Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy/Optimus Prime Ver. 3

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Retroheavy, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrutiKing

BrutiKing M O I S T

News Credits:
    Does anyone have the link for MP-44's poll on his box?

Yes, you can use any company, but if it is lost in the mail, Amazon will not reimburse you. On the other hand, if you use DHL, amazon will still refund you even if the package is missing. That's the difference.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2019
  2. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Ok I will ask them about it because DHL is way too expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MegaPrime85

MegaPrime85 New Member

I was wondering if I was doing it wrong on shipping it back. There is no return label and it cost almost $250 USD to ship it back to them with DHL. They told me they would refund me as long as I provided a receipt of the shipping cost.
    It's crazy to spend 2/3 of what it is worth to send it back. Mine had a lot of paint issues and one of the knee joints was loose.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've had perfect paint on all of my FT products... Whether that paint survives a transformation though, that's another story. ;-)

Seriously though, if there's a little round green sticker and I've been careful then I've always been fine. Even my two recent X-Transbots purchases have been perfect. Who'd have thunk that!!

5. IwatchTV

IwatchTV Well-Known Member

God damn! Reading this thread is hard, knowing my prime is sitting boxed up in our bedroom waiting to be a xmas gift from my wife and kids.

Nevermind. Only 15 weeks to go.

Plus side is, I cant wait to see the look on my Daughters face when she sees him, she loves Prime :) 

I dont think it is. I waited for a re-release of him and he had the same faults as my mates 1st release.

While on the subject of MP36, does anyone know a colour for the end of his gun? I have damage on mine from where I stupidly attached the barrel

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    Agreed. I tried messing with them again before going on holiday. Spike’s legs popped off at the hips, his torso came apart, and an arm came off as well - it was a mess. :lol  All I was trying to do was sit him inside Roller!

They’re cute, but very finnicky at times...

• Like Like x 6
  7. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    Did he break? Spikes legs are the same on my copy. My spark plugs neck is no more :lol  I had to glue it as it sheared off...

• Like Like x 1
  8. M Alex

M Alex Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You have this here: Minor/Repaint: - MP-44 General Fix Thread, which goes about it the same way as @Tman978's video. I'd read @BrutiKing's fix and then watch TMan's vid. I did the fix with the video, it wasn't a problem at all (not the mess I went through with DX9's Gabriel, though I made him finally work! ;D ). Just get rid of the access glue with a toothpick and wait some time before reassemby so that you don't glue anything that isn't supposed to be glued together.

I used Gorilla Super Glue Gel (which also helped mi fix sliding door that's been waiting for that for ages). Cyanoacrylates should work, though some people reported that they had issues with that. I'm guessing it could have been an issue of not properly cleaning the bits that were to be glued.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    Man that’s a shame, so delicate huh. My Sparkplug looks like a caveman with how his head sits, I’ll have to remember to share a pic when I get home.

Spike didn’t break, but I feel it’s only a matter of time until the ball joints give out from things popping off/being reconnected, so I probably won’t mess with them much - not that I’m overly interested in having pathetic flesh creatures in my collection to begin with. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  10. Destructimis Prime

Destructimis Prime We have Landed

News Credits:
    I agree. Mine had the caveman look too that’s why I was trying to adjust the head a bit. It’s a real shame these little figures ended up so bad. I wonder how they even made it into production. Anyone who handles them for five seconds can see numerous glaring issues that it’s kind of shocking weren’t seen in preproduction. I was looking forward to having a good Spike figure for once. The one that came with MP-10 is surprisingly better than the new one even with it having one leg longer than the other, it’s a shame. Maybe the one that comes with Bee will be a little better?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:

• Like Like x 4
  12. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I used to be hugely critical of XTB, and for good reason as for ages their stuff was total shite. But they've definitely turned it around. Their recent figures have been great. And every time I'd had QC problems (maybe 3 times, I think) their customer service has been top class. Don't get me started on Toyworld's customer service, however...

I've never had to test Takara's customer service, fortunately.

13. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This is exactly why I am living with my paint defect. I am not interested in spending $200+ on shipping costs that I may or may not have to fight for reimbursement on. I was told they will only reimburse up to 12000 yen ($111) in shipping costs. Something about possible points or store credit for anything beyond that.

14. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    Correct. Which I'll be using for Bumblebee and Hound. At least now I have a proper MP-44, that's worth it to me.

15. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's his own alt mode flight stand!!

20190911_223825.jpg

Yeah I don't know why either. Was taking it slow and savouring it, only got one leg done then it was bed time. :)  :) 

• Like Like x 31
  16. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

20190911_123613.jpg 20190911_122245.jpg 20190911_114707.jpg 20190911_125000.jpg 20190911_132723.jpg 20190911_133510.jpg
    Ahhh, finally opened my Op today. Havent xformed him yet due to checking out the accessories 1st.

ALLL about the extras now! I didnt realize how much they help add to the group until i started messing around with them...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 25
  17. jimmyh

jimmyh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    And did they reimburse you right away?

18. Masterpiecefan

Masterpiecefan Well-Known Member

Got my prime from tfs-express today and box is a little dented but pleasently surprised to find i got a shirt with him. Nice bonus!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  19. piman

piman Well-Known Member

The transformation engineering is amazing like solving a topological puzzle.

However I would call it mp op v 2.5 instead of 3.

I hope h/t move on to a new level, the true v 3.0 like this.

微博视频

• Like Like x 2
  20. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

I'm so jealous...just look at how perfectly you've lined up the back of the cab, damn!

:rock :bowdown: 

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.