scratch that. I just looked up MP44 prices for kicks and giggles; these muthaf***as are trippin!!! Some of those are near $800.00!!! Yeah, if you can't get it retail cost ASAP, go for it; these ppl loosing their gahd-damn minds. If not (let's face it, it is $500.00), maybe AJ will have one of their sales later this year. I've said it many times on these threads; a change jar makes all the difference with offsetting cost.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Pretty sure MP-10 was going for $500 or $600 on Ebay after it was sold out everywhere. Then you could get the reissue a few months later for $150 with pre-order discounts.

Happens every time with new MPs. Fact is all the people complaining they didn't want to spend $450 on MP-44 could now be making a profit selling him on if they really didn't like him in-hand.

If you really want an MP-44, look for second-hand deals on the boards or other smaller pages. I'm sure they can still be found.

• Like Like x 5
  17. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Any proof of this? I am trying to sell mine for a profit. Last price on eBay was around 409 + 10 for shipping. After eBay + Paypal fees + shipping, the best you might hope for is breaking even and that's only if you buy them from AJP.

People buying from Western retailers can forget about making a profit.

18. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Surprised no one ever designed a replacement set of ratchets for MP44 like Star Saber, seems like easy money for that first run.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:

Well even $1 is profit.

It hasn’t even been a year yet, I’m sure as we get farther from the original release, and he starts to sell out at all major retailers (which he will), then ebay prices will go up.

• Like Like x 2
  20. AndyPurro

AndyPurro Cancerous Pyro Main

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oo thanks!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.