Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

1. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    what's your batch no?

2. saggydave

saggydave Well-Known Member

I'm not home to look but I believe it was 20something 19...i could be wrong because I didn't see any glue but the sucker won't budge so maybe it's just an extremely tight fit...i dunno...just thought it was strange

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

20190920_190053.jpg
    Self learning A.I? Or if you follow the Western script, April is his "Mom".;) 

Addendum:

Just transformed "Convoy" using emgo's vids. :lolol  Most harrowing 30 minutes for me.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  4. BrutiKing

BrutiKing Apparently Ratchet Now.

News Credits:
    1. No, the topcoat doesn’t affect transformation.
    2. Imo, the plastic on my RG Nu Gundam feels better if that’s a reference to compare to.

• Like Like x 2
  5. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Interesting! Really curious about the batch number.

6. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

Late in the game as all have given their points of view so here's mine

1. Scary transformation. Really!
    2. Images in youtube unless HD cameras are used and even among our uploads(mine included) doesn't give justice to the actually vibrant glossy colors of the figure.:buttrock 
    3. The backpack ain't really obtrusive. It's kinda like an optical illusion (it's its width when viewed as an image or maybe just me).
    4. I'm praying I don't break him or the plastic don't do an MP-09 on me.
    5. Does he even have die-cast? on the most important parts that is.
    6. Carly is hot:drool: 
    7. Roller should have been 6 wheel drive like the THS-02 version
    8. Biocard is soft unlike the previous MP releases
    9. Antennas bent must have been a conscious design choice (to prevent further breakage perhaps?)
    10. From Truck to robot? How the F did the Takara engineer do that?:bowdown: 

The best thing? (Let's not talk of his cost:deadhorse:  as its a done deal and hopefully Hb will release a more affordable version of him), he IS the G1 animation Prime/Convoy fulfilled in 3Delicious Goodness!

P.S. Ocean designs better come up with update decal details soon as this figure is the reason I held back further "enhancing" MP-10 with their decal set.

Peace:) 

Batch # G0919 ( the embossed number on the bottom) as my version has no issues yet.

• Like Like x 8
  7. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I see! makes sense... We only used to have like what?? 4 TV channels back then.
    I remember transformers used to come on the DJ Kat show after Inspector Gadget, probably like 89-92
    I think my mum and dad got Sky or Cable pretty early in the game and I defo didn't see it.

I remember the Sci-Fi channel had those obscure Anime's laaaaattte lateee at night.
    I'd imagine it over there if anything.

You probably aren't wrong about that kids area O.T I remember my dentist as a kid had the same old VHS tape of old cartoons playing ... The animation one about the monsters under the trap door... makes sense.

I still have weird memories of a Giant Fort Max size headmaster transformer in Hamleys that had an all matt grey upscaled Snapdragon head.
    There was only one and it was open on the floor for kids to play with, there was 2 older kids all over it!

* For the non UK people (Hamleys often had unique pieces, opened toys and giant lego sculptures etc for people to play with. It was one of the fanciest most expensive toy stores in the country)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    The armature for the waist and the feet are die-cast. Not sure if any other parts are die-cast though.

• Like Like x 3
  9. BrutiKing

News Credits:
    The feet are die-cast? I don't think so, unless there's a part I have not messed with yet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    Maybe not the entire feet, but definitely the toes. The gray on mine are scratched and the cut at the bottom shows it's die-cast underneath.

• Like Like x 2
  11. BrutiKing

News Credits:
    oh. the tip of the toes are plastic. I checked the way takara gets their unique metallic finish and they spray silver underneath, then a translucent grey on top.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

You're right, the feet are plastic, but he's saying the armature of the feet are metal. The bits that act as the "ankles" on his inner boots.

Put a layer of Future on my play copy's mask, grey ribs, yellow crotch bits, and grey toes this morning to protect those pieces and it looks great. Might put another coat on this afternoon. Looks like I'll have some time to transform him to truck mode and back this weekend, hopefully a few times. Looking forward to it!

• Like Like x 8
  13. BrutiKing

News Credits:
    Huh. Need to check that out once I'm back home.

• Like Like x 1
  14. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Good stuff, I did the same with my second copy too. You might also want to coat the rest of his crotch armor as I've noticed a few chips here and there on my return figure. Both at the front and the back. Better safe than sorry, right?

Roller got sick of rollin' and went on a little adventure of his own!
    IMG_1753.JPG

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 12
  15. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Ah, the DJ Kat show! We had that here in The Netherlands too. I have fond memories of that. Presented by Linda de Mol, who's also Dutch. I believe it was her first presenting experience. Was that on Sky Channel or Fun Factory? Probably Sky Channel. Don't think it was '89 to '92 though, but earlier. Starting something like '87 already? I remember being seven or eight and watching Transformers on TV. During the week they would broadcast Transformers at around 16:00 CET. That's a long time ago; turning 40 at the end of November.

• Like Like x 1
  16. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    @BrutiKing , your work is impressive. Definitely not doing this to mine.

I don't understand how some of you find that transformation SO difficult. It's honestly pretty easy and logical as everything just goes to its place…

• Like Like x 7
  17. Tortugatron

Tortugatron Well-Known Member

Did anyone find a paint match for the blue? I JUST had a chance to crack mine open finally and he had a small chip on the front of his foot (visible in truck mode).

18. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

@BrutiKing @Georgii10235 and @lord ginrai , turns out I was wrong about the ankles being die cast. It was just the screws that Spike's magnet feet were sticking to. If anyone knows what's die cast in this figure, though, it's @Agent 539 !

• Like Like x 8
  19. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Hi everyone, I’d appreciate some advice in answer to a post I made here yesterday. I think it went overlooked after I posted.

It’s about Amazon JP’s return window and the MP-44 I got for my brother. Please read this post and let me know your thoughts. PMs are okay if you don’t want to clog the thread. Thanks! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  20. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

I don't think Amazong would not get a return because they removed from the site. They simply don't want to sell it more, but they definitely accept your return as it is a needed customer care.
    About what to do: personally I would open it, inspect it and if perfect, handle to my brother explaining to him that you did a quality check for him to be sure the gift was perfect. If I was your brother I would appreciate that extra care :) 

• Like Like x 1