Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

Well, my prime came in, and of course I get crap QC as usual. The chrome looks like someone went back and tried to touch up paint on it. The front grill also has marks like that. Does BBTS do replacements because this looks like shit for a $400+ item

prime.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

I hope you live locally or the return of item is gonna be murder! How many days have passed since you received him?Try asking them if you can just sendback just the defective cab?

3. GodParticle

Yeah, i live in the states. I just got today and never transformed(still has the plastic stuff inside). My idea was just swap out the cab, but I've never asked for a return with them over the many years of doing business

4. Fafnir72

Don't transform him. Email them now, send an image asap. I hope you get this resolved soon.

Btw, my MP10 had two left feet. I had it returned(not BBTS btw) and got a scratched paint on the feet in return.:lolol  I( nothing to do but laugh as there no longer was a replacement item available), got it from a local anime import shop years ago. Moral of the story is, even back then, Takara's QC control was already turdy. Not confined to just MP44.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. GodParticle

That's my worry...get something worse than before :eek: . Is it possible to repaint chrome in case they say no?

6. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    They should have donors, at worse you should be able to get a replacement grill and just swap it out, if everything else is fine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fafnir72

I heard about but can't endorse Molotow liquid chrome (Not a professional modeler). Maybe some of our customizers in tfw could give you advise?

• Like Like x 2
  8. GodParticle

Ah, good idea about getting just the part. Not sure how easy it would be to swap out since I haven't transformed to see if it's pins or screws holding in

I'll take a look. Part of me wants to strip all that tacky chrome off and paint white like the cartoon. Kind of scary if I messed it up though lol

9. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    BBTS should do you right, they were happy to issue a return and replacement for my MP+ Bluestreak after I suffered some debatedly miniscule minor-mild paint defects (rust-colored paint blotch on one tire, mainly). So I wouldn't expect them to turn your request away.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    @GodParticle you ordered with BBTS, they'll look after you. For the love of God(Particle) don't try to touch anything up by yourself!

Molotow pens are good but nowhere near as good as electroplated chrome.

• Like Like x 6
  11. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    FYI
    Customs: - MOLOTOW LIQUID CHROME MARKERS TRIAL

• Like Like x 3
  12. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Their customer service is legit the reason why i'm a lifelong customer with them, even though I order a good portion of my Transformers stuff elsewhere, while my main Takara stuff will probably be through them (whenever I get MP-44, i'm absolutely going with BBTS, no exception). They are FUCKING SAINTS.

• Like Like x 2
  13. GodParticle

Thanks for the replies. They already wrote back and said that they didn't have replacement parts, but I could send the figure back(not sure if they meant everything). Kind of sucks that I already waited a week and a half for it, now who knows how long for a replacement. And then there's the gamble of getting something worse back

That paint pen doesn't look half bad, but I guess I'll just roll the dice on a replacement

• Like Like x 1
  14. GodParticle

So BBTS's reply to my question about sending back without the box(it was damaged and I tossed) was odd. Originally they said I could send back for a replacement, and now they say they can do a 1-time return for store credit:

"Thank you for the update. I was able to talk with our Product Team concerning the MP-44. It seems that the chroming is somewhat of a common issue with this particular figure. If we did send you another one, it is very likely that the figure will have similar, if not worse, chrome application concerns that would not meet your collector's eye. If you would still like to proceed with the return, as the packaging is not intact, we can accept it back as a one time courtesy and issue a refund in the form of store credit."

Is bad chrome a thing on this guy?

15. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster ...

News Credits:
    Me personally, this is the first i'm hearing of the chrome having issues.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Never heard of chrome issues in the 1533 pages here.

• Like Like x 6
  17. GodParticle

Yeah, that sounded a little like "because you're so picky" lol. I mean, I hope I'm not being too picky. It's pretty bad looking in person

18. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In my opinion chrome isn’t a problem on 44. I believe they are taking a business approach and assuming that you are a picky collector. And that the chances of sending you another 400 dollar toy will not meet your standards. If they’re right they will be obligated to do the whole dance again, or piss off a customer and risk bad feedback in the community.

personally I say keep the toy. But that is just what I’d do. If they’ll give you credit that is incredibly kind of them. Take advantage of the situation if you’re truly unhappy with the product.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GodParticle

I get that their side. I just didn't want it to appear like I'm being overly picky. I've probably spent thousands with them over the years and never asked to return anything

• Like Like x 1
  20. AndyPurro

AndyPurro Cancerous Pyro Main

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Was fiddling with the Matrix when it came into my mind.

Does anyone know if the Shadow Fisher LED Matrix kit for MP-10 works with MP-44?
    I'm asking since I'm under the assumption that the MP-44 Matrix is an redeco'ed MP-10 Matrix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.