Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself, @chchchch ! Man, that post should be stickied!

• Like Like x 2
  2. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

Good work. But MP-46 is an Arachnid. I think you mean MP-47

• Like Like x 1
  3. chchchch

chchchch QQ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Whoops haha! Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Glad to see you're still enjoying yours and that the knees are still holding up. Mine are still fine too, with no preventative surgery needed thus far. Still enjoying him. Paint has held up pretty well overall, but the last transformation gave him a second chip on the yellow paint on waist on his right side. I'm usually very anti-reprolabel sets on MPs (other than faction symbols on 3p figures), but I'm really hoping ToyHax makes some stickers to cover those yellow waist bits up. They are a paint chipping magnet and I think the yellow waist bits are going to look like ass in a few years without some intervention. Amd I'm no good at painting.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dean ML

Wasn’t anything mean spirited on my end, brother.

Two months in and it’s looking certain this guy’s gonna remain my favorite figure of all time.

• Like Like x 7
  6. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

I know, was just ribbing ya ... I think I love Triumph as much as you love MP-44 ... back when Conan was funny and young and not jaded by Mr. Big Chin

• Like Like x 1
  7. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Tortugatron

Tortugatron Well-Known Member

I don’t think enough people are enjoying the vehicle mode. That gloss paint just pops under light. :eek: 

FB3BF02D-15CF-41AF-9A61-6D7A2EA6414E.jpeg

• Like Like x 21
  9. Chris C137

Chris C137 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yep. MP44 is the new main man of my MP collection, and I prefer him in just about every way to MP10, but there's still a place for MP10 in my collection, which is my somewhat expanding MP Optimus shelf. Eventually it will include MP10, MP32, MPM4 (LT and WJ versions), Unique Toys TLK Optimus, Toyworld Bumblebee Movie Optimus and Generation Toys IDW Optimus. If MP versions of Animated or TF Prime Optimus ever happened I'd consider adding those too. See! There's an Optimus for everyone!

• Like Like x 4
  10. Dean ML

Can't get enough of his kneeling abilities, blast effects, and how well he goes with the other figures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 29
  11. chchchch

chchchch QQ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I ended up banging this out between other digibashes @Liampope ...I hope I got everything! I ended up using this same old stock image because it gives a good 3/4 view of the cab. Here's a bunch of disclaimers :lol 
    - I went to move the door handle you mentioned after shortening the windows, but when I checked some pics of actual Freightliners they seemed pretty accurately placed to me as-is...so I think I might have totally misunderstood something, ha!
    - The extra little grill above the main one is probably a little too tall relative to its width, but I thought it should use close to the same frame and slat size as the main grille, so this is where it ended up. I also realized that it is now wider than the central piece that swings up to form part of the backpack, so it would actually need to have two splits in it...I crudely sorta tried to slightly make it look like three individual pieces to keep it honest about how it would look.
    - It might not even be distinguishable, but I technically did a silver paint kind of finish on the grab bars and door handle instead of chrome, because as far as I know, vacuum metalization must be done to an entire part (i.e., a single part can't be partially chromed) and I didn't think they would actually mold those bits separately. Though if I tried to do them as chrome, it might not look any different :lol 
    - For this and other MP-44+ digibashes I've done, I'm never exactly sure how they'd place the grey/silver stripe. They way I have it here is consistent with MP-10 in that it aligns with the top of the grill and extends to halfway between the grill top and headlights. This also happens to be where the panel cut lines are, so it seems perfect, but since MP-44 has taller windows than MP-10 it also means the stripe looks a little bit skinny this way in comparison. Also, for some reason the silver stripe always looks terrible to me on this particular photo (the side of the cab is really grainy and noisy for some reason) but here it is anyway!
    - I also made the rear and trailer wheel wells black but I don't know if that even matters for a bright blue hitch/trailer :lol 

With and without silver stripe:

MP44 Truck Experiments w Grey Stripe.jpg

MP44 Truck Experiments no Grey Stripe.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 15
  12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    What are you smoking? I bet it's some good shit...:lolol 

• Like Like x 6
  13. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

Gorgeous! and that camera of yours is crisp.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

He just needs the loving folks!

• Like Like x 2
  15. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    Not all of us worship at the Altar of Sunbow

I prefer MP-10 over MP-44. Im not saying MP-44 sucks i just like MP-10 better.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Fafnir72

I love you too brother.:D 

Owning both the stylized MP10 and MP44 (and the original MP01)gives me a wiggle room of not being a Sunbow sycophant :cool: 

Also, "posting MP10 is better" in an MP44 thread is like intentionally swimming in shark infested waters with a shaving nick in the face. It's like an invite to be Spielberg's Jaws #15 first victim!:lolol 

• Like Like x 3
  17. shadow panther

News Credits:
    Yeah i dont own MP-01/04 dumped it when MP-10 was released and never looked back. I do like MP-44 and was fortunate enough to get a perfect copy.

And unrelated i never went in the ocean ever again once i saw Jaws

• Like Like x 2
  18. Fafnir72

MP44 ain't perfect. Whoever says otherwise that is in denial. Before him, MP-10 was my most decaled detailed upgraded of my MPs. If MP44 didn't come out, I'd have added the latest uber Eness MP-10 detail set to it but MP44 just had to spoil my plans:banghead:  (I'll be getting that decal set later) as I can't stop marveling at the latter.

That's how much loving I gave to MP-10. Sure the simple aesthetic kinda a turn off given how Siege is all back to hyper details I'd grant you that.

19. shadow panther

News Credits:
    When MP-10 came out i couldnt put it down. I ended up with getting a second copy to display so i could play with one worry free. I just dont feel that same conection with MP-44

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dean ML

Cool story bro! Hope you keep posting about how much you prefer MP-10 here and keep on keeping this hobby fun! Although unless one prefers lots of visual noise, clunky proportions, limited articulation, fewer gimmicks/accessories, simpler engineering, bare plastic, and aesthetics that echo neither the G1 toy, comics, or cartoon, 44 is objectively superior. ;)  ((WINK))

• Like Like x 12